Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Blade 4 - Rumors, news, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Blade 4 - Rumors, news, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-15, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Blade 4 - Rumors, news, etc.

While I agree that Snipes is getting a bit old to play Blade very long term I think he could probably play the character at least a couple more times in a starring role. Maybe after that move the focus to his daughter and have him around but not as heavily involved in action sequences and whatnot.
Old 09-23-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I have my doubts about this. Thor wrapped filming in May 2010 and Whedon wasn't hired by Marvel until mid April of that year. I supposed there could have been some reshoots, or the prologue was the last thing shot, but Captain America was the first film Whedon seemed to have any big influence on.
Well, Whedon did direct the post-credits stinger, but yeah. That's mostly a tertiary reason, to be honest, I think the major reason that they did it was because they wanted to have an easy backdoor into the cosmic stuff like GOG, which would make sense.
Old 09-23-15, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I have my doubts about this. Thor wrapped filming in May 2010 and Whedon wasn't hired by Marvel until mid April of that year. I supposed there could have been some reshoots, or the prologue was the last thing shot, but Captain America was the first film Whedon seemed to have any big influence on.
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Well, Whedon did direct the post-credits stinger, but yeah. That's mostly a tertiary reason, to be honest, I think the major reason that they did it was because they wanted to have an easy backdoor into the cosmic stuff like GOG, which would make sense.
They've explained (probably thanks to Whedon's avowed atheism) that the "gods" were actually aliens, but the powers they depict and the various creatures (Ice Giants, Elves) and concepts (Bifrost, rainbow bridge) all correlate with the corresponding Norse mythology (loosely). Yeah, it's not technically mythical, but it has its basis in actual mythology (and in the case of Alan Taylor, looks like sub-Peter Jackson). I'd hardly call anything showing Thor all that grounded in reality. The whole thing is a fantasy world full of flying people in long underwear. I don find vampires and werewolves that far-fetched.

via Wikipedia:

Also in April, Marvel announced that Hayley Atwell had been cast as Peggy Carter, and that the film's name had been changed from The First Avenger: Captain America to Captain America: The First Avenger. The next day it was reported that Joss Whedon would be rewriting the script as part of his negotiation to write and direct The Avengers. Whedon said in August, "I just got to make some character connections. The structure of the thing was really tight and I loved it, but there were a couple of opportunities to find his voice a little bit —and some of the other characters' — and make the connections so that you understood exactly why he wanted to be who he wanted to be. And progressing through the script to flesh it out a little bit".

adding on....

I highly doubt Whedon's atheism had anything to do with whatever. Let us remember that he made it a point for Cap to point out that while Widow claimed them to be like gods... they weren't his god. Characters beliefs are an important thing to what is established. It adds variety, culture, and history.
Old 09-25-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
As far as Snipes being Blade goes - he's still in tip-top shape (black don't crack), so I wouldn't mind but you'd have to have David Goyer not be involved in any way. It's his fault that Blade 3 sucked ass.
How many properties does Goyer have to ruin before they stop giving him chances? Superman, Blade, Constantine (tv show), Ghost Rider.
Old 09-25-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

I thought his Ghost Rider was far above the MSJ one.
Old 09-25-15, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I thought his Ghost Rider was far above the MSJ one.
I havent seen GR2 but was it better than the first cuz of Goyer or the directing?
Old 09-25-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
GR2 wasn't any good either way.
Old 09-25-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Both, because you had a fan boy in MSJ writing and directing the first film. I thought GR:SOV would have been a solid building point that changed the campiness of the first film into a serious look at Ghost Rider. Now, I don't know how much changed from Goyer to Gimple, so I can't say how much of Goyer's story survived. Watch it and I think you can appreciate what it tries to do.
Old 09-25-15, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen both Ghost Rider movies, but I don't remember a single thing about either one. My long term memory is just really bad or something. Unless it's something I enjoy and actually try to remember, then I tend to forget about it completely.

The best thing about that is if I wait long enough between viewings of a movie, then it becomes almost like watching a brand new movie for the first time again. (That happened with the Fantastic Four movies too. I knew I had seen the first two, but I didn't remember anything about them. I rewatched them again right before this year's reboot. It was basically like watching them for the first time again. Then after rewatching them, I remembered why I hated them the first time... they were just boring as heck. I will forget all about them again in a few years though, so it's all good.)
Old 09-25-15, 12:45 PM
Banned

That sounds like horrible memory in some cases.
Old 09-25-15, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
That sounds like horrible memory in some cases.
Yeah, I don't know what it is exactly. Some things I can remember in great detail, and other things I don't remember at all.

For example, the Rocky movie franchise is my favorite franchise of all time. I can remember those movies in great detail even though its been over a year since I have seen any of them. Yet there are other movies I watched just this year that I have already forgotten.

My favorite video game is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on the Super Nintendo. I haven't played that game in probably close to 10 years, but yet I can remember everything about it. I remember where all the hidden secrets and such are. Yet some movies I watched 10 years ago like Fantastic Four I have forgotten every single thing about them.

I guess it's selective memory or something if there is any such thing? I remember things I like but forget things I don't like? It could also just be repetition too. I have watched all the Rocky movies many many times (even Rocky V). I have played that Zelda game many many times. Maybe all that repetition just ingrained it into my brain. Movies like Fantastic Four I only watch once, so they're not ingrained into my brain. Other people don't seem to have trouble remembering movies they only watch once though, so I don't know.
Old 09-25-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

GR 2 makes GR 1 a better movie.....but not by much. Had they removed the forced humor GR 2 would have been a better story. Not to mention they really F'd up the mythology of Ghost Rider's origin.
Old 09-25-15, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Yeah, I don't know what it is exactly. Some things I can remember in great detail, and other things I don't remember at all.

For example, the Rocky movie franchise is my favorite franchise of all time. I can remember those movies in great detail even though its been over a year since I have seen any of them. Yet there are other movies I watched just this year that I have already forgotten.

My favorite video game is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on the Super Nintendo. I haven't played that game in probably close to 10 years, but yet I can remember everything about it. I remember where all the hidden secrets and such are. Yet some movies I watched 10 years ago like Fantastic Four I have forgotten every single thing about them.

I guess it's selective memory or something if there is any such thing? I remember things I like but forget things I don't like? It could also just be repetition too. I have watched all the Rocky movies many many times (even Rocky V). I have played that Zelda game many many times. Maybe all that repetition just ingrained it into my brain. Movies like Fantastic Four I only watch once, so they're not ingrained into my brain. Other people don't seem to have trouble remembering movies they only watch once though, so I don't know.
maybe... is it just isolated to movies or actual important life things?
Old 09-25-15, 01:38 PM
Banned

maybe... is it just isolated to movies or actual important life things?
It's like that with everything. It always amazes me how people can say they remember things in detail from their childhood. I don't have detailed memories. I have bits and pieces of childhood memories, but nothing in any great detail. I know I went to Disney World once as a child, but I really don't remember anything about it.

Now I have opened myself up for people to joke about repressing childhood rape or being a clone missing some programmed memories. It's not just long term memories though. If you ask me what I ate for dinner last Friday, I honestly wouldn't remember.
Old 09-25-15, 01:43 PM
Banned

Some of what you say sounds normal but then it doesn't. The volume of how much you don't remember may be an issue. The act of not remembering some things that you've mentioned isn't all that weird. Just the volume of it may be an actual life problem.

Shit. May be an actual health issue in diet, to some extent, but the quantity of it is scary.
Old 09-25-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GR2 wasn't any good either way.
This
Old 10-11-16, 01:25 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

BURBANK – Entertainment news writers are more than guilty of taking certain jumps when a sliver of potential news is revealed by talent. One quote taken out of context can convince millions of franchise fans that their most beloved hero is being resurrected and/or their favorite actor will be playing him. It was no surprise than that a slew of reports from NYCC over the weekend jumped on the notion that Marvel Studios was working on a new “Blade.” Stop speculating: Kevin Feige says nothing ’imminent’ on ’Blade’ movie (or TV series or something). It was even trending on Facebook at one point or another.

The stories began when “Underworld: Blood Wars” star and potential Golden Globe nominee for “Love & Friendship” actress Kate Beckinsale was asked during a fan Q&A session if there was ever a chance of an “Underworld”/“Blade” crossover. Beckinsale innocently replied, “No. We had that idea. No… They’re busy. They’re doing something with ‘Blade.’”

That remark was spun by many to insinuate Marvel must be working on something with the Blade character now (not last year, not four years ago, but right now!). The vampire superhero was played by Wesley Snipes in three films produced by New Line Cinema: “Blade” (1998), “Blade II” (2002) and “Blade: Trinity” (2004). In 2012, the rights reverted to Marvel and even Snipes has had fun with fans and the media over the years teasing he might return to his iconic role.

Speaking after a sneak peek of Scott Derrickson’s “Doctor Strange” Monday evening, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige dashed any immediate hopes of a Blade return during a short interview with media in attendance. When asked about Beckinsale’s remark, Feige responded, “that’s both true.”

“They did ask a long time ago and I think our answer was, ‘No, we’ll do something with ‘Blade’ at some point.’ That’s still the answer,” Feige says. “We still think he’s a great character. He’s a really fun character. We think this movie going into a different side of the universe would have the potential to have him pop up, but between the movies, the Netflix shows, the ABC shows there are so many opportunities for the character to pop up as you’re now seeing with Ghost Rider on ‘AGENTS of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ that rather than team up with another studio on that character let’s do something on our own. What that is? Where that will be? We’ll see. There is nothing imminent to my knowledge.”

Now, if you want to insinuate that Feige is suggesting Blade might show up on “S.H.I.E.L.D.”…please, don’t.
http://theplaylist.net/stop-speculat...lade-20161011/
Old 10-11-16, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Whenever this is done and if Snipes is involved... count me in.
Old 10-11-16, 03:17 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I hope they do something in the future to erase the memories of the bloody, splattering diarrhea of the last two movies.
Old 10-11-16, 03:28 PM
Banned

Whoa, now. 2 was cool.

Never saw 3 but it looked bad.
Old 10-11-16, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
I hope they do something in the future to erase the memories of the bloody, splattering diarrhea of the last two movies.
Those were bad, they give the Matrix sequels a run for their money.

Whoa, now. 2 was cool.
Here come the Guillermo del Toro apologists. Why So Blu? will be here any minute.
Old 10-11-16, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked Blade 2 quite a bit, and i'm not even a big fan of Del Toro
Old 10-11-16, 03:44 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

The first was the best, but I enjoyed all three.
Old 10-11-16, 04:15 PM
Banned

The first one had a grit to it that was lost. I like 2 but I liked how gritty the first one was. 2 was cool but I could have done w/o so much fantastical in its design.

From what I've seen of 3... it looks pretty mediocre aside from Reynolds being....uh.. Reynolds.
Old 10-11-16, 04:25 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

if you liked Blade 2 and wanted a sequel to that, minus Blade, watch The Strain. Same damned creatures basically.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.