Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fugitive 2 in development at Warner Bros.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Fugitive 2 in development at Warner Bros.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-15, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: The Fugitive 2 in development at Warner Bros.

And Hollywood wonders why I hardly goto the movies anymore. The original is a classic, as there is no reason for a sequel. The sad thing is there will be people who will actually go and see this sequel and I have no idea why?
Old 05-13-15, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
No, it's fairly good and holds up reasonably well. It's a fun action movie.

I just don't see what the point is to have a Fugitive 2. Kimble has already been exonerated, he's an old man now so he isn't exactly going to be accused of a murder he didn't commit again, and even if he were he's too old to be running around trying to escape again. So it would have to be a new Fugitive.

A reboot would make more sense, but then why callit Fugitive 2?? U.S. Marshals 2 would make more sense...
To be fair, there's nothing in the article that says its a direct sequel or even called The Fugitive 2 for that matter.
Old 05-13-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could see it working as another person goes on the run. The original movie were events that had happed 20+ years ago. Ford would appear on news reports talking to Kimble as a person that was on the run years ago. Lee would be brought in to advise the new Marshal chasing the new person on the run. Cameos at best.

So a loose sequel. Just another man hunt set in that universe.
Old 05-13-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
I could see it working as another person goes on the run. The original movie were events that had happed 20+ years ago. Ford would appear on news reports talking to Kimble as a person that was on the run years ago. Lee would be brought in to advise the new Marshal chasing the new person on the run. Cameos at best.

So a loose sequel. Just another man hunt set in that universe.
Hmmm. That could actually work. You could potentially take it even further and have Kimble working to prove the new Fugitive's innocence as he could empathize with him/her, so there'd be parallel stories going on. Or even have him work with Gerard to do the same--Kimble could reach out to him for help or something.
Old 05-13-15, 01:57 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
And Hollywood wonders why I hardly goto the movies anymore. The original is a classic, as there is no reason for a sequel. The sad thing is there will be people who will actually go and see this sequel and I have no idea why?
The "original" was a remake of a TV show. The success (critically, commercially, and in regards to awards) of the Harrison Ford Fugitive could be looked at as one of the foundational reasons we have so many remakes, re-boots, re-imaginings, and revivals.
Old 05-13-15, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
To be fair, there's nothing in the article that says its a direct sequel or even called The Fugitive 2 for that matter.

Further proof that most here don't even bother to read the original article in the 1st post and just react off the thread title (which was just a temp title anyways)
Old 05-13-15, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

You can't post a click bait topic and expect people to not react based on that. It's the internet.
Old 05-13-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

2 Fast 2 Fugitive
Old 05-13-15, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
Man being a movie exec must be tough these days, the eternal struggle of whether they should do a sequel or just remake it.
Sequel, prequel, remake, reboot, reimagining, retelling, anything but an original idea. I liked US Marshalls but it was just a retelling of the same theme. It's not a terribly complex theme either, guy wrongly accused sets out to prove his innocence. Geez, we've never seen that before
Old 05-13-15, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Sequel, prequel, remake, reboot, reimagining, retelling, anything but an original idea.
It's all about branding. It's more of a sure-thing for a studio to sink millions into a known product than something brand-new.
Old 05-13-15, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Further proof that most here don't even bother to read the original article in the 1st post and just react off the thread title (which was just a temp title anyways)
Guilty as charged.

Of course, I read the thing on my phone while on a 15 minute break at work without enough time to read the linked story, so I just assumed that if someone was using that title (Fugitive 2) as the thread title then that must be the film's working title. My bad.
Old 05-14-15, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

I have been watching the Original TV series with David Janssen. Good Show with an excellent musical score and pitch perfect narration by William Conrad.

Harrison Ford was also good.
Don't need another remake.
Old 07-03-21, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Bumping since there may be a remake in the works. Couple years back, Albert Hughes was set to direct. Now, albeit a site I've only barely heard of, is saying Cate Blanchett And Mahershala Ali are in talks (Blanchett as the US Marshall, Ali as the titular Fugitive).

Albert Hughes news: https://deadline.com/2019/11/the-fug...os-1202795410/
Ali/Blanchett news: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...ve-remake.html
Old 07-03-21, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Oh for fucks sakes.