DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16, D: Edwards) S: Jones, Luna, Mendelsohn, Yen (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/620224-rogue-one-star-wars-story-12-16-16-d-edwards-s-jones-luna-mendelsohn-yen.html)

Solid Snake 09-16-15 04:13 PM

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16, D: Edwards) S: Jones, Luna, Mendelsohn, Y

Looks like dummies in the water.

bluetoast 09-16-15 04:25 PM

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16, D: Edwards) S: Jones, Luna, Mendelsohn, Y

About the storm trooper outfits, within the context of the movies, are they supposed to some sturdy material or some kind of strong shit (aside from being easily blastable)? Because they're always looked like cheap plastic (which is what they are, at least for the first movie).

kgrogers1979 09-16-15 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 12589459)
About the storm trooper outfits, within the context of the movies, are they supposed to some sturdy material or some kind of strong shit (aside from being easily blastable)? Because they're always looked like cheap plastic (which is what they are, at least for the first movie).

I have always assumed the stormtrooper armor is supposed to be actual armor. It is just cheap plastic in the movie because well that was 1970s budget and special effects.

TGM 09-16-15 04:34 PM

the ship looks like the skeleton of a crashed xwing to me... maybe with some additional parts CGI'd in later?

Solid Snake 09-16-15 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 (Post 12589470)
I have always assumed the stormtrooper armor is supposed to be actual armor. It is just cheap plastic in the movie because well that was 1970s budget and special effects.

I'm guessing Storm Troopers are more like basic military? Light armor and such.

Josh-da-man 09-16-15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 12589459)

I've always assumed that whatever the stormtrooper body armor was made from was lightweight and probably had a bit of 'give' like plastic. If it's too heavy or too rigid, then it's going to be difficult to fight in it or operate vehicles.

And, whatever it is, it's pretty useless, too. For all of the protection it offers them, they might as well wear cloth. But there's probably a psychological aspect to it, where the Empire's troops are are armored and faceless.

Hazel Motes 12-26-15 12:32 AM

I haven't followed this films production as closely as EP VII, but I was thinking today, I wonder if James Earl Jones is gonna be doing any voice over work for this film.

Artman 12-26-15 12:49 AM

I'd be very surprised if they don't use Vader in some way. That's money in the bank right there, and it makes sense for the story.

DthRdrX 12-26-15 01:18 AM

I love the fact that they are sticking to trying to go as non-cgi as possible. It really made a difference with TFA.

DthRdrX 12-26-15 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chadm (Post 12681212)
I haven't followed this films production as closely as EP VII, but I was thinking today, I wonder if James Earl Jones is gonna be doing any voice over work for this film.

They need to bring him in and have him read every single word in the dictionary .... just in case.

TGM 12-26-15 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 12681232)
They need to bring him in and have him read every single word in the dictionary .... just in case.

"I fellatio your lack of Faberge dactylomegaly. Marmalade the fog-machine be with eeeeeeyew."

Artman 12-26-15 09:02 AM

I was thinking - if most of the crew survives this movie, a sequel might be cool showing them on Yavin when the Empire invades and the rebels scatter. Similar to ESB... maybe at the end they're part of the team discovering Hoth, battling Wampas, etc.

dex14 01-11-16 07:52 AM

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/01/08/0...wing-tmz-4.jpg

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/01/08/0...wing-tmz-5.jpg

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/01/08/0...wing-tmz-6.jpg

devilshalo 01-11-16 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 12681270)
"I fellatio your lack of Faberge dactylomegaly. Marmalade the fog-machine be with eeeeeeyew."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ROOi5xagxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GuessWho 01-11-16 12:29 PM

I'm expecting Max von Sydow's character to be in this... so that seeing him in Force Awakens is more of a touchpoint than "who is this guy?"

Timber 01-11-16 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 12693244)
I'm expecting Max von Sydow's character to be in this... so that seeing him in Force Awakens is more of a touchpoint than "who is this guy?"

They could have had Lucas play that part in an Alfred Hitchcock type of cameo and it would've meant more than Sydow playing it.

dex14 01-15-16 09:15 AM

Rumor: We have received word that
Spoiler:
“The Darth Vader Dream Team” has been assembled for Darth Vader in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. There were rumblings of things about this for sometime. We have it on good authority that the Darth Vader costume as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope has been meticulously recreated to match A New Hope perfectly. By all accounts the costume is so close to the original everyone is very happy and very impressed with the work done by Brian Muir and his team.

The coolest part is we’ve learned that James Earl Jones, the voice, the heart and soul of Darth Vader will return to speak Darth Vader’s lines in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The Darth Vader we all know from the original Star Wars film is effectively back in look, voice, and spirit. There is still no word on if he has already recorded his lines or will in the post-production phase.

At this time we believe Darth Vader is being played by a new person that has never played him before (more on that in the future). We still don’t know the precise parameters of the role Darth Vader will play in Rogue One. Most of the rumors have him as a prominent player in a few scenes and something to fear for the heroes. If it amounts to a few shots or a few sequences is still up in the air. It certainly does paint the picture that Darth Vader chasing the stolen plans at the start of A New Hope is simply a continuation of the events from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Darth Vader is very much going to be alive and kicking in the future of the Star Wars universe beyond just this film as well.

There’ll be no one to stop us this time. – Darth Vader

Until we see more of Darth Vader from the set, we’ll put this in the rumor corner of the room. But there’s so much chatter about his return it seems imminent.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/25215/

Tom Banjo 01-15-16 09:38 PM

I wonder if there will be any crossover with Rebels. Even if it's as little as a Chopper cameo or whatever rolling through the nackground in a scene. It would make sense since this is all roughly in the same time period.

stvn1974 01-15-16 10:48 PM

I want a Darth Vader cameo at least.

Imperial Soldier: Lord Vader, the rebels have stolen the death star plans.

Vader: NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Josh-da-man 01-16-16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12697663)
I want a Darth Vader cameo at least.

* ahem * - This has been making the rounds today.

spsimmons 01-16-16 05:54 PM

I'll probably get blasted for this, but if it's going to be for a small cameo, I'd like to see them put David Prowse back in the costume. OK, let me have it......

TGM 01-16-16 07:47 PM

I would love a dark trilogy of Darth Vader just being a god damned badass.

B5Erik 01-16-16 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by spsimmons (Post 12698053)
I'll probably get blasted for this, but if it's going to be for a small cameo, I'd like to see them put David Prowse back in the costume. OK, let me have it......

He's 81. We don't want to see Darth Vader walk and move like an old man.

If he were 61, sure, why not? But at 81? No way.

B5Erik 01-16-16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 12698107)
I would love a dark trilogy of Darth Vader just being a god damned badass.

Who wouldn't? That would be awesome.

And Lucas would probably have a stroke if they did it.... ;)

resinrats 01-16-16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by B5Erik (Post 12698112)
He's 81. We don't want to see Darth Vader walk and move like an old man.

If he were 61, sure, why not? But at 81? No way.

They could put him in the suit for one scene where Vader is just standing there just to say he helped play the part.

Peter Mahew (sp?) wasn't in the Chewbacca suit 100% of Force Awakens. He had knee surgery and is also in his 70's. He can't do all the running around action scenes. They got another tall actor for those scenes.