Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Underworld: Blood Wars (2017, D: Foerster) S: Beckinsale

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Underworld: Blood Wars (2017, D: Foerster) S: Beckinsale

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-14, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Underworld: Next Generation in development

Originally Posted by Variety
Theo James to Star in Fifth ‘Underworld,’ Kate Beckinsale Won’t Return
September 11, 2014 | 04:47PM PT Film Reporter Dave McNary

Lakeshore Entertainment has signed “Divergent” star Theo James to star in the fifth film in its vampires-versus-werewolves franchise.

Kate Beckinsale, however, will not return for her Selene role after starring in all previous films.

Lakeshore is ramping up development on the yet-to-be-titled film and aiming to shoot in the spring. James starred as a new character and vampire ally to Beckinsale’s character in the fourth film, “Underworld: Awakening.”

Lakeshore toppers Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi are producing.

The franchise launched in 2003 with “Underworld,” directed by Len Wiseman and starring Beckinsale, followed by 2006’s “Underworld: Evolution,” 2009’s “Underworld: Rise of the Lycans” and 2012’s “Underworld: Awakening,” which grossed $160 million wordlwide.

James starred as Four in “Divergent” opposite Shailene Woodley, and in the second film “Insurgent,” which is in post-production and will open in March. The two “Allegiant” films will also star James and open in 2016 and 2017.
Old 09-11-14, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Wow, YA garbage.
Old 09-11-14, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Cancel this project. It's already dead.
Old 09-12-14, 10:39 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Yeah, the first 3 are stupid fun, but the fourth one killed the franchise for me. This new generation bullshit reeks of executives saying that they can capitalize on the whole YA fiction into films wave currently underway. I do hope that they watch Vampire Academy...

Tossers.
Wow, YA garbage.
You predicted this back in March

(would i be lynched if i suggested Shailene Woodley for the female lead?)
Old 09-12-14, 11:06 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should just cast Kate Beckinsale's real life daughter. She played young Selene in the second one and she's a teenager now.

Old 09-13-14, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kate Beckinsale is the reason these films work. Only the first one was really "good" in any sense imo but she made the 2nd and 4th to be time killing fun. The one where she wasn't present? Yeah, no. So I think the same on the idea of continuing this series without her in it.

Though I'm rather surprised this is continuing didn't think the last one made enough money to be worth making more of them.

LOL at the idea of this being YA crap though, might be garbage but not YA garbage, more like plotless action garbage if anything.
Old 09-13-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DRG
They should just cast Kate Beckinsale's real life daughter. She played young Selene in the second one and she's a teenager now.

Wow, the daughter looks just like Michael Sheen.
Old 09-13-14, 03:37 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah. She looks like a lot more like Sheen.

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Oh, I wouldn't put it past Nighy to return in w/e form. Like Morgan Freeman or Michael Cain, he doesn't seem to be too picky...
So true. Oddly enough, I think I enjoy Nighy more in his bs roles than the others. Have Caine and Nighy ever been on screen together? That sounds like a hell of a time on set were it to happen.

Have loved his appearances in the Three Flavor Cornetto trilogy.
Old 10-13-14, 04:15 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Here's what Len Wiseman (director of the first two Underworld films) had to say at the NYCC:

There’s a few things that are being developed right now and there’s some characters that we really like that’s kind of more of a spin-off of some of the characters like we did with RISE OF THE LYCANS, and another film is being developed with Kate possibly as well, and then there’s a television series as well. So it’s all kind of expanding that universe.
Read more at http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/kate...Lf5cMCsaFo2.99
Old 05-14-15, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...world-5-795737

No longer an Underworld Reboot. Officially the 5th movie and officially will begin filming this October.

Probably needs a thread title change

Underworld 5 (2016) -- D: Foerster, S: Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale Returning for 'Underworld 5'

Anna Foerster has signed on to direct the feature, making her the first woman to helm an installment of the action-horror franchise.

Kate Beckinsale is back for more Underworld action.

The actress has signed on to reprise her vampire character, Selene, in the fifth installment in the franchise from Lakeshore Entertainment and Screen Gems.

Directing the movie is Anna Foerster, who has done second-unit work and was Roland Emmerich’s right-hand woman as the director of photography on such movies as The Day After Tomorrow and White House Down. This is the first time that a woman is directing the female-led action-horror franchise. (Her hire was made before Tuesday’s report by the ACLU that took studios to task about gender inequality in Hollywood.)

Cory Goodman wrote the script, whose plot details are being kept shut in a coffin but which is said to focus on a new and younger generation of vampires and werewolves who are locked in a seemingly never-ending battle between supernatural races.

Theo James, who appeared briefly in 2012’s Underworld: Awakening, is attached to reprise his character as he fulfills an option agreement.

The movie will shoot in Prague this October.

Foerster, who has also directed episodes of Starz’s Outlander, is repped by Gersh.

Beckinsale has Relativity's supernatural thriller The Disappointments Room and Whit Stillman’s Jane Austen adaptation Love and Friendship, in which she stars opposite Chloe Sevigny and Xavier Samuel, in post.

She is repped by CAA and Hansen, Jacobson.

Glad she's back. I know this series is hit or miss for many here, but it's a guilty pleasure.
Old 05-14-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It can't be any worse than the last one. Hopefully they'll quietly ignore that piece of shit. Hell, pretend it never happened and make this a direct sequel to the second one.
Old 05-14-15, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still haven't seen any of them beyond the first one. I liked the first one a good amount... back when I was 17. Damn near 12 years ago that me and my amigos left for the movies when the school day ended to watch Underworld.
Old 05-14-15, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I love Underworld, II and III. Have not seen IV. I probably will check it out but I'm happy they making a fifth.
Old 05-14-15, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe I don't have the second on BD. The prologue alone is worth it.
Old 05-15-15, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember seeing the first one years and years ago and thinking that it basically looked like a Matrix wannabe with werewolves and vampires, though I do remember the Kate Beckinsale tight leather catsuit . Maybe I'll revisit it one of these days, but even as a teen who gobbled up stupid action movies, it didn't appeal to me enough to want to jump on the sequel.
Old 05-15-15, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I still haven't seen any of them beyond the first one. I liked the first one a good amount... back when I was 17. Damn near 12 years ago that me and my amigos left for the movies when the school day ended to watch Underworld.
1-3 are cool, IMO, but 4 shat on 1-3. Not cool.
Old 05-15-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

1-3 are cool, IMO, but 4 shat on 1-3. Not cool.
Yup. And not just because it was shitty. But because
Spoiler:
a major turning point in the first movie was that the Vampires (Selene's group) were the ones who started the war with the Lycans. With Michael as the custodian of Lucian's memories (at the end of the first movie) and Selene's ascension to being a direct conduit of the line of Corvinus (towards the end of the first movie), the way was open for a Vampire-Lycan union that Viktor feared the union of Lucian and Sonya would usher forth.

Instead of picking up from there, the 4th movie just flipped the script by making the Lycans the bad guys and that's it. Oh sure there was some bullshit with the Super Lycan and Selene and Michael's worthless daughter. But those came across as afterthoughts.
Old 09-09-15, 03:41 PM

Re: Underworld 5 (2016) -- D: Foerster, S: Beckinsale

EXCLUSIVE: Bradley James will co-star as the male villain opposite Kate Beckinsale and Theo James in Underworld: Next Generation for Screen Gems and Lakeshore. James recently wrapped the first season of the A&E series Damien, which premieres next year, and becomes the latest to spring from the small screen to features. The film shoots in Prague next month. He’s repped by UTA.
http://deadline.com/2015/09/bradley-...ms-1201519565/
Old 10-19-15, 01:23 PM

Re: Underworld: Next Generation (2016) -- D: Foerster, S: Beckinsale

Principal photography is underway on the latest installment of Screen Gems/Lakeshore Entertainment's blockbuster UNDERWORLD series, which has grossed nearly $500 millionworldwide. The ten-week shoot will take place entirely in the Czech capital and areas surrounding.

Theo James (The Divergent Series) returns as Selene's ally David, reprising the role he played in Underworld: Awakening. British actors Tobias Menzies ("Outlander", "Rome") and Lara Pulver ("Sherlock") take on the respective roles of a formidable new Lycan leader and a fiercely ambitious Vampire, and Charles Dance ("Game of Thrones") again plays Vampire elder Thomas. Rounding out the film's stellar international cast are: James Faulkner ("Game of Thrones"), Peter Andersson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), newcomer Clementine Nicholson, Bradley James (A&E's upcoming "Damien") and Daisy Head (the upcoming Fallen).

Anna Foerster is the director of UNDERWORLD 5. Foerster, who previously directed episodes of the television series Criminal Minds and Outlander, is widely known for her work as cinematographer on epic blockbusters such as Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow and White House Down.

The screenplay for UNDERWORLD 5 was penned by Cory Goodman (The Last Witch Hunter, Priest) and based on characters originally created by Kevin Grevioux, Len Wiseman and Danny McBride. Lakeshore Entertainment's Tom Rosenberg (The Lincoln Lawyer, Million Dollar Baby), Gary Lucchesi (Million Dollar Baby,Underworld), and Richard S. Wright (The Lincoln Lawyer, Underworld) are producing as are David Kern(Underworld: Awakening), along with Len Wiseman (Underworld, Total Recall).

Foerster's accomplished behind-the-scenes team comprises cinematographer Karl W. Lindenlaub (TheChronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Independence Day), production designer Ondrej Nekvasil (Snowpiercer), costume designer Bojana Nikitovic (A Good Day to Die Hard), and editor Peter Amundson (Pacific Rim,Underworld: Rise of the Lycans).
http://www.latino-review.com/news/un...ale-theo-james
Old 10-19-15, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

woot, more beckinsale in tights... Im in.
Old 04-12-16, 07:15 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...title-revealed
Old 04-12-16, 07:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Underworld: Blood Wars
Old 04-12-16, 07:34 PM

Can you actually start posting something more than just links?
Old 04-12-16, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts
re: Underworld: Blood Wars (2017) -- D: Foerster, S: Beckinsale

This is probably going to be terrible, but I'll put up with alot just to ogle Kate. So hot.
Old 04-13-16, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Osiris3657
This is probably going to be terrible, but I'll put up with alot just to ogle Kate. So hot.
She seems to keep coming back for these, she must get good money. I suppose she's the selling point for them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.