Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
Old 05-20-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jay G.
Zack Snyder's Director's Cut discussion:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...exclusive.html
Print Wikipost

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 08:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Justice League Movie- Release date ?

That's actually a nice design for the suit. I'd love to see that in a film. Don't care for the model, attractive for sure..but I don't think she's...WW enough.
Old 08-10-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
That's actually a nice design for the suit. I'd love to see that in a film. Don't care for the model, attractive for sure..but I don't think she's...Monica Bellucci enough.
Fixed.
Old 08-10-12, 08:39 PM
Banned

ha. I don't think Monica Bellucci could pull it off either.
Old 08-10-12, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

That's actually a nice design for the suit. I'd love to see that in a film. Don't care for the model, attractive for sure..but I don't think she's...WW enough.
Actually, she's a pretty realistic depiction of what a young WW, at the beginning of her career, would look like.

That said, I've always felt you need either Lucy Lawless or a woman like her to do WW justice.
Old 08-10-12, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

I'd like to see Gina Carano as WW... she's really the most realistic/believable possibility imo.(the only one I'd believe in onscreen to be honest) With the 2015 release all but officially confirmed for Avengers 2 this wk... I think WB should look at 2016 for this film. Flash and WW solo films for 2014... Supes 2 for 2015 (he would be the Iron Man for this series). The Batman could act as the Captain America / introductory role for JL. Reynolds as Green Lantern sticks to JL films, and even than, he's minimally used... they have to triage that mess....even seeing him in previews would undermine almost everything.
Old 08-10-12, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
I'd like to see Gina Carano as WW... she's really the most realistic/believable possibility imo.(the only one I'd believe in onscreen to be honest) With the 2015 release all but officially confirmed for Avengers 2 this wk... I think WB should look at 2016 for this film. Flash and WW solo films for 2014... Supes 2 for 2015 (he would be the Iron Man for this series). The Batman could act as the Captain America / introductory role for JL. Reynolds as Green Lantern sticks to JL films, and even than, he's minimally used... they have to triage that mess....even seeing him in previews would undermine almost everything.
Aquaman needs a solo film more than any of the others to fix his public perception. The general public tends to think of him as being lame character whose only power is talking to fish.

The best thing for Green Lantern would be to write out Hal Jordan and introduce Kyle Rayner. If they hadn't royally fucked up Parallax in the first movie, that would be easy to do...

So maybe Flash and Wonder Woman for 2014, Superman 2 and Aquaman for 2015. Green Lantern 2 and JLA for 2016. Batman doesn't need another solo film. Martian Manhunter doesn't either since he could be explained within the JLA movie. That's the "Big 7" that are practically guaranteed to be the cast of JLA. Martian Manhunter may be replaced by Cyborg if DC wants to go the new 52 route, but those have always been the Big 7. Secondary heroes like Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Hawkman, Zatanna, etc would be saved for JLA 2.
Old 08-10-12, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gina Carano is an inspired choice combat-wise and in terms of general physicality. She's also quite a looker. I just wonder if she could sell the gravitas of what is essentially an Ambassador (who also happens to kick ass).
Old 08-10-12, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
DC needs to get this chick to play Wonder Woman.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...to_album_reply
Great suit. Looks great with the leather jacket too.
Old 08-10-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

ha. I don't think Monica Bellucci could pull it off either.
Well, if you were Ash Ketchum, I would have had to put Megan Fox's name.
Old 08-10-12, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Great suit. Looks great with the leather jacket too.
Yeah, its inspired by the JMS era.

Old 08-10-12, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Ahh... nice. They could easily pull that off on film.
Old 08-11-12, 08:25 AM
Banned

Yeah. Seems like JMS' take on characters at times lead to great new costumes. Thor for example got him a badass look. We only got the upper half of the look for the Marvel films...and they gave him crappy pants for some reason. They should've given him the whole damn attire..looks badass for sure.
Old 08-11-12, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

That's funny, all the comic book fans seemed to complain about the costume change (like any change, unsurprisingly).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-...-makeover.html
Old 08-11-12, 09:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
That's funny, all the comic book fans seemed to complain about the costume change (like any change, unsurprisingly).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-...-makeover.html
The difference is the JMS Wonder Woman was too drastic of a change. It looks nothing like classic Wonder Woman at all. The model in those pics took the jacket and put it on the classic Amazon warrior outfit, so it isn't too drastic of a change.

And saying comic fans always hate change is misconception. They hate bad change which unfortunately happens more than good change. Changing Wonder Woman so that she looks nothing like the classic Amazon warrior was bad change. Changing Dick Grayson from Robin to Nightwing was good change that everyone loved. There are also all the legacy characters like Wally West and Kyle Rayner that everyone loves. So fans don't always hate change.
Old 08-11-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

And that costume didnt last long, and was replaced in the 52 with black boots/bottom

Old 08-11-12, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stingermck
And that costume didnt last long, and was replaced in the 52 with black boots/bottom
Yep. They fixed Wonder Woman, but they gave Superman some Iron Man style armor which is even more retarded than biker chick Wonder Woman. Why the fuck does Superman even need armor. Oh its simply because Iron Man is so popular right now, so lets give Superman the same type of armor even if it makes zero sense...

Old 08-11-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, armor on Supes was long overdue. No armor made sense when he fought mere humans. However, he's fought plenty of guys with equal or greater strength. His fighting them with just his traditional tights is the equivalent of a Marine going into combat wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Old 08-11-12, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

While I agree that the biotech way he gets his armor is retarded as fuck, I disagree about him not needing armor. He doesn't NEED it as far as needing to be protected, but without it he would end up nekkid a lot considering the damage he takes during battles.
And yes I am aware that there was an equally retarded reason why his cloth suit could take damage without being destroyed.
Old 08-11-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The short answer about Supermans new suit? Probably done because of the lawsuit. In fact, my conspiracy theory is the entire 52 was done because of it.
Old 08-11-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
The difference is the JMS Wonder Woman was too drastic of a change. It looks nothing like classic Wonder Woman at all. The model in those pics took the jacket and put it on the classic Amazon warrior outfit, so it isn't too drastic of a change.

And saying comic fans always hate change is misconception. They hate bad change which unfortunately happens more than good change. Changing Wonder Woman so that she looks nothing like the classic Amazon warrior was bad change. Changing Dick Grayson from Robin to Nightwing was good change that everyone loved. There are also all the legacy characters like Wally West and Kyle Rayner that everyone loves. So fans don't always hate change.
There was a positive comment here for the pics with the jacket though.

It's not a misconception to me. I read and pay enough attention to comics to see the reactions. Seems like "true" comic fans treat all changes as bad. It just takes some time before they stop whining and realize its often good.

Last edited by fumanstan; 08-11-12 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-11-12, 12:13 PM
Banned

The short answer about Supermans new suit? Probably done because of the lawsuit. In fact, my conspiracy theory is the entire 52 was done because of it.
What lawsuit?
Old 08-11-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What lawsuit?
For those not aware, DC is currently locked in a contentious lawsuit with the heirs of Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Should the families win the suit, certain portions of the Superman mythos could revert to their ownership. In a worst case scenario, this could mean that the Superman franchise would be broken up, with two distinct and incomplete versions of the character existing at once.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman#Copyright_issues

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/04/14...erman-lawsuit/
Old 08-11-12, 03:39 PM
Banned

Oh ok. That one. I thought that was done. It's still going on?
Old 08-13-12, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Actually, armor on Supes was long overdue. No armor made sense when he fought mere humans. However, he's fought plenty of guys with equal or greater strength. His fighting them with just his traditional tights is the equivalent of a Marine going into combat wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Well really if an enemy like Doomsday or Darkseid or Mongul is strong enough to hurt Superman, then armor isn't going to do much. If they can hurt Superman, they can tear through armor with ease. Superman wearing armor for protection is like children hiding under their desk to protect themselves against a nuclear attack.

Originally Posted by Maxflier
While I agree that the biotech way he gets his armor is retarded as fuck, I disagree about him not needing armor. He doesn't NEED it as far as needing to be protected, but without it he would end up nekkid a lot considering the damage he takes during battles.
And yes I am aware that there was an equally retarded reason why his cloth suit could take damage without being destroyed.
Costumes being shredded to pieces is something you just have to take for granted. It also makes no sense how Bruce Banner's pants aren't shredded to pieces when his mass increases ten times to Hulk size. (Or maybe they are implying that Hulk has a tiny little Banner size penis which is why he is always so angry...)

Nah, the new 52 was done as a gimmick to increases sales and nothing more. The industry has been relying on such gimmicks for the better part of two decades now. If the new 52 was because of the Superman lawsuit, then they would have rebooted Superman alone with no need to mess with anything else.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
There was a positive comment here for the pics with the jacket though.

It's not a misconception to me. I read and pay enough attention to comics to see the reactions. Seems like "true" comic fans treat all changes as bad. It just takes some time before they stop whining and realize its often good.

Really more than anything else its just people on the internet that like to bitch and moan about everything. You don't see nearly that much bitching in real life. Comic fans on the internet always talk about how events suck and they are fed up with constant event after event after event. Yet the new Avengers vs X-Men event is the current number one selling comic. In fact, its the first time Marvel has even been in the top ten since the new 52 launched last September. Regardless of all the internet bitching, the vast majority of comic readers like events well enough to keep buying them. Events always sell extremely well and that's why DC and Marvel rely on them so much in recent years.

So really the idea of comic fans always hating change is really just internet nerds bitching and moaning about everything. Dick Grayson has always been much more popular as Nightwing than Robin. Tim Drake has always been the most popular Robin. Legacy heroes like Wally West and Kyle Rayner are well loved. If comics fans truly hated change, then none of that would be true.

Last edited by kgrogers1979; 08-13-12 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-13-12, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Well, if you were Ash Ketchum, I would have had to put Megan Fox's name.
Now we're talkin'!

(I knew there was a reason I popped into this thread. )

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.