Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 10-20-14, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Technically they should have put Shazam under New Line but... yeah.... it's owned by WB.
Old 10-24-14, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Marvel hosting Mystery Event at El Capitan next Tuesday.
Old 10-26-14, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd say the safe bet is they announce the title for Captain America 3 and/or dates for Phase 3.
Old 10-27-14, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Maybe they made a deal with Sony for Spider-Man appearances?

If they're going to use the character, they need to get their shit together now to plan, write, etc.

Last edited by Double_Oh_7; 10-27-14 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-27-14, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe it is that, could also be the cumberbatch announcement as well (According to the Deadline story).
Old 10-27-14, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seems like something is going down, marvel studios has set up a live blog on their site tomorrow at 11am PST http://marvel.com/news/movies/23537/...event_liveblog
Old 10-27-14, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My prediction:

Squirrel Girl gets a solo movie in 2018.

Then we all know how Thanos will be defeated...

Spoiler:
Old 10-27-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty
can't say why because I won't spoil it, but I'm now a lot more excited for tomorrow's Marvel event. Think it's going to be a fun morning.
Old 10-27-14, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Maybe they'll finally announce Joaquin Phoenix for Dr. Strange.
Old 10-27-14, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Maybe they'll finally announce Joaquin Phoenix for Dr. Strange.
Old 10-27-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,186 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Maybe they made a deal with Sony for Spider-Man appearances?

If they're going to use the character, they need to get their shit together now to plan, write, etc.
It'd be awesome if it is that. You have to think that even though they've planned the MCU without Spidey (and other non Marvel Stuidos characters) that they have some ideas for what they would do with those characters if something was to ever change. I think it'd be relatively easy to integrate Spider-Man into the MCU.
Old 10-27-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe they will have the expected stuff, BC as strange, phase 3 announced, then have spider man drop in from ceiling.
Old 10-28-14, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm
Disney is providing Press with Wifi at the Marvel event (not a norm for the movie theatre setting), seems to suggest news will be breaking.
Old 10-28-14, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Maybe they will have the expected stuff, BC as strange, phase 3 announced, then have spider man drop in from ceiling.
Hasn't the majority of phase 3 already been announced? Ant-Man, Cap 3, GOTG 2, and Dr Strange are all confirmed phase 3 movies.

I don't think they have ever called a press conference to announce the casting of other actors, so I doubt this is about the casting of Dr Strange either.

Spider-Man coming to the MCU seems like the most likely thing, although that is really just fanboy wishful thinking.

Whatever it is, calling a press conference means it's much bigger than announcing the casting of an actor or the name of an upcoming movie.
Old 10-28-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't know if I like the new avatar Taffer. I already miss that chubby lad.
Old 10-28-14, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 160 Posts

Looking forward to this, I'm guessing:

Dr Strange actor and release date confirmation (plus maybe some story details), Avengers 3 plans - will it be split? (2018 and 19) Maybe an extended look at other titles planned - Black Panther?

A "one more thing" Spidey surprise would be cool. I imagine for Sony to agree, it'd have to be Garfield still... to help boost their own series.
Old 10-28-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
Hasn't the majority of phase 3 already been announced? Ant-Man, Cap 3, GOTG 2, and Dr Strange are all confirmed phase 3 movies.

I don't think they have ever called a press conference to announce the casting of other actors, so I doubt this is about the casting of Dr Strange either.

Spider-Man coming to the MCU seems like the most likely thing, although that is really just fanboy wishful thinking.

Whatever it is, calling a press conference means it's much bigger than announcing the casting of an actor or the name of an upcoming movie.

A few of the phase 3 movies have been announced.

But there are still a ton of holes in the schedule (BP? Inhumans? Planet Hulk?)

Could also get a Cap 3 title name. Could be a combo.

Maybe they have also casted a BP actor as well, have both DS and BP in attendance. That could be fun.

Obviously Spidey would turn the whole thing on its ear, but I'll be excited for any of the above.
Old 10-28-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe they're going to run down their entire slate up to the end of Phase 3 including television updates? Agent Carter trailer. Daredevil trailer. Actors announced for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Officially announce Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. Let the world know who's going to play Carol Danvers. Give Captain America 3 a name. Ant-Man teaser. Then close with the Sony-Marvel Spider-Man announcement.

More than likely, all the hoopla is for a new Squirrel Girl television series.
Old 10-28-14, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
Don't know if I like the new avatar Taffer. I already miss that chubby lad.
Yeah, I was experimenting with some new avatars, but I don't like any of them nearly as much as the chubby kid doing the splits. So I'm going back to it.

A few of the phase 3 movies have been announced.

But there are still a ton of holes in the schedule (BP? Inhumans? Planet Hulk?)
They have dates through the 2020s, but those aren't all phase 3 movies. Phase 1 was six movies. Phase 2 was five movies. We have four confirmed movies in phase 3. (Five if you want to count Avengers 3 which hasn't technically been confirmed yet.) That's the majority of phase 3, not just a few. Ant-Man is 2015. Cap 3 and Dr Strange are 2016. GOTG 2 is 2017 and one other unannounced 2017 movie. Then Avengers 3 will most likely be 2018 and end phase 3.
Old 10-28-14, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dan Slott ‏@DanSlott 2h2 hours ago

Set your watch. Your next Spider-Man related freak out is on the way... :-O

Uhhh ^^^^^
Old 10-28-14, 12:47 PM
Banned

Dan Slott ‏@DanSlott 2h2 hours ago

Set your watch. Your next Spider-Man related freak out is on the way... :-O

Uhhh ^^^^^
Dan Slott is the current writer of the Amazing Spider-Man comic book. He has nothing to do with the movies.

There is a big Spider-Man event going on right now called Spider-Verse which features all the alternate universe Spider-Men together. The rumor is that
Spoiler:
at the end of Spider-Verse the main universe Peter Parker is going to be replaced by Gwen Stacy from an alternate universe who is that universe's Spider-Girl
Old 10-28-14, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Being a writer, he could have knowledge of what's to come related to the movies. Unless there's going to be comic book news today that would cause any freak outs.
Old 10-28-14, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Being a writer, he could have knowledge of what's to come related to the movies. Unless there's going to be comic book news today that would cause any freak outs.
The rumor in my spoiler tags is causing the comic community to freak out big time. If the rumor is confirmed to be true, expect the internet to explode.
Old 10-28-14, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
The rumor in my spoiler tags is causing the comic community to freak out big time. If the rumor is confirmed to be true, expect the internet to explode.
Except that's not new, that was out days ago wasn't it? No reason for someone to "set their watch" for it.
Old 10-28-14, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Live blog is now up at marvel.com.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.