Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Avengers: Infinity War (4/27/18) D: The Russo Bros.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The Avengers: Infinity War - Parts 1 & 2 - (5/4/18 & 5/3/19)

Hell no.
Old 12-13-14, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
I just thought of something. Does Whedon own the Buffy the Vampire Slayer rights? If so, they should bring Buffy into the MCU. Marvel has the Blade rights back. They could do a Buffy/Blade crossover.
No thanks.
Old 12-13-14, 09:51 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I just thought of something. Does Whedon own the Buffy the Vampire Slayer rights? If so, they should bring Buffy into the MCU. Marvel has the Blade rights back. They could do a Buffy/Blade crossover.
Old 12-13-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Fuck. No.
Old 12-13-14, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

No. Buffy is owned by Fox. And Marvel and Fox can't play nice, so that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

And for that I am grateful.
Old 12-14-14, 05:44 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No.

Based on the material... Buffy wouldn't survive a day with Blade. Her weak fighting skills would get her killed.
Old 12-14-14, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
No.

Based on the material... Buffy wouldn't survive a day with Blade. Her weak fighting skills would get her killed.
Why would Blade and Buffy even fight each other? I meant team-up, not them fighting. They team-up to fight vampires.

Since when has Buffy had weak fighting skills? The whole Slayer thing basically gives her superpowers.

Plus, it's not like Buffy hasn't been killed twice before and come back from the dead. So she fits right in with every other comic character who has been through the "revolving door of comic book death." The Buffy series basically is a comic book turned into a TV show (although there never was a Buffy comic previously).

Not that I actually want Buffy in the MCU anyway. I don't want non-Marvel characters in a Marvel movie. It was just a joke, kinda like back when Vin Diesel was first announced to be in the MCU and everyone was wanting Riddick to be in the MCU. I was very outspoken about that because I hate the idea of non-Marvel characters in a Marvel movie. Everyone else seemed to loved the idea of Riddick in the MCU though, but they all hate my idea of Buffy in the MCU. Go figure.
Old 12-14-14, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No doubt their TV roots mean that they work fast, but while I liked their work on CATWS, they wouldn't be my first choice, especially given the even bigger scale. But hey, that's why I don't work at Disney .
Old 12-14-14, 09:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
No doubt their TV roots mean that they work fast, but while I liked their work on CATWS, they wouldn't be my first choice, especially given the even bigger scale. But hey, that's why I don't work at Disney .
You mean that's why you don't work at Marvel. The movies are all produced by Marvel. Disney is Marvel's parent company, but that doesn't mean much as far as the movies go. Disney has little to do with the production of the movies.
Old 12-14-14, 09:20 AM
Banned

Why would Blade and Buffy even fight each other? I meant team-up, not them fighting. They team-up to fight vampires.

Since when has Buffy had weak fighting skills? The whole Slayer thing basically gives her superpowers.

Plus, it's not like Buffy hasn't been killed twice before and come back from the dead. So she fits right in with every other comic character who has been through the "revolving door of comic book death." The Buffy series basically is a comic book turned into a TV show (although there never was a Buffy comic previously).

Not that I actually want Buffy in the MCU anyway. I don't want non-Marvel characters in a Marvel movie. It was just a joke, kinda like back when Vin Diesel was first announced to be in the MCU and everyone was wanting Riddick to be in the MCU. I was very outspoken about that because I hate the idea of non-Marvel characters in a Marvel movie. Everyone else seemed to loved the idea of Riddick in the MCU though, but they all hate my idea of Buffy in the MCU. Go figure.
You must not remember the action in a Blade film. I don't think Buffy could afford that kind of action anyway but...her fighting skills weren't all that great...but it was TV and Whedon soooo yeah. Plus... Buffy is boring visually compared to Black as fuck asskicking vampire.

Riddick's world though could fit into a Marvel medium from what I see. Talking about him... I really liked Riddick, really really cool B genre flick. Glad I got the collection for cheap.
Old 12-14-14, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
You must not remember the action in a Blade film. I don't think Buffy could afford that kind of action anyway but...her fighting skills weren't all that great...but it was TV and Whedon soooo yeah. Plus... Buffy is boring visually compared to Black as fuck asskicking vampire.

Riddick's world though could fit into a Marvel medium from what I see. Talking about him... I really liked Riddick, really really cool B genre flick. Glad I got the collection for cheap.
You're comparing the action and visuals of TV to a movie. That is apples and oranges. It's never going to compare.

Buffy isn't weak at all. She does martial arts and crap. The whole Slayer thing gives her super strength, endurance, speed, etc.

Just saying it looks weak on TV compared to the movies is a bad argument. TV never looks as good as the movies.
Old 12-14-14, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

If it's true that the Russo Bros. are directing, that's great news.
Old 12-14-14, 10:10 AM
Banned

For sure, those guys know make some damn fine action.
Old 03-23-15, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks like it's semi-official - The Russos are directing.

After months of rumors, The Hollywood Reporter is citing unnamed sources Monday that say that Joe and Anthony Russo have officially signed on to direct Avengers: Infinity War parts one and two. The duo, who made their Marvel debut with Captain America: The Winter Soldier and about to begin shooting Captain America: Civil War, have become a hot commodity in Hollywood, signing an exclusive first-look deal with Sony Entertainment in February.

The brothers will direct both parts of the studio's Avengers: Infinity War, taking over the billion-dollar franchise from Joss Whedon, who directed the first two Avengers films. (The second one, Avengers: Age of Ultron, opens May 1.) They'll film Infinity War in one long shoot beginning sometime in 2016, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

No writers are attached, but the brothers will likely reunite with Winter Soldier’s Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. They collaborated on Civil War, which the Russos will begin shooting next month.
More at the link.

Hollywood Reporter
Old 03-23-15, 06:02 PM
Banned

Good that we're almost official on it. They're much better directors than Whedon. Though I do kind of hope Whedon hangs around to help out w/ the script and produce.
Old 03-23-15, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I'm a little surprised they're taking Whedon off these films to be honest. I'm not a particularly big fan of him or anything but I think he managed to exceed expectations with The Avengers and I think he's going to top himself with Age of Ultron. I would think he'll be kept on as a producer or something at the least. I think the Russos did really good with The Winter Soldier though so I imagine they're more than capable of delivering great Avengers films too.
Old 03-23-15, 06:30 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

They aren't taking him off. He's openly said he doesn't want to do them.
Old 03-23-15, 06:31 PM
Banned

I think he did fine for what was a fucking hard job to do. He had no choice but to keep it simple in the script, I guess. But AoU seems like we're seeing him actually tell a story and flex his directing muscles too. So that's good.
Old 03-23-15, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
They aren't taking him off. He's openly said he doesn't want to do them.
Ah I must have missed that. I know I read where he said that Age of Ultron has been his biggest challenge as a director but I didn't realize he didn't want to continue doing the sequels.

I don't think that The Avengers was perfect but in all honesty and it isn't even close to my favorite film in the MCU, but it was better than I ever expected it was going to be. I mean truthfully the film really could have wound up as a gigantic clusterfuck but it actually wound up working pretty well.
Old 03-23-15, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Whedon saying he doesn't want to do them is like Edgar Wright saying he split with Marvel amicably.
Old 03-23-15, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Whedon saying he doesn't want to do them is like Edgar Wright saying he split with Marvel amicably.
What makes you think that?
Old 03-23-15, 09:19 PM
Banned

No. Whedon has stated that he doesn't want to direct another film. It takes a lot of time to develop these things and then to film it etc. He's mentioned how he loves doing this but it does take a lot of time from him doing other things. If he doesn't want to direct it, it's cuz he doesn't want to. He's like best friends with Feige from before Whedon got to go to Marvel Studios. I'm pretty sure there's no bad blood between Feige and Whedon.
Old 03-23-15, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm sure Whedon will still be involved in some writing though. A lot less heavy lifting and time on the sets. Though if he had enough money thrown at him, I think he may direct again at some point. Directing films is an 18 hour-a-day+ job. An exhausting dream job is still an exhausting job. And with productions this size, he's probably committing six months or more of his life for one movie. Plus all of the rewrites he's overseeing, dealing with the producers, the giant corporate machine, etc.
Old 03-23-15, 10:29 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

My guess is he still stays on as a consulting producer and "godfather" of the universe.
Old 03-23-15, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
He has publicly said he wants to move on to other things. I don't doubt his sincerity.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.