DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Disney's Frozen 2 (11/22/19) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/625698-disneys-frozen-2-11-22-19-a.html)

dex14 03-12-15 01:01 PM

Disney's Frozen 2 (11/22/19)

Disney officially announced plans to produce a sequel to “Frozen.”

The company revealed plans during the Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders meeting on Thursday from San Francisco.

The first film’s director Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck are developing the project.

John Lasseter, chief creative officer at Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and DisneyToon Studios, made the announcement with Bob Iger.

The sequel doesn’t come as much of a surprise, considering how the first film continues to be a major moneymaking force for Disney’s divisions since its release Nov. 22, 2013.

“Frozen” generated nearly $1.3 billion at the box office and has become a merchandising juggernaut, breaking sales records on homevideo and at Disney’s stores.

The animated short, “Frozen Fever” will unspool in front of Disney’s live action adaptation of “Cinderella,” out in theaters this weekend.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/di...-2-1201451480/

RoboDad 03-12-15 01:14 PM

Re: Disney's Frozen 2

I wonder if they will work any of the Once Upon a Time story line into it.

Shannon Nutt 03-12-15 02:30 PM

I'm hoping Disney will call it "Refrozen".

RocShemp 03-12-15 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 12421286)

I hope it's directed by Olivier Megaton.

devilshalo 03-12-15 02:42 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_6pKGjUgAA-z7d.jpg

HN 03-12-15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 12421286)

Fro2en

RocShemp 03-12-15 03:08 PM

2 Frozen 2 Frigid

superdeluxe 03-12-15 03:10 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/mCOkXEHhok7Xq/giphy.gif

Deftones 03-12-15 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 12421302)

Next picture will be her lying on a big bag of cash, because the cast is in line to get paid.

Dr. DVD 03-12-15 06:24 PM

Just where can they go in the storyline that won't make it seem like a re-hash? The worst direction would be "Elsa has to find a man" . They need to take an Empire Strikes Back/Temple of Doom approach.

Alan Smithee 03-12-15 06:28 PM

Can't wait for Disney to not release this on 3D Blu-Ray like the first one.

OldBoy 03-12-15 06:49 PM

It's still out there if u want it.

Don't all Disney sequels generally suck and go straight to video?

Obi-Wanma 03-12-15 07:00 PM

The majority of the sequels you're thinking of were never intended as theatrical features. They're cranked out quickly on the cheap by 3rd tier animation teams to get product on the shelf that's almost pure profit. I don't think that's the intention with this one.

fujishig 03-12-15 07:55 PM

Yeah, this one is to quickly milk a phenomenon.

How many non Pixar theatrical sequels are there? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Rescuers Down Under, which seemed odd to me as a kid because there was such a gap between the movies. I guess Winnie the Pooh has had a few features, and Planes isn't technically Pixar.

RocShemp 03-12-15 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 12421576)
The majority of the sequels you're thinking of were never intended as theatrical features. They're cranked out quickly on the cheap by 3rd tier animation teams to get product on the shelf that's almost pure profit. I don't think that's the intention with this one.

This is true even of Toy Story 2 which was never intended to have a theatrical release.

Obi-Wanma 03-12-15 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12421623)
Yeah, this one is to quickly milk a phenomenon.

Of course it is, but it's not exactly the same as the "cheapquels" that we associate with Disney either.

How many non Pixar theatrical sequels are there? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Rescuers Down Under, which seemed odd to me as a kid because there was such a gap between the movies. I guess Winnie the Pooh has had a few features, and Planes isn't technically Pixar.
Peter Pan, the Jungle Book, and Fantasia had theatrical sequels. The first two were done by their direct to video teams though (as are the Planes features, which weren't originally intended to be theatrical releases either).

Obi-Wanma 03-12-15 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 12421630)
This is true even of Toy Story 2 which was never intended to have a theatrical release.

It wasn't, but originally, it wasn't going to be a Pixar feature either. Pixar came back and did it when they saw the mess that Disney was making.

RocShemp 03-12-15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 12421636)
It wasn't, but originally, it wasn't going to be a Pixar feature either. Pixar came back and did it when they saw the mess that Disney was making.

Didn't know that Pixar wasn't originally involved. I just recall that Disney used the fact that it was a sequel as an excuse for it not to count as one of the movies Pixar was contractually obligated to make for Disney.

superdeluxe 03-12-15 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 12421576)

Yup, they are bringing everyone back.

fumanstan 03-12-15 10:51 PM

Yeah, I don't think there's any reason to lump it in with their direct to video sequels. Along with Disney Animation's excellent feature track record of late and knowing that the property is something special, I don't think they're going to go cheap on it.

hanshotfirst1138 03-12-15 11:27 PM

Do Disney even do their own animation for the cheap DTV sequels? Don't they usually farm it out to overseas studios and stuff and just oversee the storyboarding and directing themselves?

Given the massive success of the first one-every third damn thing I ring up at work is related to this ice-worshipping franchise-a sequel was an inevitability.

DJariya 03-19-16 10:49 AM

http://movieweb.com/frozen-2-script-...-kristen-bell/

‘Frozen 2’ Script Finished, Production Begins Soon

Kristen Bell will start recording dialogue for ‘Frozen 2’ later this month, teasing that the story is really great.

Disney's Frozen was not only the studio's biggest animated hit, grossing over $1 billion worldwide, but it became a cultural phenomenon as well. The TV special The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic debuted in 2014, a year which also saw the lead characters Anna and Elsa transition into live action in the ABC series Once Upon a Time. Last year, the animated short Frozen Fever debuted attached to Cinderella, and later this year, a Frozen ride will debut at DisneyWorld. While Frozen continues to inundate the cultural landscape, fans are still waiting for the sequel, Frozen 2, which was confirmed last March. During an interview with Collider, star Kristen Bell, who voices Elsa, revealed that the sequel's script is written, and she'll start recording dialogue later this month. Here's what she had to say, when asked if she's started recording yet.

"Not yet. We're just about to. They've just written it and they're still doing tweaks, but I think we should be recording this month. The story is great, and they exude quality. What I know about that whole team is that they wouldn't just put something out to put it out. That's why it took them so long to even announce that we were doing a second one. Generally when you have a first successful movie you want to make a second one. It took them a while because they wanted to figure out what story they needed to tell and what would be important and engaging and I think they found it."

Director Chris Buck revealed in August that the sequel will continue to showcase Elsa as a much happier person, which we saw in the animated short Frozen Fever. The original Frozen followed Anna (Kristen Bell), who sets off on a journey to find her sister Elsa (Kristen Bell), whose frigid powers have brought an eternal winter to their homeland of Arendelle. Anna is joined on her journey by Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) and the snowman Olaf (Josh Gad). Disney hasn't issued a release date for the sequel yet, but we'll be sure to keep you posted with more Frozen 2 updates as we get closer to production starting. What do you want to see happen with Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf in Frozen 2?

TomOpus 03-19-16 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12755175)

They need to fix that last paragraph. Kristen Bell didn't play both sisters.

Deadman31 03-19-16 04:19 PM

What do you want to see happen with Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf in Frozen 2?

An orgy.

Mabuse 03-20-16 08:43 PM

Frozen 2: Back to the Frozen Well