Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mad Max: Fury Road (Miller, 2015) — The Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Mad Max: Fury Road (Miller, 2015) — The Reviews Thread
36.36%
26.62%
18.18%
9.09%
2.60%
1.30%
1.30%
0.65%
1.30%
0.65%
1.30%
No Mel, no sale!
0.65%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Mad Max: Fury Road (Miller, 2015) — The Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Mad Max: Fury Road (Miller, 2015) — The Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Doesn't it still have yet to open in a few markets? I figure if Pacific Rim can get a sequel this should be able to manage as well.
I'm not sure if this is getting a China release or not, that's a big one.
Old 05-25-15, 02:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
I'm not sure if this is getting a China release or not, that's a big one.
June 2015. I can't find the exact date though.
Old 05-25-15, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cool. Its doing well in South Korea as was expected, if there's one country that loves stylized effects work its them. It dropped a whopping 8% there this weekend, only at $14.8m cume but hell if it can keep at that rate...

Last edited by RichC2; 05-25-15 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-25-15, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys... guys... does anyone know if Why So Blu? has a girlfriend or not?
Old 05-25-15, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw it today. Holy crap, exceeded all expectations. So, so good. Started awesome and never let up. Absolutely loved it!
Old 05-25-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Solid Snake identifies as a woman. So... yes?
Old 05-25-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Numanoid
I think he said she's a ballet dancer who's...flexible in bed.... Why do you ask ?

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 05-25-15 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-25-15, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The film still rocks four times later.
Old 05-26-15, 07:49 AM
Banned

Yeah. I've seen it 5 times now. I love it like crazy. It's just so much of what we needed in action. And this 70 year old Aussie just schooled everyone in US cinema.

I hope like crazy this one gets a healthy amount of features. Someone get that guy that does the Ridley Scott documentaries. I really digged Miller's commentary on MM2.

I still haven't seen anything beyond his Mad Max Films and his Twilight Zone segment, which was burned into my head as a kid cuz it was sooooo good. I saw Babe but not Babe 2, that he directed. Are his other works really good too? Witches of Eastwick sounds crazy awesome.

His Happy Feet films are the ones... that I'd have a hard time getting into.
Old 05-26-15, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah. I've seen it 5 times now. I love it like crazy. It's just so much of what we needed in action. And this 70 year old Aussie just schooled everyone in US cinema.
They had the new Terminator trailer before my showing. All I could see were crappy CG effects.
Old 05-26-15, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope like crazy this one gets a healthy amount of features. Someone get that guy that does the Ridley Scott documentaries. I really digged Miller's commentary on MM2.

I still haven't seen anything beyond his Mad Max Films and his Twilight Zone segment, which was burned into my head as a kid cuz it was sooooo good. I saw Babe but not Babe 2, that he directed. Are his other works really good too? Witches of Eastwick sounds crazy awesome.

Somehow I either never realized or totally forgot that George Miller was signed on to do a Justice League movie at one point.

Documentary on George Miller’s Never-Made JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Announced

Right now, fans all over the world are going nuts over director George Miller’s return to the world of Mad Max with Fury Road. But did you know that not that long ago, Warner Brothers nearly had Miller direct a big screen Justice League movie? Back in 2007, Warner Bros. hired Miller to bring the JLA to life in a movie that would have been called Justice League: Mortal, and the project came this close to shooting. There was a script, a full cast in place (including Armie Hammer as Batman and Common as Green Lantern) costumes designed and made, and shooting was scheduled to proceed in a matter of weeks before Warner Brothers pulled the plug on the whole thing in early 2008.

Various reasons have been given as to why the whole thing crashed–the WGA writer’s strike was happening at the time, Chris Nolan’s desire to have his Batman be the only Batman while his Dark Knight saga was in the middle of production, problems filming in Australia, and, supposedly, WB’s cold feet about introducing all of these iconic characters together in one movie, which might kill all those potential franchises in one fell swoop if fans didn’t take to it. Any one or all of these things could have done Justice League: Mortal in. But after the awesomeness of Mad Max: Fury Road it’s hard not to imagine what could have been.

Now, director Ryan Unicomb and producers Aaron Cater and Steven Caldwell plan on pulling back the curtain on the movie that almost beat Marvel to The Avengers by three whole years. That’s right, they are planning to tell the whole behind the scenes saga of the JLA movie that nearly was in a feature-length documentary. Currently, the documentary has the working title Miller’s Justice League Mortal, and will seek to give an unbiased account of the project’s development, pre-production, and cancellation, as well as the impact on the Australian film industry. The plan is to interview some of the cast and crew who would have worked on the film and gain access to never-before-seen artwork and costumes, very few which have leaked out over the years.

The last couple of years have seen several documentaries based around high-profile genre projects that ultimately never saw the light of day, like Jodorowsky’s Dune and this year’s The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?, as well as the upcoming Doomed: The Untold Story of Roger Corman’s Fantastic Four, so Miller’s Justice League Mortal will be in good company. While a documentary like this might take a few years to produce, I wouldn’t be surprised if it premieres in time for Zack Snyder’s 2017 Justice League movie.
Old 05-26-15, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Is the 3D worth the upgrade?
Old 05-26-15, 09:05 AM
Banned

I didn't care for the 3D. 2D looked better to me.
Old 05-26-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I like the 3D but it was more for layered subtlety. Like the sand dunes and whatnot. Very little of it was used for "wow" moments. Heck, even the sandstorm didn't go nuts with the 3D. The only real gimmicky shot was
Spoiler:
when they blew the shit out of that last truck, after Immortan Joe died.
I liked the use of 3D (particularly when they were being shot at during the nighttime sequence) but it's not indispensable.
Old 05-26-15, 09:51 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I like the Witches of Eastwick quite a bit, as well as Lorenzo's Oil. Babe: Pig in the City>>>Babe.

George Miller is fucking awesome.
Old 05-26-15, 09:53 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Well, the GF wants a movie marathon, so we're seeing Ex Machina, Avengers 2, and Mad Max (fourth time already) today. Who am I to say no to a movie marathon like that?
Of course she does, you're paying, right?
Old 05-26-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess we'll turn a blind eye to the Happy Feet movie, I'm sure those were to just re-establish himself in Hollywood anyway.

It is funny that after Mad Max 1,2, 3, and Lorenzo's Oil, he opted to adapt Babe.
Old 05-26-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Witches of Eastwick is pretty cool. It was the dawn of cgi and Rob Bottin did the special effects make-up work.
Old 05-26-15, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RichC2
I guess we'll turn a blind eye to the Happy Feet movie, I'm sure those were to just re-establish himself in Hollywood anyway.

It is funny that after Mad Max 1,2, 3, and Lorenzo's Oil, he opted to adapt Babe.

I've never seen Lorenzo's Oil but considering Miller used to be a doctor before he was a director - I'm sure some of that lends itself to the material. I know from reading on his early days in the ER he said that watching people (and 3 of his friends) die in wrecks out in the outback really influenced the carnage seen in the Mad Max world.
Old 05-26-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess I should have said after MM1,2,3 that he did Lorenzo's Oil, I got it confused with another movie, that movie is more inline with Babe and Happy Feet than MM anything.
Old 05-26-15, 11:14 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.
No.
Same goes for DBox.

But Atmos?
Old 05-26-15, 12:21 PM
Banned

People doing some neat things w/ Lego ala Mad Max style
Old 05-26-15, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I liked Age of Ultron and all, but I love how this movie completely took away the movie conversation away from Avengers, and even though Avengers made way more money, Mad Max seems to have had a much greater cultural impact.
Old 05-26-15, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Saw this again this afternoon. That makes twice in the last 3 days. I still feel like I need to see it a few more times.

Originally Posted by slop101
I liked Age of Ultron and all, but I love how this movie completely took away the movie conversation away from Avengers, and even though Avengers made way more money, Mad Max seems to have had a much greater cultural impact.
I had fun with Age of Ultron, but the need to talk about it after I saw it went away very quickly. With Mad Max: Fury Road, I am noticing that all my friends who have seen it want to keep talking about it all the the time/consistently.
Old 05-26-15, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.

No.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.