Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-15, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Man, fuck Whedon for shooting AOU in 2.40:1.

Originally Posted by Lara Means
How does this new IMAX camera differ to the new one Michael Bay used on the last Transformers movie?

This is great news because 15/70 film purists can finally shut the fuck up. IMAX digital is the future and Infinity War will require you to lube your anus before watching the movie. Having just watched Avengers in the new IMAX laser projector, my anus is ready.
Both shoot in 4K, but the 3D camera uses two Phantom 65 engines whereas the 2D camera will be based off existing Arri Alexa 65 technology, which is supposed to capture the "digital equivalent" of 65mm film.

I am assuming the native aspect ratio of the 2D camera, like the 3D camera, will be 1.78:1.

Last edited by Matthew Chmiel; 05-07-15 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-07-15, 10:44 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

gonna be in my 40s and nearly 20 years on these boards when this shit finally hits
Old 05-07-15, 10:56 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Old 05-07-15, 02:49 PM

Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely will follow Captain America as they head to Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2”!

The duo behind the screenplays for Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” and “Captain America: Civil War” will once again team with directors Joe and Anthony Russo for the two-part climax to Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” will hit theaters May 4, 2018, with the second part following on May 3, 2019.

“Chris and Steve have been an integral part of the Marvel family since the early days of Phase 1, and their work speaks for itself,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “We couldn’t be more excited to have them with us to help guide the Avengers through their biggest story yet.”

In addition to writing all three films in Marvel’s Captain America franchise, Markus & McFeely also created “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” which premiered earlier this year on ABC, and co-wrote Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World.” Beyond their work for Marvel, Markus and McFeely also wrote “Pain & Gain,” “You Kill Me,” and “The Life and Death of Peter Sellers.”

Markus & McFeely are represented by UTA and attorney David Colden.
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24589/...#ixzz3ZU4VvUtF
Old 05-07-15, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Man, fuck Whedon for shooting AOU in 2.40:1.

Both shoot in 4K, but the 3D camera uses two Phantom 65 engines whereas the 2D camera will be based off existing Arri Alexa 65 technology, which is supposed to capture the "digital equivalent" of 65mm film.

I am assuming the native aspect ratio of the 2D camera, like the 3D camera, will be 1.78:1.
Eh. I prefered his ratio w/ AoU than Avengers 1. I don't mind more screen. Just use it well. Del Toro for example can use more screen very well.
Old 05-07-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Glad that Marvel is keeping things in house and using the guys who wrote both CA movies and Agent Carter. I'm sure they presented some kind of outline of what they wanted to do in these 2 films.
Old 05-07-15, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Glad that Marvel is keeping things in house and using the guys who wrote both CA movies and Agent Carter. I'm sure they presented some kind of outline of what they wanted to do in these 2 films.
They also made an attempt to salvage Thor: The Dark World.

To be fair, Markus & McFeely only wrote the first episode of Agent Carter. Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters were the showrunners for the first (and possibly only) season.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Eh. I prefered his ratio w/ AoU than Avengers 1. I don't mind more screen. Just use it well. Del Toro for example can use more screen very well.
We now have a franchise that will consist of three films in flat aspect ratios and the odd one out in scope.
Old 05-07-15, 03:52 PM
Banned

Eh. Editing seems to be an issue w/ Thor 2, possibly.
Old 05-08-15, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They also made an attempt to salvage Thor: The Dark World.
They did rewrites?
Old 05-08-15, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
They did rewrites?
I'm still surprised it even had a script.
Old 05-08-15, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,885 Posts

They did rewrites?
I'm still surprised it even had a script.
The movie plays like it had four or five scripts (at least two of them not even a Thor scripts) that they pulled random pages out of and shot, and then tried to edit them into a coherent film.
Old 05-08-15, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It feels like they mishmashed LOTR, GOT, Norse mythology, Marvel Universe mythology, then got a TV director to give it a surface sheen and cut the pieces together. Of all of the Marvel films, that one feels the most perfunctory, some of the narrative tangents are totally random and there feels like almost no guiding hand behind the movie. Basically, if they of the Marvel name on it, Thor's name on it, and some fantasy stuff, then people will come to see it. Then we add in Kat Dennings, Stellan Skarsgard, and Natalie Portman because they were in the last movie. I've seen less coherent movies, but not many come to mind.
Old 05-09-15, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

So are they going to kill off Cap in Civil War, or in Infinity War 1?

Chris Evans is supposed to be in both IW movies, but it could be just flashbacks.

Either way, I'm sure they'll use an Infinity stone to resurrect him, unlike the convoluted way they did in the comics.
Old 05-09-15, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
I'd rather they use it to resurrect Quicksilver.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 05-09-15 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-09-15, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'd rather they use it to resurrect Quicksilver.
I know this is technically a sequel thread, but it's a bit early for open Age of Ultron spoilers I think.
Old 05-09-15, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slop101
So are they going to kill off Cap in Civil War, or in Infinity War 1?

Chris Evans is supposed to be in both IW movies, but it could be just flashbacks.

Either way, I'm sure they'll use an Infinity stone to resurrect him, unlike the convoluted way they did in the comics.
Does it matter when? W/ Stan's contract as it is, we know there is big chance of Buck taking the shield.
Old 05-09-15, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It feels like they mishmashed LOTR, GOT, Norse mythology, Marvel Universe mythology, then got a TV director to give it a surface sheen and cut the pieces together. Of all of the Marvel films, that one feels the most perfunctory, some of the narrative tangents are totally random and there feels like almost no guiding hand behind the movie. Basically, if they of the Marvel name on it, Thor's name on it, and some fantasy stuff, then people will come to see it. Then we add in Kat Dennings, Stellan Skarsgard, and Natalie Portman because they were in the last movie. I've seen less coherent movies, but not many come to mind.
Its a terrible film, but its better than The Incredible Hulk (the worst MCU film) as you still have a Hiddleston performance.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Does it matter when? W/ Stan's contract as it is, we know there is big chance of Buck taking the shield.
From Evans' comments during the press rounds of AOU, if Marvel comes knocking, he'll consider more films. We've already seen Disney throw money at RDJ for additional films outside of his contract.

If Marvel cuts him the right check, I'm sure he'll do more. It allows him to do his independent fare while having gigs that still pay him.
Old 06-25-15, 01:30 PM

The film is the first in a two-part sequel in which Thanos plays a major role, along with the Magus. Adam Warlock’s bad side, the Magus, separates from his body and assembles the Infinity Gauntlet. Magus creates doppelgangers of Earth’s heroes as part of his plan to recreate a universe of evil.
http://www.acting-auditions.org/2015...new-roles.html
Old 06-25-15, 01:39 PM
Banned

That'll be interesting. But glad to see that Adam Warlock will be here, was fun to see the cocoon in GotG. it's funny, I even still to this day don't really care for the Magus. I hated his look back in the day. I think his look changed in the 2008 GotG series. I don't remember him having that goofy one piece pool outfit or whatever.
Old 06-25-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know much about Magus, I remember having a comic card of him and that he just looked like Adam Warlock colored purple.
Old 06-25-15, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't know much about Magus, I remember having a comic card of him and that he just looked like Adam Warlock colored purple.
That's pretty much what he was.
Old 06-25-15, 02:54 PM
Banned

Same here. I've never been impressed by him honestly but... hey.. maybe the movie will make him a better character?
Old 06-25-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

The Magus? Wow. So they took more than just the title from the original Infinity War mini-series.
Old 06-25-15, 03:01 PM
Banned

Seriously... Magus had a horrible look.

Old 12-07-15, 09:57 AM
Banned

via comicbookmovie. com

Integrating THE DEFENDERS Into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Would Be "Complicated"

Ever since Marvel expanded into television and Netflix, fans have been clamoring to see some of these new small-screen heroes, specifically The Defenders, show up in Marvel Studios' two-part magnum opus, Avengers: Infinity War.

So, what's the verdict? Is there a possibility we get to see some of Marvel's popular and well-received Netflix Defenders show up to assist The Avengers in Infinity War?

Well, "it's complicated."

Speaking with SUPER Interessante at CCXP, co-director Anthony Russo fielded a question regarding whether any of The Defenders could realistically appear in Avengers: Infinity War. Instead of going into the likelihood of it actually happening, Russo chooses to touch on how difficult it would be to actually make it happen. "The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others." Breaking down what this means, outside of seemingly affirming rumors of a small divide between Marvel Studios & Marvel Television, is that even though all of Marvel's content takes place in the same universe, the creative decisions behind the films, the TV shows, and the Netflix series are made independently of one another.

So, essentially, it's up to Feige and the film division to decide on whether or not they want to feature a small-screen character in one of their big-budget films and then it's up to the television division to decide on whether they want to adjust their production schedule and allow that to happen. We may have seen film characters cross over into television before, but crossing television characters into films is considerably more complicated.

Read Anthony Russo's full answer below:

SUPER: The Marvel Cinematic Universe that we see in theaters today is much bigger than the one we first saw with The Avengers. There are many more heroes and there are new pieces being added with the ABC TV series and the Netflix series. How do you organize it? Is there a chance we see Jessica Jones battling Thanos (the villain) in Infinity War?

Anthony Russo: It's complicated. When we start to serialize the telling of stories it's difficult. You have to have a lot of control and focus on the course of history. The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others. Then there is the possibility of a crossover, but it's more complicated. It is a smaller scale version of the problem that exists when remembering that Fox holds the rights to some of Marvel's most popular characters, as does Sony and others. As storytellers, we only have control over what happens in Marvel movies, but everything is possible, Spider-Man (whose rights were held by Sony) became possible!
Never say never, but based on Russo's comments, it really doesn't sound like integrating Marvel's small-screen heroes into Avengers: Infinity War is particularly high on Kevin Feige's to-do list. Does this mean it won't happen? Absolutely not. They did after all manage to bring Spider-Man into the mix, which at this time last year, seemed like an impossible mission that only Ethan Hunt could conquer. However, when you consider that Spider-Man is and always will be an extremely popular film character with a rich and well-known history, it's easier to throw him into the mix story-wise versus adding a variety of pieces from television that by 2018 will all have their own on-going story arcs and extensive history that the general audience may or (more likely than not) may not be aware of.

Also, judging by Russo's comment, it could be inferred that The Defenders (and to a much lesser extent, the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.) would only be added to Infinity War and/or to any Phase 3 film if they somehow benefitted the story, which currently seems like a long shot at best. When you look at Infinity War and the vast amount of heroes that film will already be juggling, it's hard to imagine how any of Marvel's television characters could impact the story in a meaningful way and not just be glorified cameos.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.