Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 10-28-14, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Black Panther comes out on my birthday, Dr. Strange the day after my birthday.
Old 10-28-14, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Damn. That is kind of lackluster finale to a phase.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,194 Likes on 928 Posts

Jesus fuck. This is some exciting news thus far.
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Black Panther comes out on my birthday, Dr. Strange the day after my birthday.
Doc Strange comes out on my birthday. I'm fucking excited for it.
Old 10-28-14, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 435 Likes on 296 Posts

Here we go. DC announces 10 movies and everyone boos. Marvel announces 10 movies and everyone cheers.

I'm seeing all of them anyway
Old 10-28-14, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Ant-Man is Phase 2.5.

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Old 10-28-14, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Here we go. DC announces 10 movies and everyone boos. Marvel announces 10 movies and everyone cheers.

I will see them all too. I am much more of a DC fanboy, but I will admit this Marvel news has me much more excited. It's simply because Marvel has proven themselves in the movies. DC has not.
Old 10-28-14, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 830 Likes on 390 Posts

Because Marvel has a track record and there is evidence of a plan. On the flip side, most people aren't confident that DC isn't still throwing stuff up against the wall.
Old 10-28-14, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

DC sent out a press release, Marvel rolls out the red carpet, has the entire party there, introduces the new black panther, have Downey JR facing off versus CHris Evans.

Even without marvel having the established history of the MCU, they rolled out it better.

Plus inviting the fans to come out as well? genius.

Received 4,800 Likes on 3,247 Posts

But where's Black Widow??!?!
DVD Talk Legend

DC seems to be toast. I hate saying it but Marvel is going to clean their clock with all these announcements. Thing is they're able to announce all of these and I have faith that most of these films will be good given Marvel's track record. DC basically wants us to accept their universe on the basis of one film.
DVD Talk Legend

Received 435 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
I will see them all too. I am much more of a DC fanboy, but I will admit this Marvel news has me much more excited. It's simply because Marvel has proven themselves in the movies. DC has not.
And back in the day DC was releasing huge movies when Marvel was going straight to video ala Captain America and Punisher. But to Marvel's credit, they were the first to have the shared universe.

If only DC had done that first. Nolan trilogy, 2 Superman's, Green Lantern and several TV shows all in 9 years and none connected
Old 10-28-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
maybe she dies.
Old 10-28-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

From the Q&A -

Question about Civil War in the comics and how they will do it in the cinematic universe
3:02

Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who.
Seems like basically what a few of us were saying would happen.

"Like Hulk, her role will be in the Avengers films"

Feige emphasizes that there are plans in which Black Widow is a key, key role
Old 10-28-14, 02:08 PM

Received 4,800 Likes on 3,247 Posts

Thanks for that fumanstan

So I guess we should start some individual threads?
Old 10-28-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-28-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am disappointed to not see a Hulk solo film to be honest. It would be nice getting a Black Widow film too but she seems like a character who works better teamed with other characters. Not sure how popular a film soley based on her would do as much as I love the character and ScarJo.
Old 10-28-14, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

No announcement about Spider-Man. Maybe Black Panther is taking that part in the Civil War story.
Old 10-28-14, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Go go go go.

lol.

We have an actor for BP. Feige says we will have a director for Captain Marvel before an actor.
Old 10-28-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
No announcement about Spider-Man. Maybe Black Panther is taking that part in the Civil War story.
Feige says either its not true, or they are not ready to announce it yet.
Old 10-28-14, 02:15 PM
Banned

With all these upcoming movies, should we have a MCU subforum? Or maybe a comic movie subforum since there are tons more comic movies other than the MCU?
Old 10-28-14, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Then we'd have to start a Science Fiction movie sub-forum. An Action sub-forum. A Drama sub-forum.

One movie forum is fine.
Old 10-28-14, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Feige says either its not true, or they are not ready to announce it yet.
I'm simultaneously sad and happy they didn't announce Spidey. It makes me happy because if Spidey is coming I would much rather see it announced in a post-credit scene of Age of Ultron or something. That would be much more epic.
Old 10-28-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1,093 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I am disappointed to not see a Hulk solo film to be honest. It would be nice getting a Black Widow film too but she seems like a character who works better teamed with other characters. Not sure how popular a film soley based on her would do as much as I love the character and ScarJo.
Lucy made $400+ million, so I have no reason to believe a Black Widow film wouldn't be popular. Especially when riding the Marvel hype machine. That said, as much as I like Johansson in general, I kind of hate her Black Widow. I really like the Widow character and think she's completely wrong for the part. I can let it go when she's just a supporting character, but I don't think I'd want to see a film centered around her.
Old 10-28-14, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Then we'd have to start a Science Fiction movie sub-forum. An Action sub-forum. A Drama sub-forum.

One movie forum is fine.
I think the number of upcoming comic movies outweighs all those other genres combined though.

10 MCU movies
DCCU movies
Spidey, Sinister Six, Venom
X-Men Apocalypse
Wolverine 3
Fantastic Four

That's like 30 movies right there, plus whatever else I might be forgetting.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.