Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
Old 05-20-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jay G.
Zack Snyder's Director's Cut discussion:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...exclusive.html
Print Wikipost

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Man, that Superman: Doomsday movie sucked.. sucked bad!
Did you see it at Comicon? Alot of people posting on other sites loved it. I've been waiting forever to see this so I'm keeping my expectations in check, though I wish they stayed closer to the previous series.
Old 08-01-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Did you see it at Comicon? Alot of people posting on other sites loved it. I've been waiting forever to see this so I'm keeping my expectations in check, though I wish they stayed closer to the previous series.

yeah, saw it at the con. It really was a bad film. The dooms day stuff was pretty intense and a good battle. But that made up only about 15 minutes of the film. The rest was a series of stupid superman clones made by luther to ruin superman's name and cause fake returns.

It really was trying hard to press that PG-13 rating and it seems like it was just trying too hard and not making it feel natural. Superman's look is slightly altered from the animated series version and it's not all that great looking.

After the doomsday battle, the movie is slow to a crawl and simply not entertaining at all.
Old 08-19-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Looks like we might see this happen relatively soon:
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...3094&Itemid=99
Old 08-25-07, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Some new news, rumors, etc

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...1&article=3138

Bale and Routh are flat out, for sure, but who does WB want to replace them with? Studio sources have exclusively revealed to the IESB that someone has been approached to fill the shoes of the Man of Steel!

Get ready Smallville fans, your fantasies of Tom Welling in a cape are getting ready to come true. Yes that’s right, Tom Welling, TV’s Clark Kent, has been approached to take up the Superman role in the Justice League film. This has been a hope of Smallville fans for years and all indications are that WB has finally heard the call.

Now how does this affect the Bryan Singer Superman franchise or the Chris Nolan Batman films? What we are hearing from the WB camp is that it doesn’t affect them at all. The Nolan Batman films will continue, the Singer Superman films we have been told will continue and Justice League will have its own storyline and universe. Very similar to what DC does nowadays in the animated world with these characters.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/08/23...ustice-league/

“I don’t really know anything about it,” Bale said of the “JLA” flick, which has already begun approaching such actors as Ryan Reynolds to fill hero roles. “No, there’s been no talk with me about ‘Justice League’; it’s only [reporters] who mention this to me.”

Poking some fun at the concept of a superhero group that would have Bruce Wayne standing alongside the Green Lantern, Bale and his “3:10 to Yuma” co-star Russell Crowe teased that perhaps the latter could play Robin. But getting serious for a moment, Bale made it clear that he will only play Batman for Christopher Nolan.
Old 08-26-07, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquaman Sucks.

Seriously, what kind of power is calling the fish to help you?? What a loser. I hope they dont include him.
Old 08-26-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Layziebones
Aquaman Sucks.

Seriously, what kind of power is calling the fish to help you?? What a loser. I hope they dont include him.
He's actually a badass and well written in the recent Justice League cartoons.
Old 08-26-07, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
He's actually a badass and well written in the recent Justice League cartoons.

Yep. Plus he isn't lamer than Prince Namor and his flat head, pointy ears, plucked eyebrows, and ankle wings.
Old 08-26-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've heard that this film is going to be CGI.
Old 08-26-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by True_Story1011
I've heard that this film is going to be CGI.
You heard wrong.
Old 08-26-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too heard a rumor, due to WB beating high budget costs and getting it done prior the "strike", to do it motion capture ala "Polar Express".

Totally lame.

I want to see a live action version, with or without Bale as Bats.
Old 08-26-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
You heard wrong.
Really? Dark Horizons posted an article on how they might do that CGI blend stuff like Beowulf. But, I guess since you are directing the project, you would know.
Old 08-26-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Yeah, I've read it's going to be live-action/CGI blend as Deftones said...
Old 08-26-07, 10:48 AM
Banned

You heard wrong.
I heard this movie is going to suck, and I heard right.

Actually, I couldn't care less about this movie getting made, either way. But it had better not fuck up Bale continuing on as Batman; Batman Begins is the best representation of Batman ever to see film or TV. We need more of that, and less of these "money-grab" movies, made to capitalize on the recent resurgence of superhero movies.

Aside from all of that...."Make Mine Marvel!"
Old 08-26-07, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I don't know. I love Batman Begins as much as the next guy, but to say it was the best representation of Batman ever could be debated greatly. Batman:TAS did a damn fine job in my book.
Old 08-26-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
Yes! Give us more Elektra and Daredevil and uh, uh Punisher, and Ghost Rider and FF2 and, and ummm X-Men: The Last... well there was Spider-Man 3 and uh.... ahhhh....

Marvel movies are getting progressively worse. If IRON MAN (my favorite Marvel character ever) doesn't turn out to be a grand slam I will personally come over and poop in your Ovaltine.
Old 08-26-07, 12:10 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Yes! Give us more Elektra and Daredevil and uh, uh Punisher, and Ghost Rider and FF2 and, and ummm X-Men: The Last... well there was Spider-Man 3 and uh.... ahhhh....

Marvel movies are getting progressively worse.
Agreed. They had a nice run with the first two Spider-Men and the first two X-Men, but wow, have they stunk lately.
Old 08-26-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by zombiezilla

Make mine DC.....
Old 08-26-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Make mine DC.....

Although not exclusively. I love the FF (the movies notwithstanding) and the ORIGINAL (pre-Bendis butchered) Avengers. I'm hoping we see a great Avengers movie one day, but with Zak Penn scripting I ain't holding my breath.
Old 08-30-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Someone posted this on another board, and after seeing the behind the scenes on New Frontier, David needs to be GL in a movie. Period.

Old 08-30-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tom Welling is rumored to be tapped for the role of Superman in this movie... that would be cool...
Old 08-30-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm not sure about Welling. From the talk over on SHH some suggest WB isn't happy with having him in a feature film. WB has been pretty high on Routh's work habit so they might give him the nod.

Either way, from what I've heard the state of things at WB is pretty confused over what to do with Justice League, Singer's Superman sequel, and Nolan's "closer to reality" Batman.

This is compounded by the possible forcoming screenwriters strike. Here is an article that talks about the issue a little bit more. Strike News
Old 08-31-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mmmm tasty rumors!

IESB also clarified an earlier report that JLA would be an all motion-capture production; they now claim that it will be partially mo-cap, most likely for the alien villains in the film. Speaking of them, the site also says the villains will include white Martians, the OMACs, as well as Maxwell Lord and Talia Al Ghul of the Checkmate agency.

The Martian Manhunter is also said to be in the film, with IESB claiming that none other than the voice of the Silver Surfer himself, Laurence Fishburne, is being considered for the role. Other casting possibilities mentioned by the site include "Jake Gyllenhaal, Leo DiCaprio, Jessica Biel. Mel Gibson is liked for Max Lord. Scarlett Johanssen for Talia. Bruce Willis was mentioned for Lex [Luthor]." Earlier buzz suggested that Batman will never be seen as Bruce Wayne during the story, which is why it might be easier for Warners to recast the role with a new actor rather than pay Christian Bale to do it.

Gibson is an interesting rumored contender, given his past relationship with both Warners and rumored JLA director George Miller. IESB claims DiCaprio might be up for Aquaman. (Better not tell Vincent Chase that!)
Old 08-31-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

All this DC Comic talk makes me
Old 08-31-07, 02:27 PM

I could totally see DiCaprio playing Aquaman in a JLA movie...not!
Old 08-31-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Zodiac_Speaking
I too heard a rumor, due to WB beating high budget costs and getting it done prior the "strike", to do it motion capture ala "Polar Express".
Other than location shooting, I don't see how "performance capture" is going to be any faster than what Zack (300), Rodriguez (Sin City) or Conroy (Sky Captian) did that they couldn't keep it live action.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.