Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Re: Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins,) S: Gadot, Pine

They better shoot quick cause she's preggers.

So excited to share this wonder with you... #mommyforthesecondtime ✨������✨

A photo posted by Gal Gadot (@gal_gadot) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2016-11-06T19:06:35+00:00">Nov 6, 2016 at 11:06am PST</time>

Old 11-06-16, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dunno. Women who have to normally be fit... sometimes tend to not show so much till some good time later. It wouldn't be out of the realm for her to not show much of anything for 2 or 3 months. They'll be fine.

Shit. I've a friend who isn't athletic at all but found out she was 4 months pregnant about 2 months ago. You couldn't even guess that she was.
Old 11-06-16, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In other news, Gal Gadot would like Halle Berry to be Wonder Woman's first on-screen female love interest:

“I saw her the other day, Halle Berry. She’s so beautiful. Wow! She’s gorgeous! So… yeah, I could do it with her.”
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x50y05i_gal-gadot-wants-halle-berry-as-a-love-interest-in-wonder-woman-2_fun#tab_embed
Bleeding Cool

Last edited by The Valeyard; 11-06-16 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Depends what they need to shoot and what angles they need. They could get around her pregnancy regardless of her stage. ScarJo was very pregnant during the filming of Age of Ultron.
Old 11-06-16, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
So you don't understand how trying to hew to some verisimilitude in the real world aspects helps sell the fantasy aspects better?
Zombies indeed.
Sorry, the sarcasm wasn't evident. I actually agree -- my "rule" is one concession.

In the Walking Dead threads it has become a bit of a running joke whenever we bitch about something unbelievable (such as a van falling off an overpass and landing on its wheels or a character being hit by a speeding car and being fine the next week), somebody retorts with "but, but, but ... Zombies!"

Just because the basic premise of a show/movie is fantastical does not mean every ounce of realism can be ignored for convenience.
Old 11-07-16, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
In other news, Gal Gadot would like Halle Berry to be Wonder Woman's first on-screen female love interest:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5..._fun#tab_embed

Bleeding Cool
Over 75 years, WW is NOT Bi-Sexual and one editor/writer make her that way, now the movies have to follow suit.

I guarenty that if they make her BI, WW will lose a ton of Boxoffice $$$...mothers WILL NOT want to take their daughter to a WW movie.

***To make it even worse...Halley Berry.
Old 11-07-16, 12:42 AM
Banned

Dang. Someone's taking it personal.

-----------

Seems like it'd be a pointless thing to add on to whatever else the film property needs to be worth a damn. But the mere mention of Berry and I know nothing worth a damn can come from it.
Old 11-07-16, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Over 75 years, WW is NOT Bi-Sexual and one editor/writer make her that way, now the movies have to follow suit.

I guarenty that if they make her BI, WW will lose a ton of Boxoffice $$$...mothers WILL NOT want to take their daughter to a WW movie.

What's wrong with Halley Berry? You racist or something? Serious question.

Old 11-07-16, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant

Diana was raised on an island populated by only women. It's highly likely that she (along with others of said population) had same-sex relations at some point.
Old 11-07-16, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Diana was raised on an island populated by only women. It's highly likely that she (along with others of said population) had same-sex relations at some point.
I would say that any and all societies would experience some level of homosexuality or bi-sexuality. Heck, all kinds of sexuality. But I think the argument here is that Amazons (generally) are homosexual. Or at least bi-sexual. But, from a Greek mythological perspective, Zeus created the Amazons and I doubt he'd be inclined to make a society of women that he'd be precluded from consorting with. Also, in mythology, the Amazons would visit a nearby tribe called Gargareans, have sex like wild, then go home to have children. I don't know, maybe Zeus mixed up the sauce when making Amazons and they came out lesbians. Or maybe they "turned into" lesbians over time? Both options seem ridiculous to me. Better to assume that Amazons, like every other society have homosexuals among their population. From there, the question is "is Wonder Woman one of them?" Comics history and continuity suggest she isn't. But heck, this is fiction. If it's a good story...right? From there, the question is "is this a good story?" The jury is still out on that one.
Old 11-07-16, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Yeah, I have friends who went to all female colleges. Even the straight girls have awesome stories.
Old 11-07-16, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Yeah, I have friends who went to all female colleges. Even the straight girls have awesome stories.

I bet they do.
Old 11-07-16, 08:48 AM
Banned

We have University of North Texas and Texas Woman's University. Dude. A shit of ton of women experience the pussy there. It's rather awesome to hear the stories.
Old 11-07-16, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 11-07-16, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I don't get the whole "backlash" over her partaking of bush. 75 years later - the character has to change it up a bit. Signs of the times.
Old 11-07-16, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Fury Road may be the most overrated movie of this decade. It makes Road Warrior look like Citizen Kane.

The trailer resembles a bog-standard Hollywood action vehicle which just so happens to feature the most famous female superhero of all time. That sells, so I am not doubting WB's choices with Wonder Woman.

My gut tells me many people that haven't liked DC's movies of late will enjoy it. This is one case in which the retro time setting will help a great deal.

I wonder if there will be any DC fan service in it beyond WW herself. There are a number of DC characters that could pop up in that time frame.
I was FINALLY starting to like you .
Old 11-07-16, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Sorry, the sarcasm wasn't evident. I actually agree -- my "rule" is one concession.

In the Walking Dead threads it has become a bit of a running joke whenever we bitch about something unbelievable (such as a van falling off an overpass and landing on its wheels or a character being hit by a speeding car and being fine the next week), somebody retorts with "but, but, but ... Zombies!"

Just because the basic premise of a show/movie is fantastical does not mean every ounce of realism can be ignored for convenience.
Ah.

It seems like I've gotten pushback in the past on what I think are fairly basic, no brainer concepts, so I guess I was bracing for that here.

Thanks for taking time to explain the reference.

Every place I've seen report this explicitly quotes the term "on screen" which to me suggest there will definitely be an implication of Diana being or having been involved in a physical/love relationship with one of her 'sisters' on the island in this film. I'm still betting it's the chick who looks to take the bullet in the trailer. Cliched, but I don't see why they (the studio that gave us MoS and BvS) would avoid an opportunity to hammer that point (VENGENCE!) yet again.
Old 11-07-16, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Ah.

It seems like I've gotten pushback in the past on what I think are fairly basic, no brainer concepts, so I guess I was bracing for that here.

Thanks for taking time to explain the reference.
I'm with you. It bugs the living shit out of me when a show wants be "grounded in reality" and then completely ignores reality out of convenience for the story (often due to bad writing).

Be careful though ... It is a fine line between that and a full-on Taffer Vortex.
Old 11-07-16, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

And in contrast, when the complaint is bending human biology for the sake of a cooler scene, I think the "show about zombies" is a fair defense.
Old 11-08-16, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, nerdiness to the extreme here, but why would any of them need to? Humans have sexuality as an evolutionary reproductive need. The Amazons were all made by the gods, right? They really wouldn't need to have any kind of sexuality because it wouldn't serve any purpose. It is kind of odd how every creature in fiction not only looks human, but has the same biological needs.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 11-08-16 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-08-16, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

It's not all biological with humans though. Zeus liked to sleep around for fun. Why wouldn't he pass that off to his offspring?
Old 11-08-16, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm with you. It bugs the living shit out of me when a show wants be "grounded in reality" and then completely ignores reality out of convenience for the story (often due to bad writing).

Be careful though ... It is a fine line between that and a full-on Taffer Vortex.
I don't ask that the rules of a world be realistic, but I do think it's reasonable to expect them to be consistent with one another.
Old 11-08-16, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's not all biological with humans though. Zeus liked to sleep around for fun. Why wouldn't he pass that off to his offspring?
Because gay stuff is icky?

Unless it's two hot chicks performing for the male gaze.
Old 11-08-16, 06:15 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
What's wrong with Halley Berry? You racist or something? Serious question.

Uhhh, Catwoman. She shouldn't be near anything comic related.
Old 11-08-16, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
OK, nerdiness to the extreme here, but why would any of them need to? Humans have sexuality as an evolutionary reproductive need. The Amazons were all made by the gods, right? They really wouldn't need to have any kind of sexuality because it wouldn't serve any purpose. It is kind of odd how every creature in fiction not only looks human, but has the same biological needs.
Ehhhh. The Amazons liked to fuck like anyone else. In mythology, especially .

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.