Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 05-03-21, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 972 Likes on 685 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by dex14
No, it was the Fantastic Four logo.
D'oh! Should have known that.

Kind of weird to throw a logo out there when there's literally nothing else to go with it. I mean, we all know FF is coming at some point. It's not like I'm more likely to go back to the theaters because FF is coming in 2024 or whatever.
Old 05-03-21, 09:57 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Then FF logo is a pretty well-known one to most. I thought it was a decent trailer to announce that the MCU was back on track. After everything that's happened over the past year, it was kind of a question mark as to how they were going to move on with the movies. This gives us some actual dates now.
Old 05-03-21, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
D'oh! Should have known that.

Kind of weird to throw a logo out there when there's literally nothing else to go with it. I mean, we all know FF is coming at some point. It's not like I'm more likely to go back to the theaters because FF is coming in 2024 or whatever.
The whole trailer is themed around "family", so it made sense to end the trailer pointing in the direction of the first Superhero 'family'. As well as being a subtle reminder that this is Phase 4. Interesting that there was no Blade logo?

The Eternals stuff looks intriguing? Cautiously optimistic.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (05-03-21)
Old 05-03-21, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
The whole trailer is themed around "family", so it made sense to end the trailer pointing in the direction of the first Superhero 'family'. As well as being a subtle reminder that this is Phase 4. Interesting that there was no Blade logo?

The Eternals stuff looks intriguing? Cautiously optimistic.
I thought the first superhero 'family' was the FF4? Was always meant to be. I hope they show up soon. Be interesting if they have Doom show up even before the FF4 does.
Old 05-03-21, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Should've thrown a big "X" in there, too.

Maybe two diagonal, three-clawed slash marks... SNIKT! WHOOSH! WHOOSH!
Old 05-03-21, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,198 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
No, it was the Fantastic Four logo.
Damn straight it was, it brought a tear to my eye. I'm excited for that one more than anything.
Old 05-03-21, 05:40 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

For me, it's the reboot of Blade, which oddly wasn't listed in the trailer.
Old 05-03-21, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,026 Posts

I got goosebumps watching that - I can't wait for the return of the full-blown Marvel film. I'm excited about everything show there.
Old 05-03-21, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
For me, it's the reboot of Blade, which oddly wasn't listed in the trailer.
Probably because it doesn't have a release date.
Old 05-03-21, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Probably because it doesn't have a release date.
Neither does Fantastic Four, but that was mentioned.
Old 05-03-21, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
I thought the first superhero 'family' was the FF4? Was always meant to be. I hope they show up soon. Be interesting if they have Doom show up even before the FF4 does.
I predict Doom will be the overall Big Bad like Thanos was.
Old 05-03-21, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Just teased really.

Everybody already knows that Blade is coming at some point and there is a logo that's out there, but they obviously don't have anything else to announce about it at this this time. Everything else except that tease had a date attached to it at minimum.
Old 05-04-21, 01:14 AM
Banned

I predict Doom will be the overall Big Bad like Thanos was.
Doom isnít really the same Universal threat Thanos was (I know he can be in the comics). Iím thinking Galactus is more likely.

I still want to see a Doom movie from his point of view with him as the hero and all the traditional MCU heroes depicted as villains.
Old 05-04-21, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

FF is a much bigger deal than Blade.
Old 05-04-21, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Blade is probably the MCU project I'm least interested in.

Already had three movies, and I don't know if the MCU needs vampires running around in it.

I think I'd rather see some kind of "Midnight Sons" horror/dark fantasy/urban fantasy project with Blade, Morbius, Darkhold, Ghost Rider, and (possibly) Dr. Strange. But Sony's sitting on Morbius, and we don't really know what the status of the Sony Spiderverse projects are within the MCU. Might make a good D+ series.
Old 05-04-21, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,198 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Iím thinking Galactus is more likely.
Yeah, he's definitely going to be the big bad that a lot of the films will lead up to, just like Thanos was (but I don't know if it will happen at the end of the current new phase). Doom might be more of an interim baddie.

Originally Posted by Jason
FF is a much bigger deal than Blade.
Definitely, it's not even remotely close.

Old 05-04-21, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cultshock
Yeah, he's definitely going to be the big bad that a lot of the films will lead up to, just like Thanos was (but I don't know if it will happen at the end of the current new phase). Doom might be more of an interim baddie.
Well, Doom is at least on par with someone like Loki as a villain. The character will definitely play a major role in the MCU going forward after being introduced.
Old 05-04-21, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Got a few goosebumps on that trailer also. Love to see the dates and schedule for the next couple of years. Can hardly wait to get back in the theater watching Marvel movies.
Old 05-05-21, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Well, Doom is at least on par with someone like Loki as a villain. The character will definitely play a major role in the MCU going forward after being introduced.
Loki was only a villain for one and half movies, so this is me hoping they establish a real villain for the franchise, who is an active character.
Old 05-05-21, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Villains are a big weak spot in the MCU. There's Loki and Thanos and... a bunch of mostly anonymous bush-leaguers. Red Skull was only in one film.

Hopefully, moving forward, they will establish guys like Green Goblin and Dr. Doom as major players in the MCU.

Unfortunately, they will only be able to square off against bush-league second generation characters since so many of the actors playing the big guns have moved on or been priced out. So no Steve Rogers and Tony Stark facing off against Doom. It will probably be the Young Avengers instead of the real Avengers.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 05-05-21 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-05-21, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Villains are a big weak spot in the MCU. There's Loki and Thanos and... a bunch of mostly anonymous bush-leaguers. Red Skull was only in one film.
And Killmonger, but he was killed off right away.
Old 05-05-21, 11:29 AM
Banned

Unfortunately, they will only be able to square off against bush-league second generation characters since so many of the actors playing the big guns have moved on or been priced out. So now Steve Rogers and Tony Stark facing off against Doom. It will probably be the Young Avengers instead of the real Avengers.
FF4 and X-Men? Surely Magneto is bound to be another big villain in the MCU stable.
Old 05-05-21, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Red Skull was in three films, but he wasnít exactly in a villain role in two of those.
Old 05-05-21, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

FF4 and X-Men? Surely Magneto is bound to be another big villain in the MCU stable.
Kind of depends. Magneto isn't really a straight-up villain; I think the character works best an anti-hero/reformed villain.

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Red Skull was in three films, but he wasnít exactly in a villain role in two of those.
His role in Infinity War and Endgame was more of a footnote.
Old 05-05-21, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Received 1,068 Likes on 621 Posts

Kind of depends. Magneto isn't really a straight-up villain; I think the character works best an anti-hero/reformed villain.

His role in Infinity War and Endgame was more of a footnote.
I think Doom/Magneto would be a cool villain for Avenger5/Aven6ers, then with an enemy mine in A7engers against Galactus/Kree/Shiar/whatever.

Personal note: Good Lord, thinking about seven Avengers movies makes my head spin.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.