Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

End credits scores/songs that you always have to listen to

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

End credits scores/songs that you always have to listen to

Old 02-17-14, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: End credits scores/songs that you always have to listen to

Rocky - Love the violin part of the score at the end of the movie

The Empire Strikes Back - My favorite ending credits score of the Original movies

Raiders of the Lost Ark & Superman & Hoosiers & Field of Dreams are some other favorites
Old 02-17-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Starts at around :26 seconds...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NPzoeVflm_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-17-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 165 Posts

Reign of Fire - Dig the song "Burn" by Mad at Gravity.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JS1ZbuLZb1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-17-14, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Rocky - Love the violin part of the score at the end of the movie
*Wondering if Giles has finally seen this yet*
Old 02-17-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Valley Girl": Randy and Julie in the back of a limo drive by The Galleria as "I Melt with You" comes back. The movie has become a punch line, but that scene evokes some goddamn powerful nostalgia in me. I can't find this on YouTube.

"Slowride" at the end of "Dazed and Confused" has already been mentioned, but it's awesome as well. The bit of regret on Pink's face as everyone else is having a great time, the highway spooling out in front of them, Slater blowing out a giant joint rip:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ckTlPHpovSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Queen Bitch" at the end of "The Life Aquatic", not a great movie but perfect song and great ending scene. Then the credits hit with the acoustic version and it's even better. Here it is in Italian:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nZvcMd-NglY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Just Like Honey" at the end of "Lost in Translation". It's one of my favorite songs of all time and perfectly used. I like to movie a little less every time I see it, but the ending is undeniable with those incredible shots of the Tokyo cityscape and the song puts it over the top:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1bd2RE0OjyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Hiro11; 02-17-14 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I remember it was probably my third viewing of Superman at the theater, first run, when I finally stayed through the whole credits . I was startled that the when the regular theme/march played out, they transitioned into a very delicate reprise of the love theme. This wasn't included on the 2 disc soundtrack that I'd already almost wore out by that time. so it was kind of a shock to find out it existed. The film opened in the winter. I first saw it up north in a very snowbound venue, and as I was watching it again here in the deep south- that rendering of the love them instantly conjured up visions of ice , snow and crystals. Still does. I found it extremely disappointing that it was left off of the original VHS releases of the film (which was another reason the original widescreen LD was so great to have at the time).

It's still one of my single favorite pieces of music from Williams (on top of an already amazing score).

There's a similar interesting addendum to the Jaws 2 score, which transitions from the elegic end titles, to a triumphant reprise of the 'kid's sailing' montage music which plays out as the sun sets.
Always loved that one too.