Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-05, 05:26 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 589


From IESB.net:
Quote:
Our friends over at Universal Pictures were kind enough to arrange a quick interview with Joss Whedon and Morena Baccarin after their Serenity signing over at Wizard World this Sunday.

Joss was able to give us some insight on Serenity and of course we had to take the opportunity to ask him about Wonder Woman. Will we see the lasso? What is going on with the invisible jet? Who is the ideal Wonder Woman? Will it be an origin story? These questions and more are answered by Joss in this very funny interview.

You might be surprised in how Morena Baccarin reacts when we ask Joss who would be the ideal Wonder Woman.
http://www.iesb.net/video/josswhedonwwint.wmv
__________________
My favorite films of 2012 so far: Argo, The Avengers, The Cabin In The Woods, Cloud Atlas, The Dark Knight Rises, The Grey, Moonrise Kingdom, ParaNorman, Safety Not Guaranteed and The Raid: Redemption.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 03-21-05 at 05:32 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 11:19 AM   #127
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,922
Barry,

I think it's likely that Joss Whedon--being a top-notch writer and producer himself--will likely try to do a Wonder Woman movie that will be faithful to what George Peréz did when Peréz re-envisioned the character in 1986, a creation that has gotten a lot of plaudits from comics fandom. Whedon is well-aware of the fandom surrounding the character and wants to make sure it doesn't end up like the Elektra and Catwoman movies.

This is why I am hoping that Whedon closely work with Mr. Peréz on creating the script for the movie. If Adam Hughes' teaser poster is correct, then Whedon will probably use the WW costume design almost identical to how Peréz envisioned it--not the current costume design.

Finally, I have this feeling that Whedon--as I said earlier--will likely use an unknown actress about 5' 10" tall with a slightly muscular build for the role of Diana/WW. After all, if the producers of the TV series back in 1976 could use a then-unknown Lynda Carter (who had the right physical "presence" for the role almost perfectly), Whedon would go the same route also.
__________________
Raymond in Sacramento, CA

I reject your reality and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 11:21 AM   #128
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
According to Entertainment Weekly, Whedon said no star spangled panties..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 12:54 PM   #129
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChuang
Barry,

Whedon is well-aware of the fandom surrounding the character and wants to make sure it doesn't end up like the Elektra and Catwoman movies.
I think a lot of people have said they dont want to have another Electra and Catwoman, which is invitable, but I think those didnt do well because they were poorly done. If Whedon does some of his magic, we could have a hit on our hands.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 02:20 PM   #130
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 28,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Woodward
MTV News:
How is this news? I think we've all come to understand that Joel Silver and Warner Bros. have now hired Joss Whedon to write and direct the Wonder Woman feature. I come into this thread for information. Not some ranting from some outside source about what they want in the Wonder Woman movie. (We have enough input here about what we want to see. )


Can we please just stick to the facts, man. Just the facts.
__________________
Oh, don't be the victim. Don't make up excuses because you're a dumbass. - Lynda Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 02:24 PM   #131
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,114
It's news to barry. I also wouldn't put much faith in any of MTV's articles because...well.. they're MTV.

Though being there, I really do think the news sites are taking the statement totally out of context. At the same moment he was doing the description Nathan was between them and he was doing girly poses and showing off that he has the wonderwoman stuff so if anything, it was Joss continuing to joke. The entire panel was a pretty big laugh fest. In reality, very little was said about WW and he said he couldn't talk about it.
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 03-21-05 at 02:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 08:24 PM   #132
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 589
From Zap2it:
Quote:
Whedon Feeds 'Wonder Woman' Casting Rumors



Now that "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" creator Joss Whedon has been tapped to direct Warner Bros.' long-gestating "Wonder Woman" movie, speculation about casting has begun with a vengeance.

The scruffy writer-director caused a frenzy on Sunday, March 20 with a mere glance during his Wizard World Los Angeles Q&A to promote his upcoming sci-fi adventure "Serenity" when talk turned to the superhero project.

After listening to how Whedon signed on for "Wonder Woman," actress star Jewel Staite, who plays mechanic Kaylee Frye in "Serenity," raised her hand tentatively.

"Can I be in your 'Wonder Woman' movie?" asked the sandy-haired blonde, to which Whedon quipped, "I'll tell you, if Morgan Freeman says 'No,' you are second."

The audience laughed accordingly until he swiveled to look at Morena Baccarin -- a brunette "Serenity" cast member sitting to his left -- and added, "Where will I find a dark-haired, olive-skinned beauty?"

The hundreds of fans crammed into the Long Beach Convention Center's ballroom went wild.

Whedon strengthened the message that Baccarin was a contender to play the heroine, when afterwards he was seen discussing "Wonder Woman" with her at his side.

Whedon has been known to reuse stars from "Firefly" -- the FOX sci-fi series that launched the big-screen "Serenity" -- in "Buffy" and its spin-off "Angel." He's also known, however, to be a master of shiny objects, distracting fans with dazzling plot lines, snappy dialogue, colorful monsters or the occasional apocalypse.

Whether Whedon's apparent preference for Baccarin will bear fruit or is a merely a ploy to mislead fans remains to be seen, especially if the folks at Warner Bros. insist on a big-name star. Nevertheless, online followers have already debated the possible casting choice on message boards. Some support Baccarin, who is of Brazilian ancestry, while others claim she's too "elfin" to portray the kick-butt superhero.

Later in the Q&A, Whedon admitted to Zap2it.com that he wasn't a fan of the '70s "Wonder Woman" series starring Lynda Carter, although he wasn't "a non-fan, picketing the show." He just felt that the star-spangled incarnation "was not as strong as she's going to be [in his film]."

When asked if he'd consider casting Carter in a small cameo for the film, he merely joked, "Lynda and I haven't spoken for a while, so I'm not sure."

While the fans are left guessing, Whedon and Baccarin are busy building up hype for "Serenity," which will blast across movie screens beginning in September.

Baccarin, 25, recently celebrated the premiere of her ensemble indie film "Way Off Broadway," which is currently screening at the Laemmle Fairfax theater in Los Angeles.

Source
__________________
My favorite films of 2012 so far: Argo, The Avengers, The Cabin In The Woods, Cloud Atlas, The Dark Knight Rises, The Grey, Moonrise Kingdom, ParaNorman, Safety Not Guaranteed and The Raid: Redemption.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 03-21-05 at 08:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 08:54 PM   #133
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
__________________
Marshall Mann: "What exactly is your beef with humanity?"
Mary Shannon: "I have no beef with humanity. It's the people I can't stand."
"I'm not a fan of facts. Facts can change all the time, but my opinion will never change." - Stephen Colbert

| owned | desired | ditchin' | listen Wednesday 10p |
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 08:56 PM   #134
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Columbia, MD, USA
Posts: 11,108
Although the connection is obvious, I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more talk about Eliza Dushku instead of Morena Baccarin in the role since Whedon was confirmed. But it will probably end up being neither, so who cares?
__________________
I can't believe I ate the whole thing
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 09:09 PM   #135
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,114
Quote:
Later in the Q&A, Whedon admitted to Zap2it.com that he wasn't a fan of the '70s "Wonder Woman" series starring Lynda Carter, although he wasn't "a non-fan, picketing the show." He just felt that the star-spangled incarnation "was not as strong as she's going to be [in his film]."
I love the way these sites use the words to make it seem like they had a one on one interview with Joss for some reason.

This is a case like Jason Vs Freddy Vs Ash and exactly like the Tarantino rumor floating around the internet. It just takes one person to take something out of context or read into something to much and then spread it out.

You should take that news piece with a grain of salt.
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 10:25 PM   #136
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 19,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho
Although the connection is obvious, I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more talk about Eliza Dushku instead of Morena Baccarin in the role since Whedon was confirmed. But it will probably end up being neither, so who cares?
I love Eliza Dushku but I can't picture her as Wonder Woman. I don't think she will be the right choice for the role.

I think this movie will be served better to go with an unknown actress instead of going with someone who has a "name" appeal. The most important thing will be that whoever they choose for the role, looks the part of Wonder Woman.
__________________
Collection
PSN: Lopo555
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 12:02 AM   #137
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Just found another nice pic of my current choice for WW:

__________________
PatCave; Flickr; Dragon*Con 2012; Comic-Con 2012
According to DGibFen, I'm a "freaking genius."
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there." - Roger Sterling

Last edited by Patman; 03-22-05 at 12:10 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 12:24 AM   #138
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I think this movie will be served better to go with an unknown actress instead of going with someone who has a "name" appeal. The most important thing will be that whoever they choose for the role, looks the part of Wonder Woman.
That's why it's too bad Monica Bellucci isn't ten years younger--a younger Ms. Bellucci would have been perfect to play Diana/WW, especially considering how the DC Comics artists are drawing WW nowadays.

I would definitely go with an unknown--preferably a dark-haired woman about 28-32 years old with a slightly muscular physical build about 5' 9" to 5' 11" tall. Alas, I don't know of any famous actresses that fit this description nowadays.
__________________
Raymond in Sacramento, CA

I reject your reality and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 05:01 PM   #139
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I love the way these sites use the words to make it seem like they had a one on one interview with Joss for some reason.

This is a case like Jason Vs Freddy Vs Ash and exactly like the Tarantino rumor floating around the internet. It just takes one person to take something out of context or read into something to much and then spread it out.

You should take that news piece with a grain of salt.
Does it make you tingly to rag on every piece of information Barry Woodward posts?

Some of the criticisms are well taken, but it's crossed from cute to creepy and now into just plain obnoxious. I, for one, hope your comments only serve to spur him into posting even more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 05:09 PM   #140
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,114
Funny, I don't see anywhere in my quote there that I bash Barry. I'm bashing or defusing the news article. unless you are reading my text as "these" being Barry. In which case, you are reading it all wrong.

I'm providing some counter claim to the NEWS ARTICLE that barry posted because, as I said, it is taking a situation out of context and creating false rumors that will just blow up much like the tarantino situation.

So... would you rather just eat up every piece of rumor that shows up on the internet or would you rather have a balanced sort of news? As for the barry situation. He post a lot of articles. Some hit the mark perfectly and provide very useful information and some don't. That is what happens when you post every article that comes across your path. I don't see how I was bashing barry in this situation at all.
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 03-22-05 at 05:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 05:34 PM   #141
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Funny, I don't see anywhere in my quote there that I bash Barry. I'm bashing or defusing the news article. unless you are reading my text as "these" being Barry. In which case, you are reading it all wrong.
Nearly every time he's posted something, you respond either attacking the information ("it's news to Barry") or attacking the source of his information (ex. "Don't mind me, I just like links to *REAL* news sites statements on this" in response to his linking AICN). 6 of your 13 posts in this thread have been directed either at Barry or the unreliability of Barry's posts (with 5 of the others being single line/sentence posts). You can go count for yourself how many have been directed at him in the two Serenity threads. Following through three different threads now, one of which was locked due to your squabbling, it's started to seem to me like you've taken it as a mission to attack everything he says.

Quote:
I'm providing some counter claim to the NEWS ARTICLE that barry posted because, as I said, it is taking a situation out of context and creating false rumors that will just blow up much like the tarantino situation.

So... would you rather just eat up every piece of rumor that shows up on the internet or would you rather have a balanced sort of news? As for the barry situation. He post a lot of articles. Some hit the mark perfectly and provide very useful information and some don't. That is what happens when you post every article that comes across your path. I don't see how I was bashing barry in this situation at all.
I think most of us can hopefully realize, on our own and without your help, to take sites like AICN with a grain of salt. If you kept posting information from sites like AICN, and I kept jumping in to point out "aw, that's just AICN... here's the REAL news", and continued that behavior over a period of months and several threads, it would look like I was trying to harass you. Especially if we had a history of squabbling, as you do with Barry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 06:12 PM   #142
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,114
Quote:
one of which was locked due to your squabbling
Yes, because I'm the only one to be blamed for that. Notice how when push came to shove and admin/mod action came down I stopped. It wasn't my doing that the thread was closed. Was the fight between me and him? Yes. There is a long history. Then again, you and I have had some run ins. But should I jump to a conclusion that you are harassing me? Then again, does it make you tingle when you rag on every post of mine?

You and I may know AICN and these other sites are known for rumor spreaders, but not everyone who reads the boards does and in many cases, they believe these lies. Look at how the examples went off like wildfires. So just because it's a given to you, doesn't mean it shouldn't be said to do any sort of rumor control.

Besides, this is the sort of off topic crap that lead to the events of the serenity thread being closed. I'm sure I can agree with Barry when I say that it would be better left out of the thread. Want to ask me if I get off on doing stuff. You can always aim me.
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 03-22-05 at 06:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 06:54 PM   #143
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 28,840
Do I really need to wade thru 5 - 6 long winded articles from internet sources that basically say, "...at Wizard World, Joss said nothing."? Rumormilling is fine, but I don't need it to be rehashed in 4 other internet articles.

It's like the boy who cried wolf. After a while, I won't want to come in here for fear that "there's nothing new said by joe schmo internet website" yet, I'd probably miss out on something tangible when there is new news.
__________________
Oh, don't be the victim. Don't make up excuses because you're a dumbass. - Lynda Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 06:55 PM   #144
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Yes, because I'm the only one to be blamed for that. Notice how when push came to shove and admin/mod action came down I stopped. It wasn't my doing that the thread was closed. Was the fight between me and him? Yes. There is a long history. Then again, you and I have had some run ins. But should I jump to a conclusion that you are harassing me? Then again, does it make you tingle when you rag on every post of mine?
We have? I may have disagreed with you in the past, but I don't remember any serious "run ins." And I honestly can't remember a situation where I was following you from thread to thread trying to dissect everything you post, but it's completely possible that I'm forgetting it.

Even if it's a good idea to point out the unreliability of AICN and Dark Horizons, isn't that something that has diminishing returns at some point? Don't you think repeatedly doing it in the same thread might be more detrimental than informative?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 07:24 PM   #145
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,114
Quote:
where I was following you from thread to thread trying to dissect everything you post
Ok, so now I'm not allowed to go to any thread that I find the topic to be interesting? It may look like I'm following Barry around. But the case is anything but. I had some info regarding this topic. Should I not go in because Barry and me have had run ins? What kind of logic is this? Perhaps you should stop reading between lines that aren't even there.

If you saw an accident and were asked to be a witness, then the person at fault said that the other driver had shifty eyes and was really at fault you would want to come out and defend the other side right? Same situation here. Being someone who was at the panel I'm trying to stomp the rumor of Morena being dead locked based on the events of the panel.

Besides, I'm all over the place on the board. It's very common that my post will be in a lot of Barry's threads because there is a lot of Barry threads. Three "Joss Whedon's ______" threads floating around and since I'm interested in those franchises I'm posting in them. Does that mean I'm e-stalking him? No. Dalvin on the other hand, I'll admit to keeping an open eye to whatever he post.

Devil has the right idea. The article was point out already that Joss made this sort of comment. The rehashing and reinforcing it with a few other articles that say the same thing does sort of put that impression that their is some truth to it. So what is the problem with me trying to set the record straight as someone else who was there?
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 07:39 PM   #146
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Ok, so now I'm not allowed to go to any thread that I find the topic to be interesting?...
Do you like to selectively read sentences?

What I said (and what you quoted) was:
Quote:
I honestly can't remember a situation where I was following you from thread to thread trying to dissect everything you post
You responded as if I said:
Quote:
I honestly can't remember a situation where I was following you from thread to thread
It's not only what you're saying in this thread and others (which in isolated incidents wouldn't even pop up on my radar)... it's also your tone and the fact that your comments are usually directed at the same person.

You and devil keep ragging on the guy, telling him what to post and what not to post. I for one enjoy reading what he posts, as it saves me the trouble of searching the internet. If he really bothers you, I really wish you'd both learn to put him on Ignore instead of trying to dissuade him from posting. You don't speak for everybody.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 07:45 PM   #147
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,114
Now you're dragging Devil into this? He's made two comments so far. If that's all it takes to get on your radar then you crossed from "cute to creepy and now into just plain obnoxious".

I love how folks stamp that "put him on ignore" option. How about you put me on your ignore list? Folks like to pass the buck on to others. I like some of the articles posted. But I'm not going to agree with everything and I will express my opinion when I disagree. I've stated that I do enjoy the updates when they are backed by a good source. It's just those few that are pure rumormill out of left field post that I disagree with and will express it. Besides that, I've suggested to Barry that he add his own opinion to his post because I want to read it. Does that sound like something that would be productive if I put him on ignore? You also make the mistake you claim I'm doing. Which is you believe you yourself are speaking for everyone. It's an opinion. As shocking as it may sound, people differ when it comes to them.

As for the dissecting. I'm dissecting only those articles that I disagree with and posting why. You really are nitpicking about this.

P.S. You must also suffer from selective reading since you've missed this
Quote:
Besides, this is the sort of off topic crap that lead to the events of the serenity thread being closed. I'm sure I can agree with Barry when I say that it would be better left out of the thread. Want to ask me if I get off on doing stuff. You can always aim me.
__________________
OTHER FORUM TEAM 7 leaderI will not say them here nor there. I will not say them anywhere. I will not say those Words you twit. I will not, will not sayI quit!
Leaving a dark wet stain where your brain used to be? weird..tv?
The bank is worth the risk

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 03-22-05 at 07:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 08:10 PM   #148
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CaptainMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Now you're dragging Devil into this? He's made two comments so far. If that's all it takes to get on your radar then you crossed from "cute to creepy and now into just plain obnoxious".
Look about two posts up to where you said "Devil has the right idea." That's what "dragged" Devil into this. You mentioned him. Thanks for the cute misuse of my own words, though.

Quote:
I love how folks stamp that "put him on ignore" option. How about you put me on your ignore list? You also make the mistake you claim I'm doing. Which is you believe you yourself are speaking for everyone.
I'm not concerned about the effect your "helpful" insights have on me. I'm concerned about whether your comments will drive Barry off, which will have an effect on me.

If putting you on ignore would solve my gripe, I would happily do it. My gripe is that you're going out of your way to correct and make snippy remarks at Barry. I'm afraid that's going to eventually discourage him from posting useful information. If I put you on ignore, and you keep on, I end up losing the content I enjoy (ie. Barry's posts).

If you put Barry on ignore, how is your problem not solved? You don't like what he posts? Don't read it.

Quote:
Is there folks who like some of the things Barry says? Yes, even though I bash some of the articles, the ones that are reliable are actually ones that I enjoy. But does that mean I need to agree with everything anyone says? No. It's an opinion. As shocking as it may sound, people differ when it comes to them.
Thanks for more "helpful" insight. I wasn't aware that people could come to different opinions.

The fact that I'm having to tell somebody, who back when post counts were king spammed the forum with years of one line replies in a race to have the highest post count, that another poster shouldn't be hushed for posting articles is amazing to me. It's not my problem to deal with though, and I shouldn't have posted anything. I'll just do what I should have done and use the "report this post" feature from now on, rather than derail this thread any further.

Barry, I enjoy your posts. I hope you disregard the naysayers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-05, 10:12 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 589
The Buzz Index @ Yahoo!
Quote:
What a Wonder-ful World

Going to the movies can be a chore. Ticket prices are rising. Parking is a pain. And don't get us started on the "pre-show entertainment." Fortunately, the prospect of seeing a well done (and well hyped) flick helps make up for the sticky floors. Judging from the sudden spike in searches, many movie buffs have high hopes for Wonder Woman. Interest in the Amazon Princess jumped 64% once news broke that Joss Whedon of Buffy fame had been signed to direct the project. Naturally, searches on Whedon surged as well, up 123%.

Now that the director is in place and fans are beginning to salivate, rumors are swirling as to which Hollywood starlet will swing the golden lasso. Whedon implied Morena Baccarin may have the inside track, but will filmgoers go for an unknown? After all, bringing to life the most ogled superhero of all time is a responsibility on par with saving the world.

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I'm providing some counter claim to the NEWS ARTICLE that barry posted because, as I said, it is taking a situation out of context and creating false rumors that will just blow up much like the tarantino situation.
With Joss, it's often hard to tell whether or not he's telling the truth because he wraps most of his comments in jokes. I've read reports of the panel from people I trust that thought there might have been something there even though he was joking around. Of course no one's been picked yet but it's entirely possible that his hints in the panel and in interviews afterward are meant to get Baccarin's name out there in the fan community to gauge their reactions. Either way, she's getting some good press.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Barry, I enjoy your posts.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
I hope you disregard the naysayers.
I will.
__________________
My favorite films of 2012 so far: Argo, The Avengers, The Cabin In The Woods, Cloud Atlas, The Dark Knight Rises, The Grey, Moonrise Kingdom, ParaNorman, Safety Not Guaranteed and The Raid: Redemption.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 03-22-05 at 10:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 08:19 AM   #150
Mod Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Gone to the islands - 'til we meet again.
Posts: 19,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
...
If you put Barry on ignore, how is your problem not solved? You don't like what he posts? Don't read it.
...
Jack, this really might be a good idea. It would have kept the previous thread, and probably this one, from spiraling out of control. If you don't like what Barry posts, then just don't read it.
__________________
Breathe In,
Breathe Out,
Move On.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0