Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Annual Movie Pass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annual Movie Pass?

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. I was wondering if annual passes exist for movie theaters? I distinctly remember a friend of mine from the past, who had a pass, that was like a credit card(I think he called it the "Gold Pass", or something to that effect), that would allow himself and a guest inside any Regal Cinema Theater. Is this indeed true, that annual movie passes do exist? If so, I'm assuming they aren't sold to the general public, but are there any avenues or channels I might try to try and buy one(if they do exist)?
Old 05-25-11, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Annual Movie Pass?

This is the sort of thing that depends entirely on the movie theater chain, and we have no idea where you live or what theaters are near you. You'd be much better off checking the website for your local theater chain, or call the theater near you and ask.
Old 05-25-11, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard they do that in Great Britain.
Old 05-25-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't heard of anything like that but it's a good idea. If they did a $200 for 20 movies a year it would be pretty cool and it would save me about $4 a movie.
Old 05-25-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

AMC was doing this for a while, but I don't know if they still are. They had Silver Passes and Gold Passes. The Silver passes were only good for movies that had been out for a couple of weeks, and the Gold passes were good for anything, even on release day. They did charge extra for 3D and Imax. The passes were exempt from the "No Passes" rule you sometimes see advertised on new release movies. They were only good for the person named on the card so you couldn't loan your pass to a friend or charge their ticket on your pass.
Old 05-25-11, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
This is the sort of thing that depends entirely on the movie theater chain, and we have no idea where you live or what theaters are near you. You'd be much better off checking the website for your local theater chain, or call the theater near you and ask.
I reside in the Orange County, California area. I would be most interested in acquiring an annual pass from Regal/ Edwards Cinemas.
Old 05-25-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.corporateboxoffice.com/?_...__utmk=6067507
Old 05-25-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Quatermass
AMC was doing this for a while, but I don't know if they still are. They had Silver Passes and Gold Passes. The Silver passes were only good for movies that had been out for a couple of weeks, and the Gold passes were good for anything, even on release day. They did charge extra for 3D and Imax. The passes were exempt from the "No Passes" rule you sometimes see advertised on new release movies. They were only good for the person named on the card so you couldn't loan your pass to a friend or charge their ticket on your pass.
An ex had a dad who built malls and AMC gave him a gold pass. We made good use of that one summer. Maybe they've changed things, but they never gave us a problem using it.
Old 05-26-11, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

What are we looking for there?
Old 05-26-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ Those are the options they offer. Take 'em or leave 'em.
Old 05-27-11, 10:20 AM

I know that Regal has these sort of things available for VIP vendors and other folks.. It isn't something they will sell, rather something they just give out as a perk. Personally, I don't have one for myself but have been to a movie when it was used...

It would be great that you could save if you bought tickets in "bulk"...
Old 05-27-11, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

If I went to movies more, I'd consider paying like $200 for a pass that I could use all year without restriction to see movies.
Old 05-27-11, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
If I went to movies more, I'd consider paying like $200 for a pass that I could use all year without restriction to see movies.
That would be a great deal that I would take advantage of as well.. You would have to see at least 20 movies to break even...something I would EASILY do..
Old 05-27-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by COACH2369
I know that Regal has these sort of things available for VIP vendors and other folks.. It isn't something they will sell, rather something they just give out as a perk. Personally, I don't have one for myself but have been to a movie when it was used...

It would be great that you could save if you bought tickets in "bulk"...
You can go to Costco and get those super saver tickets for 7.50 good for everything and it saved you about 30% off the price
Old 05-27-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be a great deal that I would take advantage of as well.. You would have to see at least 20 movies to break even...something I would EASILY do..
Yup..and since most of the $$$$$ would be made from concessions, we would be slam dunk customers..we go to about (or well we did, before we just had our kid) 50 movies a year. and if we had a free pass, I think we would go to even more movies lol.
Old 05-27-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Yeah, I'd say it would be hard for me to justify right now, but as soon as my son gets a bit older, I'm sure we'll be going to movies quite a bit.
Old 05-29-11, 12:56 AM

I get $5 movie tickets from Bargain Movie tickets
Hollywood movie money worth up to $12

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...%3D621&h=2e76d
Old 05-29-11, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

the big chain theater up here in B.C has movie passes that they sell in bulk(or something) to local venders. My Mom has a friend who gets tickets 3 or 4 times a year for 8 bucks a pop, which is down 5 bucks from 12.95. So I usually buy at least 10, which lasts me 4-5 months. They wouldn't last me near as long, but when I go to a movie at the big chain theaters I usually see a minimum of 2 movies, sometimes 3. So I tend to get my money's worth.
Old 05-30-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

I remember a few local theaters having these when I was a kid, but they don't anymore...they weren't as good as they sound - some movies the passes weren't good for at ANY time during their run (usually stuff like Star Wars, or another big summer movie). And the passes were NEVER good the first two weeks of a new release.

Just better these days to ask your loved ones for a gift card for the holidays, get enough of them, and it pays for most of your movies for the year (assuming you only go every few weeks, of course!).
Old 10-06-14, 01:22 AM

yes. AMC has a card like that. It allows card holders to watch any movie every 2 hours any day of the week for free. Unlimited movies all year. Senior managers in the theatre can give them to their friends and family. You just present the card with your ID and you plus your friends can get in. pretty sick. just this year as of October 5th I have watched 95 movies.
Old 10-06-14, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by holla4adollla
yes. AMC has a card like that. It allows card holders to watch any movie every 2 hours any day of the week for free. Unlimited movies all year. Senior managers in the theatre can give them to their friends and family. You just present the card with your ID and you plus your friends can get in. pretty sick. just this year as of October 5th I have watched 95 movies.
Ooo ooo ooo I want one
Old 10-06-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

So, unless you know a senior manager this doesn't apply to us.
Old 10-07-14, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
So, unless you know a senior manager this doesn't apply to us.
um yes. the question didn't say whom it may apply.
Old 10-07-14, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

The question was also from 3 years ago.
Old 10-07-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

um yes. the question didn't say whom it may apply.
So you bumped a 3-year old thread just to brag. Cool beans.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.