Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Blade 4 - Rumors, news, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Blade 4 - Rumors, news, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Blade 4 - Rumors, news, etc.

I can see Snipes being in a new Blade movie, but not as Blade.
Old 07-12-15, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
I can see Snipes being in a new Blade movie, but not as Blade.
I could see that. Maybe a cameo like Lou Ferrigno as the security guard in Incredible Hulk or maybe as a secondary character like John Wesley Shipp as Barry's father in the Flash CW TV series. There's absolutely no way Snipes is going to get the main role as Blade again though.
Old 07-13-15, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Snipes had a good run but now its time to let someone else take the reigns.
Old 07-13-15, 09:01 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

sorry to hijack thread slightly, but can anyone find information about Blade II being once called Blade II: Bloodhunt?

i have a ticket stub with that name printed on it and i can't find anything on IMDb or anywhere to give me that information and i am just curious if it ever was called that in pre-production or something like that...
Old 07-13-15, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually google that and IMDB does say something about Blade II: Bloodhunt. Google, man.
Old 07-13-15, 09:13 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

And if I recall, I think somewhere in the making-of on the blu, it said that somewhere on a scene clapper with that title.
Old 07-13-15, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Actually google that and IMDB does say something about Blade II: Bloodhunt. Google, man.

Yeah, he says he checked IMDB, but he evidently didn't check hard enough. It says right there on IMDB under Details that Bloodhunt was a working title. Bloodlust was also apparently a working title.
Old 07-13-15, 09:35 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

ok thanks. sorry, really didn't see it.
Old 07-13-15, 09:36 AM
Banned

It says on the first hit for Google when you google "Blade II: Bloodhunt" too. Right on the little blurb of info that it shows.
Old 07-13-15, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

OldBoy doesn't know how to Google. Everyone should know that by now.
Old 07-13-15, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
OldBoy doesn't know how to Google. Everyone should know that by now.
I don't think he knows how to use the Ctrl+F function either since he says he couldn't find it on IMDB. That's how I found it, and it took me less than 5 seconds. Go to IMDB. Type Blade 2 in the search box. Hit Ctrl+F and type in Bloodhunt. BINGO IT'S MAGIC!!
Old 07-13-15, 09:52 AM
Banned

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MzlK0OGpIRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-25-15, 05:25 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Bleeding Cool has previously reported that the newly to-be-relaunched Blade comic featuring the daughter of Blade, has been delayed.

I understand from well-connected sources that this is due to careful concern from up above the food chain, that the character and the comic are suddenly considered extremely important by the bean counters, and the multi-media folk.

Because the plan is that this new Blade will be the one that features in the next Blade movie.

The first successful movie based on a Marvel comic book, Wesley Snipes’ Blade was an unexpected hit, spawned two sequels and resurrected and remade the vampire hunting daywalker character within the Marvel Universe.

There has been much talk of new Blade films, given the more recent success of many more Marvel movies, and that the rights had returned to Marvel. And Wesley Snipes has been in talk about returning to the character with Marvel.

Could it be as a more fatherly figure?
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/...-female-blade/
Old 08-25-15, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Michael. Jai. White.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B_ZyolZgQjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4pCN_JEKiJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-25-15, 05:45 PM
Banned

That man deserves to be better known. He can kick ass better than Snipes and can act pretty good too. That voice though. Amazing.
Old 08-25-15, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

That man deserves to be better known. He can kick ass better than Snipes and can act pretty good too. That voice though. Amazing.
Spawn was horrible, though.
Old 08-25-15, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Michael Jai White would make an awesome Blade. Only trouble is that he's regarded as a B movie/straight to video actor and Marvel probably wouldn't support him being cast.
Old 08-25-15, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Spawn was horrible, though.
That's not his fault though.
Old 08-25-15, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

That's not his fault though.
He had something to do with it, because he's in it. I don't think he's been in any other hollywood mainstream flicks as the lead since. Damn, that was almost 20 years ago.
Old 08-25-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ And an unproven writer/director that got the gig cuz he was an ILM VFX wizard, isn't the problem. I'd say that accounts for most of that movie being shitty.
Old 08-25-15, 11:14 PM
Banned

Shitty movie or not.. I think White has little to do with how shitty that film was. White was doing fine. He can't make gold out of crap though.
Old 08-26-15, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michael Jai White is good at everything, except acting.
Old 09-22-15, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

September 22, 2015 1:33pm PT by Graeme McMillan
Wesley Snipes Teases 'Blade' Revival at Marvel: "Conversations Have Been Good"

Wesley Snipes is teasing that Blade could be the latest addition to Marvel's Cinematic Universe, saying that he's "still in shape enough and fit enough to handle the role."

"There's always a possibility, you know," Snipes told The Huffington Post when asked about a possible return of his vampiric vampire hunter. "It's in Marvel's hands. They're controlling the pace and the flow with that. Conversations have been good. They see the value in it. We see the value in it."

After affirming that he's still fit enough to portray the character he played in a trilogy of movies from 1998 through 2004, Snipes added, "We'll see how it goes. I don't really know what's going to happen to it yet." Asked about the possibility of adding the character to Marvel's Avengers, Snipes said, "That would be interesting. I mean, I know it's in the comic book. It would be interesting to see where they would place him and where he really would fit in. He's got to bite somebody. I don't know who he's going to bite."

Following some time as a supporting character in the recent Mighty Avengers series, Blade is set for a high-profile comic book relaunch this fall as part of Marvel's All-New, All-Different Marvel publishing relaunch, although it won't be the traditional Blade at the center of the new series; instead, the new comic book will center around Blade's previously unknown teenage daughter — a new status quo that is already rumored to be under development at Marvel Studios.

Marvel did not respond to a request for comment.
Old 09-22-15, 05:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

I think he's the one actor who should be a part of this universe without rebooting it. I think he still has some miles left to do it. Now bring in Del Toro to help usher him into the Marvel universe.
Old 09-22-15, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I think he's the one actor who should be a part of this universe without rebooting it. I think he still has some miles left to do it. Now bring in Del Toro to help usher him into the Marvel universe.
That would be hilarious if Marvel did get Del Toro since he was supposed to do the Justice League Dark for DC. That project was canned and now Marvel can grab him up for their own "dark" part of the universe with Blade, Ghost Rider, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.