Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 04-16-15, 06:15 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Nicole Perlman wrote a BW script, supposedly it was good.

I think it would stand strong.

I'd still want a Captain Marvel film more.
Old 04-16-15, 06:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
I think Ant-Man will under perform at the box office (Seen the new trailer, still not that impressed) and it will put the Captain Marvel and Black Panther movies on permanent hiatus. Their just isn't enough interesting comic book canon built up for a solo Black Widow flick and although it is sexist, I and a lot other fans still just see her as eye candy.

Anyway, I think a Black Widow/Hawkeye team-up movie would be better than a solo BW movie. I can't remember exactly, but I think the movies have alluded to those two characters having a past together.
Old 04-16-15, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 791 Likes on 382 Posts

I think Ant-Man will under perform at the box office (Seen the new trailer, still not that impressed) and it will put the Captain Marvel and Black Panther movies on permanent hiatus.
It might underperform, but I don't think Marvel is likely to change their release slate because of it. They have a plan and they believe in what they're doing. Ant-Man is kind of an anomaly in that plan... even though he's departed the project, I'm not sure we would be getting Ant-Man at all at this point if Wright hadn't been pushing for it for so long. They were just too far along in pre-production to jut cancel it at the point that they parted ways.
Old 04-16-15, 06:33 AM
Banned

Ant-Man will be in theaters two months after AoU, so unless AoU sucks a big fat one, Ant-Man will be riding on the hype train of AoU's success and likely won't do poorly at all.

Iron Man 3 followed Avengers, and IM 3 is the second highest grossing MCU movie after Avengers.
Old 04-16-15, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 791 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Ant-Man will be in theaters two months after AoU, so unless AoU sucks a big fat one, Ant-Man will be riding on the hype train of AoU's success and likely won't do poorly at all.

Iron Man 3 followed Avengers, and IM 3 is the second highest grossing MCU movie after Avengers.
Yes, but Iron Man 3 has Iron Man in it. People (rightly) saw it as the next chapter in the Avengers saga. I'm not sure if they will feel the same about Ant-Man. I don't think it'll bomb, but I also don't think it will be among their highest grossing films.
Old 04-16-15, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Yes, but Iron Man 3 has Iron Man in it. People (rightly) saw it as the next chapter in the Avengers saga. I'm not sure if they will feel the same about Ant-Man. I don't think it'll bomb, but I also don't think it will be among their highest grossing films.
With Ant-Man I just keep going back to the fact his super power is shrinking and the trailer hasn't shown anything that's dynamic or exciting. Just might be too much of a paint by #'s Marvel universe origin movie. Also, the actors just aren't selling it enough to help build the hype.

Just have a feeling that if it under performs, Disney will get skittish and put the lesser properties on hiatus.
Old 04-16-15, 07:35 AM
Banned

They're not going to put their plans for other movies on hiatus just because ONE movie underperforms. That's ridiculous.

Incredible Hulk underperformed. Did they drop their plans then? Nope.

Guardians of the Galaxy was a "lesser property." It was a success. So even if Ant-Man does underperform, they are still 1 for 2 on the "lesser properties" which honestly isn't that bad.
Old 04-16-15, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1,002 Likes on 708 Posts

Black Widow could absolutely support a standalone movie. There's so many directions they could go with it. That said, I continue to think Johansson is woefully miscast as the character, so I can't say that I'd be terribly interested. I seem to be in the minority on that one though. Either way, if Lucy can be a hit, why couldn't Black Widow?
Old 04-16-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,171 Likes on 913 Posts

People didn't know how well Guardians of the Galaxy would do either and we all know how that turned out. I think Ant-Man will do fine. It has the Marvel brand which has proven itself and people seen willing to take chances on, plus Paul Rudd is a pretty popular actor that I think can carry the film and bring in an audience. Plus the film has the advantage of being the Marvel film to follow Age of Ultron. As for Johansson she did pretty well with Lucy. She has sex appeal for sure but is also a decent female action star.

Last edited by Mike86; 04-16-15 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-16-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
It might underperform, but I don't think Marvel is likely to change their release slate because of it. They have a plan and they believe in what they're doing. Ant-Man is kind of an anomaly in that plan... even though he's departed the project, I'm not sure we would be getting Ant-Man at all at this point if Wright hadn't been pushing for it for so long. They were just too far along in pre-production to jut cancel it at the point that they parted ways.
Agreed, there's no way the rest of the slate would be put in hiatus if only one movie underperforms. And even then, though Guardians was a huge surprise I feel like Marvel's expectations for some of these movies are obviously much lower then their big names so it might be hard to say what is considered underperforming.

As for Black Widow, I honestly wouldn't care as much to see her in a standalone movie. Even after all her appearences, I only like her as a supporting character and not as interested in her individually. Teaming her up with Hawkeye would be more appealing to me, but even then the current announced Marvel slate is more interesting.
Old 04-16-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Ant-Man will under perform at the box office (Seen the new trailer, still not that impressed) and it will put the Captain Marvel and Black Panther movies on permanent hiatus..
Uhh no.
Old 04-16-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 79 Likes on 58 Posts

Just like any other well run studio, Marvel banks on the fact that the "Big" movies will make enough to cover a stray mis-fire here and there. Unlike most other studios though, Marvel's product and brand is such that all the films are exploitable, popcorn entertainment. They aren't blowing money on oscar bait or trying to promote a foreign pick-up to the fly over states.
And "failure" or under performance at the BO is not the be all end all. They exposed a new character or concept to the masses outside the geek niche (future licensing), and any lesser grosser is still likely to add to it's bottom line through video/streaming. The worst performing of these films will still likely break even by some point.
That's WAY better than the majority of studios out there...including their parent company.
Old 04-16-15, 05:06 PM

Received 4,685 Likes on 3,173 Posts

A lot of spoilers here:

All right, guys, first things first, as usual. SPOILERS. I'll say it again. SPOILERS. I even put it in the headline, so before you scan another word take note that it's been said three times. You've been warned. If you walk into the minefield of information from here it's on you if you get blown up. To note, this information comes from a reliable and proven source, but feel free to treat the following as a rumor as per the usual.

Now, this is A LOT of stuff. It's not going to ruin any major plot points or give away the entire movie, but there are some great little details in here that will either get you even more excited or frothing at the mouth pissed, depending on your tolerance for new info. For me, I absolutely love the info and it gets my nerd blood pumping for the coolness that lies ahead. With that said, if you're ready to get some cool details on what lies beyond AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON then strap in, grab a drink, put on some music, and let the geek goodness flow through you.

What we have is a rundown of characters, costumes, story beats, and some little tidbits of "marvelous" info that runs from ANT-MAN to CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR to DOCTOR STRANGE, and a little bit about Marvel's presence at Comic Con this year. Let's do this.

Spoiler:
ANT-MAN

So far, ANT-MAN has had a shaky journey to the big screen. Edgar Wright leaving the project after years of building it and a quick shuffle to get it into production has left many to suspect that it may be Marvel's first big trainwreck. Of course, a lot of folks thought the same for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and look how that turned out. Here's some tidbits that might sway you to "Team ANT-MAN."

ANT-MAN vs. Yellowjacket:

There will be two big fights between the hero and villain in ANT-MAN; one that takes place in a briefcase as it falls out of a helicopter where they're literally fighting around objects in the case; Lifesavers, keys, an iPhone, etc. and using said objects against one another. The final battle between both characters takes place in Scott Lang's daughters' room on the Thomas the Train set (as seen in the recent trailer). As the battle rages on, we'll see both characters enlarge certain objects while they're still shrunk, accidentally making a giant ant and, eventually, Thomas the Train, which crashes out of the bedroom, crushing a car on the street. Crazy stuff and obviously making full use of the shrinking and enlarging that goes hand-in-hand with ANT-MAN's powers.

On The Wasp:

Evangeline Lilly is playing Hope Van Dyne in the film, as we know, and our source indicates that she will indeed become The Wasp, but you will NOT see it happen in ANT-MAN.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

If you've read the Civil War comics then you know that there's no way they could faithfully adapt the source material as Marvel simply doesn't have the rights to all the characters involved and the circumstances in the comic continuity just doesn't match the MCU continuity. That said, they've naturally found an organic way to "create" the Civil War in question and they've rounded up a great batch of "heroes vs. heroes" to compliment the new (and returning) villains. It's also to note that the project is referenced as CIVIL WAR, not CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. What that means is anyone's guess, but it's an interesting note. Here's the rundown:

Characters in CIVIL WAR:

Pretty much every Avengers character that DOESN'T have their own franchise is going to appear in CIVIL WAR. Some we already know about, including Cap (obviously), Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. We can also confirm the recently rumored Scarlet Witch, as well as The Vision, War Machine, and even Ant-Man. The non-hero villains are, as already confirmed, Baron Zemo and Crossbones. Now, our source also indicated that this roster has some wiggle room, so there's always the chance that a few may be shuffled out at some point, but right now this IS the plan. As for Spider-Man; Marvel is playing it close to the chest, so there's no info on how he's involved...yet. In terms of who's facing off with who: So far it looks like Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Falcon vs. Iron Man, War Machine, The Vision, and Ant-Man, with the Scarlet Witch and Black Panther somewhere in the mix. Oh, and expect to see Ant-Man take on the Giant-Man form in battle. How cool will that be, eh?

Costumes in CIVIL WAR:

The Falcon will, in fact, be getting a costume upgrade for CIVIL WAR, which will be a modified version of his WINTER SOLDIER suit, but with grey and red colors, as per his comic origins. Captain America will be carrying over a slightly modified version of his AGE OF ULTRON suit, and so far The Winter Soldier will look very much as he did before, long hair and all. The coolest costume news is for Crossbones. Many of us are dying to see ol' Brock Rumlow in his trademark get-up and that will indeed happen. He's described as "messier" and the skull imagery on the suit is described as "graffiti-esque." And yes, he does indeed wear the skull mask that covers his entire face, which is said to be a hybrid mask/helmet. Think Army of Two.

CIVIL WAR story - comics to screen:

In Mark Millar's Civil War story the catalyst that sets off the "Civil War" is when the New Warriors destroy several city blocks in an attempt to apprehend a supervillain, causing the deaths of more than 600 civilians, prompting the Superhero Registration Act, which requires all superpowered beings to register with the government, reveal thier secret identities, and receive "proper" training and operate under the employ of S.H.I.E.L.D. Obviously, this has to be changed for the MCU version, and this is the basic premise; Instead of the New Warriors being the catalyst for the Superhero Registration Act, it will be Crossbones (in costume) who will be the catalyst that kicks off the film, instigating an attack that causes much death and destruction, causing the government to step in and put out the Superhero Registration Act.

The other element that will be a key focus is The Winter Soldier, whose existence is the big question as he has the ability to be a hero, but has also been a villain. This causes the main rift between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, as the disagreement leads them to opposing sides. The main thrust, as in the comics, looks to be "if there is a threat - should The Avengers show up, is it their place to do so, and what gives them the authority to do so?"

BLACK PANTHER in CIVIL WAR:

We all know that Chadwick Boseman will appear in CIVIL WAR, but his role in the war isn't one-sided as he'll have his own agenda in the film. There's been speculation that he'd take the Spider-Man role as it plays out in the comics, but that doesn't look to be the case. Either way, his involvement will still be significant.

DOCTOR STRANGE

We've been waiting to see Stephen Strange make his MCU appearance for a long time and with director Scott Derrickson lined up to direct and Benedict Cumberbatch set as the Sorcerer Supreme the big question now turns to how they'll handle it. We've got some cool info to build off of what we already know, including what kind of costume the good doctor will be rockin'. Here's the details:

Doc Strange and the Classic Costume:

Yep, DOCTOR STRANGE will be wearing the traditional outfit from the comics, complete with the red cape (albeit with a much smaller collar) and blue outfit. He will also have a vest of some sort, but either way will be going for an MCU version of the classic costume, which should be a relief for those that feared Marvel may not adhere to the traditional look.

Doc Strange villains:

As has been reported before via Latino Review, the main villains of the film will be Dormammu and Baron Mordo. Dormammu will also be leading an army of zealots, which is most likely the Mindless Ones that have already been rumored as well. They are described as looking humanoid but made out of stone and cut into tiny layers. Consider this another log on that already burning fire of info.

Doc Strange locales:

The look and design of Doctor Strange is said to be on a whole other visual level, with plenty of use of astral projections and levitation, etc. Much of the action will take place "between dimensions" with lots of wild "Inception-like visuals." Ultimately, what you'd hope and expect to see in a Doc Strange flick.

And that's it! Some interesting details that should keep the Marvel hype machine going and certainly enough to garner some post AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON excitement. Keep in mind that a lot of this stuff is still in development and/or just going into production so there's always the possibility that some of these details could change in the process. That said, this is what's on the books for now.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...t-man-more-227
Old 04-16-15, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979

Anyway, I think a Black Widow/Hawkeye team-up movie would be better than a solo BW movie. I can't remember exactly, but I think the movies have alluded to those two characters having a past together.
A movie about their little adventure in Budapest would be fun. Bring back Fury, Coulson, etc. Don't go all the way back to an origin story, but sort of a "Tales from SHIELD" or something.
Old 04-16-15, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
A lot of spoilers here:

All right, guys, first things first, as usual. SPOILERS. I'll say it again. SPOILERS. I even put it in the headline, so before you scan another word take note that it's been said three times. You've been warned. If you walk into the minefield of information from here it's on you if you get blown up. To note, this information comes from a reliable and proven source, but feel free to treat the following as a rumor as per the usual.

Now, this is A LOT of stuff. It's not going to ruin any major plot points or give away the entire movie, but there are some great little details in here that will either get you even more excited or frothing at the mouth pissed, depending on your tolerance for new info. For me, I absolutely love the info and it gets my nerd blood pumping for the coolness that lies ahead. With that said, if you're ready to get some cool details on what lies beyond AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON then strap in, grab a drink, put on some music, and let the geek goodness flow through you.

What we have is a rundown of characters, costumes, story beats, and some little tidbits of "marvelous" info that runs from ANT-MAN to CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR to DOCTOR STRANGE, and a little bit about Marvel's presence at Comic Con this year. Let's do this.

Spoiler:
ANT-MAN

So far, ANT-MAN has had a shaky journey to the big screen. Edgar Wright leaving the project after years of building it and a quick shuffle to get it into production has left many to suspect that it may be Marvel's first big trainwreck. Of course, a lot of folks thought the same for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and look how that turned out. Here's some tidbits that might sway you to "Team ANT-MAN."

ANT-MAN vs. Yellowjacket:

There will be two big fights between the hero and villain in ANT-MAN; one that takes place in a briefcase as it falls out of a helicopter where they're literally fighting around objects in the case; Lifesavers, keys, an iPhone, etc. and using said objects against one another. The final battle between both characters takes place in Scott Lang's daughters' room on the Thomas the Train set (as seen in the recent trailer). As the battle rages on, we'll see both characters enlarge certain objects while they're still shrunk, accidentally making a giant ant and, eventually, Thomas the Train, which crashes out of the bedroom, crushing a car on the street. Crazy stuff and obviously making full use of the shrinking and enlarging that goes hand-in-hand with ANT-MAN's powers.

On The Wasp:

Evangeline Lilly is playing Hope Van Dyne in the film, as we know, and our source indicates that she will indeed become The Wasp, but you will NOT see it happen in ANT-MAN.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

If you've read the Civil War comics then you know that there's no way they could faithfully adapt the source material as Marvel simply doesn't have the rights to all the characters involved and the circumstances in the comic continuity just doesn't match the MCU continuity. That said, they've naturally found an organic way to "create" the Civil War in question and they've rounded up a great batch of "heroes vs. heroes" to compliment the new (and returning) villains. It's also to note that the project is referenced as CIVIL WAR, not CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. What that means is anyone's guess, but it's an interesting note. Here's the rundown:

Characters in CIVIL WAR:

Pretty much every Avengers character that DOESN'T have their own franchise is going to appear in CIVIL WAR. Some we already know about, including Cap (obviously), Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. We can also confirm the recently rumored Scarlet Witch, as well as The Vision, War Machine, and even Ant-Man. The non-hero villains are, as already confirmed, Baron Zemo and Crossbones. Now, our source also indicated that this roster has some wiggle room, so there's always the chance that a few may be shuffled out at some point, but right now this IS the plan. As for Spider-Man; Marvel is playing it close to the chest, so there's no info on how he's involved...yet. In terms of who's facing off with who: So far it looks like Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Falcon vs. Iron Man, War Machine, The Vision, and Ant-Man, with the Scarlet Witch and Black Panther somewhere in the mix. Oh, and expect to see Ant-Man take on the Giant-Man form in battle. How cool will that be, eh?

Costumes in CIVIL WAR:

The Falcon will, in fact, be getting a costume upgrade for CIVIL WAR, which will be a modified version of his WINTER SOLDIER suit, but with grey and red colors, as per his comic origins. Captain America will be carrying over a slightly modified version of his AGE OF ULTRON suit, and so far The Winter Soldier will look very much as he did before, long hair and all. The coolest costume news is for Crossbones. Many of us are dying to see ol' Brock Rumlow in his trademark get-up and that will indeed happen. He's described as "messier" and the skull imagery on the suit is described as "graffiti-esque." And yes, he does indeed wear the skull mask that covers his entire face, which is said to be a hybrid mask/helmet. Think Army of Two.

CIVIL WAR story - comics to screen:

In Mark Millar's Civil War story the catalyst that sets off the "Civil War" is when the New Warriors destroy several city blocks in an attempt to apprehend a supervillain, causing the deaths of more than 600 civilians, prompting the Superhero Registration Act, which requires all superpowered beings to register with the government, reveal thier secret identities, and receive "proper" training and operate under the employ of S.H.I.E.L.D. Obviously, this has to be changed for the MCU version, and this is the basic premise; Instead of the New Warriors being the catalyst for the Superhero Registration Act, it will be Crossbones (in costume) who will be the catalyst that kicks off the film, instigating an attack that causes much death and destruction, causing the government to step in and put out the Superhero Registration Act.

The other element that will be a key focus is The Winter Soldier, whose existence is the big question as he has the ability to be a hero, but has also been a villain. This causes the main rift between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, as the disagreement leads them to opposing sides. The main thrust, as in the comics, looks to be "if there is a threat - should The Avengers show up, is it their place to do so, and what gives them the authority to do so?"

BLACK PANTHER in CIVIL WAR:

We all know that Chadwick Boseman will appear in CIVIL WAR, but his role in the war isn't one-sided as he'll have his own agenda in the film. There's been speculation that he'd take the Spider-Man role as it plays out in the comics, but that doesn't look to be the case. Either way, his involvement will still be significant.

DOCTOR STRANGE

We've been waiting to see Stephen Strange make his MCU appearance for a long time and with director Scott Derrickson lined up to direct and Benedict Cumberbatch set as the Sorcerer Supreme the big question now turns to how they'll handle it. We've got some cool info to build off of what we already know, including what kind of costume the good doctor will be rockin'. Here's the details:

Doc Strange and the Classic Costume:

Yep, DOCTOR STRANGE will be wearing the traditional outfit from the comics, complete with the red cape (albeit with a much smaller collar) and blue outfit. He will also have a vest of some sort, but either way will be going for an MCU version of the classic costume, which should be a relief for those that feared Marvel may not adhere to the traditional look.

Doc Strange villains:

As has been reported before via Latino Review, the main villains of the film will be Dormammu and Baron Mordo. Dormammu will also be leading an army of zealots, which is most likely the Mindless Ones that have already been rumored as well. They are described as looking humanoid but made out of stone and cut into tiny layers. Consider this another log on that already burning fire of info.

Doc Strange locales:

The look and design of Doctor Strange is said to be on a whole other visual level, with plenty of use of astral projections and levitation, etc. Much of the action will take place "between dimensions" with lots of wild "Inception-like visuals." Ultimately, what you'd hope and expect to see in a Doc Strange flick.

And that's it! Some interesting details that should keep the Marvel hype machine going and certainly enough to garner some post AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON excitement. Keep in mind that a lot of this stuff is still in development and/or just going into production so there's always the possibility that some of these details could change in the process. That said, this is what's on the books for now.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...t-man-more-227

How good is the source? Solid?
Old 04-16-15, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,171 Likes on 913 Posts

Those spoilers aren't anything that crazy and aren't giving away that much really. I'm liking what's there though.
Old 04-21-15, 08:37 AM

<iframe src="http://player.complex.com/tv/iframe?pId=26aa5f02d93f4c05a4546f6d5ecb59b7&cId=81NGdodDrqCAPAyggqDvAPR3dyPPIFFc&adSetCode=67a3ff9d3a842ae818bb9de1badc5b0&site=collider&kw="width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe><noscript>
Please enable Javascript to watch this video
</noscript>

Marvel has become a fan of Adam McKay. They courted him to direct Ant-Man after Edgar Wright left the project, and although Peyton Reed ultimately took the gig, McKay did work on the script alongside star Paul Rudd.

The studio is still high on the Anchorman director, and last month there were rumblings that McKay might be on board for a Marvel flick with Inhumans being the most likely candidate.

Steve interviewed Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige at the press day for Avengers: Age of Ultron, and got some confirmation on the studio’s interest in McKay as well as the plot of Inhumans.

“Adam McKay is in the running for everything. Adam McKay is a great, great writer and director,” said Feige. “He did an amazing pass on the Ant-Man draft with Paul Rudd for us, and I didn’t know him before then. And we got to know him through that and liked him very much, and have met with him a number of times trying to find something else, so we’ve talked about a lot of characters with him.

The remaining films in Phase Three that don’t have a director are Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Inhumans. It would be great if a woman directed Captain Marvel, and a black filmmaker directed Black Panther, but there’s no mandate that the gender and race, respectively, have to match up with the protagonist. However, Inhumans still feels like a solid guess for where McKay would land if he decided to take on the movie.

Steve also got clarification about the plot of Inhumans. Briefly, in the comics, the Inhumans were created by alien experiments on primitive homo-sapiens. The alien race behind the experiments, the Kree, abandoned their work and the Inhumans went on to form a society of their own, which is led by the king Black Bolt and his family Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal, Maximus the Mad, and the canine Lockjaw. For more on the comics, read Evan’s article.

As for the movie, Steve asked Feige about the rumored logline: “About a group of people that are given powers only to discover they might be part of an alien race.”

Feige responded, “Well I’d say that’s relatively fair, but that’s not official. I’ve never seen that as an official logline.”
http://collider.com/adam-mckay-inhum...e-kevin-feige/
Old 04-21-15, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It's kind of funny that the article points out women writing for Captain Marvel and a black filmmaker direct Black Panther.
Old 04-21-15, 10:46 AM
Banned

Yeah. That's pretty sad news if THAT is an important/fun factor for those guys.
Old 04-21-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I still want the Iron Man with the real Mandarin.
Old 04-21-15, 11:19 AM
Banned

Damn that Hail to the King short. Biggest tease they've done.
Old 04-21-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

I just want Will Ferell to star in whatever Adam McKay directs.

Please be Woodgod.
Old 05-05-15, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tom Hardy would love to play the Punisher:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/tom-...-the-punisher/
Old 05-05-15, 02:09 PM

He'd be a hell of a choice.
Old 05-05-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
He'd be a hell of a choice.
He was my dark horse choice to play DR Strange. If Tom hardy wants into the MCU, you get Tom hardy into the MCU.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.