DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Angry Video Game Nerd movie to premiere this July (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/620962-angry-video-game-nerd-movie-premiere-july.html)

duff beer 07-04-14 02:37 AM

Angry Video Game Nerd movie to premiere this July

its online http://vimeo.com/ondemand/avgn

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eiz95K1ngiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm so yeah, it's coming out. I just checked imdb. Anyone?

B5Erik 07-04-14 09:46 AM

Re: Angry Video Game Nerd movie to premiere this July

It's coming out theatrically? Or straight to video?

His video game reviews can be hilarious, but a whole AVGN movie? I heard about it months ago, maybe a year ago, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch then. But who knows? It could be funny...

My Other Self 07-04-14 09:53 AM

It's going to be screened theatrically at special screenings, but it's not getting a limited release or anything. Most of the shows have already sold out.

It's going to be on video by the end of the year.

Mike86 07-04-14 10:43 AM

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this quite a bit. I've watched his reviews for years and find him really funny. He seems to have put a lot of effort into making this film so I'm curious how the final product will turn out. I won't be able to see it until it hits Blu-ray or DVD though.

Troy Stiffler 07-04-14 10:49 AM

At least post the trailer, you bum.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eiz95K1ngiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why So Blu? 07-04-14 11:56 AM

I was bored 5 seconds in. Pass.

My Other Self 07-04-14 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12158787)
I was bored 5 seconds in. Pass.

This movie was obviously made for fans of the web series. If you've never seen it then I wouldn't expect this to appeal to you.

Why So Blu? 07-04-14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by My Other Self (Post 12158791)
This movie was obviously made for fans of the web series. If you've never seen it then I wouldn't expect this to appeal to you.

Honestly, I initially thought it was about that loser gamer kid who broke his hand when he punched the wall. It was some old viral video clip. He couldn't pass some level and started punching walls.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eavjX1ifTIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VHS? 07-04-14 12:44 PM

what ... the ... fuck ... Fuckin gross milk still in his mouth as he slurs.
That kid needs meds yesterday!

Mike86 07-04-14 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by My Other Self (Post 12158791)

Yeah if you've never seen the web series you probably won't get the appeal of the film at all. The series of reviews that he's done are pretty damn entertaining for what they are if you ask me and I've been following it basically from about when it started to present.

Ringmaster 07-04-14 02:48 PM

I watch the Nerd videos and get a kick out of them all the time. I don't think I would stand a whole movie without video game reviews.

Mike86 07-04-14 02:53 PM

Well the film is really based around a review that fans have asked him to do for a long time but he's been saving for this project. I'm curious to see how well it'll be pulled off as a feature length project. He's done some reviews that are a bit longer but I think they mostly cap out around the twenty-five minute mark or so. Obviously this will have more of a story to it though and won't just be a game review.

bluetoast 07-04-14 05:21 PM

I enjoy his stuff but he sucks at concluding a lot of his reviews. I'm not talking about length, but narratively, so I wonder how that'll translate to this project.

Abob Teff 07-04-14 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 12159094)
I enjoy his stuff but he sucks at concluding a lot of his reviews. I'm not talking about length, but narratively, so I wonder how that'll translate to this project.

When did this turn into a Stephen King thread?

RocShemp 07-04-14 09:38 PM

Didn't we have a thread about this some months ago? With much the same comments?

Mike86 07-04-14 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 12159235)
Didn't we have a thread about this some months ago? With much the same comments?

I did a search, there was a thread but the last post was in November 2012.

mhg83 07-14-14 04:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4tfsQMoAg80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My Other Self 07-14-14 05:04 PM

This has to be the most expensive fan-film ever produced. The crowd-funding brought in over $300,000.

Brack 07-14-14 05:05 PM

Didn't they already find those games that were buried in the desert?

My Other Self 07-14-14 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Brack (Post 12168380)
Didn't they already find those games that were buried in the desert?

Yes, about 2 months ago. The rumors had of course persisted since the demise of the video game industry in 1983 and when this was shot back in April of 2012.

Brack 07-14-14 05:11 PM

Ouch, talk about bad timing.

mhg83 07-14-14 06:29 PM

Yeah there's some documentary X-Box made about finding it. I just have a feeling someone at Microsoft heard about this movie and stole his idea :(

Brack 07-14-14 07:17 PM

I think the first trailer for this movie surfaced two years ago. I don't think it's stealing if it takes you so long to finish a movie on a similar subject.

EddieMoney 07-16-14 07:59 AM

I'll check it out. His reviews can be great. Dick Tracy and TMNT are my faves.

duff beer 07-24-14 09:07 PM

anyone check out the premeires