Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Nikita (aka La Femme Nikita, 1990)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-25-14, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nikita (Anne Parillaud) is a teen who robs a pharmacy and murders a policeman. She is sentenced to life in prison, where her captors fake her death, and she is given the choice of becoming an assassin, or being killed. After training, she becomes a talented killer. Her career as an assassin goes well until a mission in an embassy goes awry.

I've gotten so many BDs cuz of BF. I haven't seen this thing in years. Like... probably 10 years at least. Growing up as a kid, it has always stayed w/ me cuz of how Besson does his imagery. It's very different from any director. The way how it's a bit off from the norm. Watching this and Leon, you can tell that this is the same guy doing it. I haven't seen much of his work really. But they always stay w/ me. He always got something different, whether good or bad, always stands apart from the rest.

While the movie is solid, some things come off funny to me. The music and styles mostly. The fucking clothes. The 80s stand as a style but is very defined for it. The 90s, no fucking clue. Maybe it's just coming out of the 80s and trying to get a style going but it always stands out like crazy to me. Was it just a clash of styles that didn't work out or what? Not all of it looks bad but so many 90s styles just don't work.

The ending always gets me. You almost expect something more from it but it ends as she doesn't have much to do but to go that route for herself. Started digging on some info for the film. Found it funny that Nikita starts off as 19 but her actress is 29/30 when she filmed it. She didn't look like a 19 year old.
Old 12-25-14, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: Nikita (aka La Femme Nikita, 1990)

At least you knocking down your unwatched pile

I like this movie and got me started on Besson but it always bothered me about the age thing since Anne Parillaud definitely did not look 19 in the movie.
Old 12-25-14, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Nikita (aka La Femme Nikita, 1990)

Her age is very apparent when starts to dance about after biting the instructor's ear. The way her face formed in that scene totally gave it away. Throughout the whole thing the age of the actress is very apparent to me but that scene just totally took me out of it cuz of her face doing doing those gestures.