Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dario Argento's The Sandman / S: Iggy Pop - crowdfunding

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 08:45 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ksJTyQM3kLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.indiegogo.com/project/dario-argento-s-the-sandman-starring-iggy-pop--2/embedded" width="222px" height="445px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Our film tells the story of Nathan, a young (and dashingly handsome, natch) student in the city who struggles to forget his childhood trauma at the hands of the serial killer dubbed "The Sandman": a masked killer who murders his victims with a lethally jagged melon spoon (yes, you read that right!), and claims their eyes as trophies (hey, everybody needs a hobby!). Nathan killed The Sandman years ago, on Christmas Eve, after he witnessed the murder of his mother (and you think YOU'VE got childhood hangups!)...until he sees the beautiful (again, natch) woman who lives in the apartment across the way dying at the hands of that same masked killer (don't you hate when that happens?). This brutal murder plunges Nathan into an odyssey into the night country of his past, his dreams...and the buried secrets of... you guessed it!... The Sandman, who's on the hunt for plenty more Eye Candy!
Old 10-09-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Dario Argento's The Sandman / S: Iggy Pop - crowdfunding

It has been almost 20 years since The Stendhal Syndrome which IMO was his last good film. He is now 74 and I would like to see him do at least something good before he is done. I am a fan, but lately he has just been putting out one piece of shit after the next.
Old 10-10-14, 08:34 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts
Re: Dario Argento's The Sandman / S: Iggy Pop - crowdfunding

Originally Posted by inri222
It has been almost 20 years since The Stendhal Syndrome which IMO was his last good film. He is now 74 and I would like to see him do at least something good before he is done. I am a fan, but lately he has just been putting out one piece of shit after the next.
I agree. I haven't seen DRACULA 3D yet, and I probably won't. The reviews on that are abysmal. But... I did threw in $25 bucks for this. I was tempted by the $100 signed Suspiria poster though.