Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Future DC Studios projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Future DC Studios projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-15, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Blue Beetle and Booster Gold (WB/Greg Berlanti)

Booster Gold was hands-down my favorite comic book when Dan Jurgens was working on it.
Old 09-18-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
re: Future DC Studios projects discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are developing a feature film centering on the popular DC Comics duo of Booster Gold and the Blue Beetle, according to The Tracking Board -- and helming the project as director and executive producer is one of the studio's television juggernauts: Greg Berlanti of "Arrow," "The Flash" and "Supergirl" fame.

The fan-favorite heroes, affectionately known as Blue and Gold, tend to skew toward more comedic adventures, with their fun friendship and bromance the driving force behind their chemistry and appeal. Despite earlier rumors of the cinematic DC Universe's "no-humor" policy, the report claims the upcoming film will, in fact, retain this comedic take, calling the pitch "a superhero buddy cop movie."

Booster Gold, created by Dan Jurgens, is a time-traveler from the future who journeyed to our present to gain fame and fortune as a superhero. He first appeared in 1986 and saw increased prominence in the DCU following the best-selling "Death of Superman" storyline in the '90s, gaining even more popularity through his appearances in "Justice League" (where his friendship with Blue Beetle Ted Kord began) and the "Booster Gold" series that ran from 2007-2011.

Although the famous Blue and Gold team-up follows Booster and the Ted Kord version of Blue Beetle, the reports indicates that the movie will feature Jaime Reyes version of the character. Created by Keith Giffen, John Rogers and Cully Hamner, Reyes became the bearer of the Blue Beetle legacy during DC's "Infinite Crisis" and later starred in his own series. Unlike Kord, who utilizes his intellect and technology to fight crime, Reyes actually possesses a suit of armor and extraordinary powers that both stem from an artifact known as The Scarab.

A writer, director and producer, Berlanti not only works on "Arrow," "Flash" and the upcoming "Supergirl" on CBS, but previously produced a pilot script for a potential Booster Gold television series targeted for SyFy alongside fellow DC TV vet Andrew Kreisberg. Outside of his DC projects, he is producing Archie's live-action "Riverdale" series for The CW, written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. The movie would mark Berlanti's return to features following 2010's "Life As We Know It."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ue-beetle-film
Old 09-18-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

So everyone is just referencing the same source.
Old 09-18-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I posted in the Upcoming DC thread. It appears my post was merged with this.
Old 09-18-15, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They need to make a movie about The Question. In this day and age that would be awesome.
Old 09-18-15, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Question is such a great character. I only knew of him in bits and pieces from the comics than Timm's cartoons showed him off so well. I LOVE the character now.

Saying that... I what are definitively top Question stories? I've never actively pursued his stuff. Just when it comes by my way do I go for it. I regret never reading his end and then 52 w/ Montoya.
Old 09-18-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Reddit has a board here dedicated to The Question. Lot's of great suggestions on there.

I still think WB would be better to take the lesser known characters and make a Sin City style movie centering around different stories/characters converging into one storyline.
Old 09-18-15, 04:12 PM
Banned

In a perfect world, that'd be Gotham Central. That was a fucking great comic. For much smaller characters that is.
Old 09-23-15, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAJOR NERD ALERT

Below is fanart for a live-action Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Old 09-23-15, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Uh, the only nerd is you, taffer.
Old 09-24-15, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........
Old 09-24-15, 12:16 AM
Banned

Old 09-24-15, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like it
Old 09-24-15, 03:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stingermck
I like it
Thanks. Everywhere else I see it posted, people say its great and lament the fact that WB will never do anything that awesome. If any other poster had posted it here, people here would be reacting similarly. It's only because I was the one who posted it that people here are reacting this way since they like to give me crap.
Old 09-24-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Alternate title: Crisis on Infinite Supermans and Batmans, Plus, Like a Flash or Two and a Crappy Green Lantern.
Old 09-24-15, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I like it.
Old 09-24-15, 03:19 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

uh, is Helen Slater missing from that fan-art?
Old 09-24-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Thanks. Everywhere else I see it posted, people say its great and lament the fact that WB will never do anything that awesome. If any other poster had posted it here, people here would be reacting similarly. It's only because I was the one who posted it that people here are reacting this way since they like to give me crap.
I don't think that's really the case. Maybe if taffer did it... oh wait!
Old 09-24-15, 04:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HN
uh, is Helen Slater missing from that fan-art?
The artist who made it posted it on reddit, and he has talked about it a little bit. He said he didn't have enough room to put every live-action universe on there so some of them had to be condensed. Helen Slater's Supergirl is part of Christopher Reeve's Superman universe. Stephen Amell's Green Arrow is also missing since Grant Gustin's Flash is already there. Matt Ryan is going to be in the next season of Arrow so he is officially part of the Arrowverse now, and that is why he is also not in the picture.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't think that's really the case. Maybe if taffer did it... oh wait!
I never have denied I am taffer. I never have admitted it either, but everyone knows anyway. So I guess I will finally admit it. Yes, I am taffer.

The funny thing is that this is my original account created way back in 2002. Taffer was created in 2006. I have switched back and forth numerous times throughout the years. Nobody ever noticed until I decided to make taffer go psycho.

Yes, that whole psycho thing with taffer was all an act. I wasn't really all that angry. Why would I be that angry at people I barely know? I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet. Many people play a different persona on the internet, just like how many people here like to pretend they're rich and have a 10" penis and have sex with hot women. We're all really a bunch of a nerds talking about an obsolete movie format, DVD, so we're obviously not getting laid with hot women.

Plus, the true psychopaths don't last 13 years on DVDTalk without getting banned. Although now I may get banned for saying I have multiple accounts... Oh well, I will just create a third account and as long as I avoid the comic related vortexes you guys won't figure it out for another 13 years.
Old 09-24-15, 04:39 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The artist who made it posted it on reddit, and he has talked about it a little bit. He said he didn't have enough room to put every live-action universe on there so some of them had to be condensed. Helen Slater's Supergirl is part of Christopher Reeve's Superman universe. Stephen Amell's Green Arrow is also missing since Grant Gustin's Flash is already there. Matt Ryan is going to be in the next season of Arrow so he is officially part of the Arrowverse now, and that is why he is also not in the picture.
can't accept that explanation. some of the images that are on there are like 4x4 pixels so there's certainly room. and if you're gonna exclude characters who are in shared universes, you can certainly shrink down the Snyderverse characters to make room or exclude one of the 3 altogether.

Helen Slater or bust!
Old 09-24-15, 04:45 PM
Banned

Here's the reddit link with the person who created the picture.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlashTV/com...erse/?sort=old

If you so desire, you can complain directly to the artist about his decision to omit Helen Slater.
Old 09-24-15, 05:23 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Go to reddit?

I think i'd rather be ok with the exclusion.
Old 09-24-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 972 Likes on 685 Posts

Nobody ever noticed until I decided to make taffer go psycho.
Not that it really matters, but I figured it out pretty quickly after kgrogers1979 disappeared the first time. When you showed back up 2 days after taffer "left," it only confirmed what I already knew. For the record, it was the Aquaman scans that tipped me off. That and about a hundred other things.
Old 09-24-15, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

SEPTEMBER 24, 2015 4:01pm PT by Graeme McMillan
Aquaman Is "Meaner and Upset" in Warners' DC Movies, Says Jason Momoa

For decades, Aquaman has been the go-to superhero to make fun of (he does, after all, talk to fish, among other aquatic life forms). But when Jason Momoa debuts as this member of Warner Bros.' cinematic DC universe, things might change. To hear Momoa describe the character, it's no more Mr. Nice Underseas King.

Momoa brought up the topic of Aquaman's new temperament when he was asked during a recent interview whether the character on screen would wear a costume similar to his classic comic book look. Momoa hedged his bets, while leaking information about the superhero's motivations in the film.

"Well, there might be some bit of orange and green," said the actor, referring to the colors of the classic Aquaman costume. "A bit of respect for prior work, but I think he is meaner now and upset — look at what has been done to our oceans. That's his world that has been polluted."

The idea of an Atlantean ruler out for revenge against humanity sounds more like Marvel's Sub-Mariner than DC's Aquaman, but such a repositioning does fit in with the darker world of Man of Steel, where Superman has to kill to save the day, and judging from trailers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Batman is even angrier than in previous movies.

Momoa was also asked about whether, as rumored, Aquaman would show up in Batman v Superman ahead of his solo film, but the actor played coy, replying "Well, we will see. I really can’t say much on that right now."

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck and, possibly maybe Jason Momoa, will be released March 25, 2016.
Old 09-24-15, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

No. I thought it was shit when I first saw it on Facebook. Still think it's shit after you posted it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.