Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 08-24-14, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

I would love him to play Thunderbolt Ross's colleague, General Chatter.
Old 08-24-14, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
He's a cool genre guy. Dunno if he'd fit but it would be interesting.
Is the same thing we say about most of the director's Marvel taps...

I love Neil Marshall, so him getting to play with Marvels toys would be great.
Old 08-24-14, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Daniel Radcliffe to play Dr Strange. Another magical guy for Daniel. They even make the spells almost HP spells. Esspresso-paromos!!
Old 08-25-14, 04:46 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dunno about that. Strange's magic has some wild stuff that has to be said.
Old 08-25-14, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,752 Posts

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/08/25/ga...dc2744e82ab8f3

Neil Marshall says he would be interested in directing a Black Widow movie.

I would love to do a Black Widow movie. That’s perfect, I would love to do that. That character is really interesting, she doesn’t have any superpowers, she just has extraordinary skills, and the world that she comes from, being this ex-K.G.B. assassin, I find that really fascinating.
Old 08-25-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 792 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/08/25/ga...dc2744e82ab8f3

Neil Marshall says he would be interested in directing a Black Widow movie.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12208415-post423.html
Old 08-28-14, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Captain America to form new Avengers Squad heading into Phase 3..with perhaps Captain Marvel?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/28/a...aptain-marvel/

And so it shall be on film. At the end of Age of Ultron Cap will assemble a team that is a mix of familiar and new faces, leading forward into Phase Three. It's an exciting mission statement for Marvel Studios, letting audiences know that the Avengers team is more than just the guys who were in the first film. The make-up of that team is, technically, up in the air until that scene is shot (I suspect it's being saved for either scheduled reshoots or will be snuck into the schedule of Captain America 3, which goes before cameras early next year), but Joss Whedon's script did indicate who would be on that team. I won't reveal all the names - and some have changed in between drafts, by the way - but one character who has always been in this new team is Captain Marvel.

Now, this is an end of the movie cameo. This isn't a big part of the movie. This new version of The Avengers isn't involved in an action sequence or anything. So changing the characters can be done up until the last minute without hurting the story itself. What this bit accomplishes is basically pointing the way to Phase Three, saying "These characters will be important."
Old 09-02-14, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stan Lee "confirms" Black Panther:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marve...Lee-66993.html

The chances are she will have her own movie because eventually all the superheroes are going to have their own movies. They are already working on Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and the Black Panther, and there are others I am not allowed to talk about."
Old 09-07-14, 03:27 PM

Received 4,754 Likes on 3,220 Posts

Don’t hold your breath, Tony Stark fans.

In a new interview with Variety, Robert Downey Jr. shot down speculation about a fourth “Iron Man” movie.

“There isn’t one in the pipe,” Downey said. “No, there’s no plan for a fourth ‘Iron Man.'”

The actor, in Toronto to promote his new film “The Judge,” signed with Marvel and Disney for two “Avengers” sequels, which hit theaters summer 2015 and 2018, but has been reluctant to commit to any more superhero films.

When asked if he would “let” somebody else play Tony Stark, Downey laughed off the idea.

“I like that the idea is that it would be up to me, like I’m casting director for Marvel,” he said.

“Don’t give it to anybody else,” his “Judge” costar Robert Duvall advised.

Downey did joke about the possibility of “The Judge” being a trilogy when talking about how much he cherished working with Duvall.

“Maybe it’ll be trilogy, like that other series he was in,” he joked. “I heard two of those were good.”

“The Avengers: Age of Ultron” recently wrapped filming in the U.K. with director Joss Whedon and original cast members of the box office sensation.

It opens May 1, 2015.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ro...-4-1201299776/
Old 09-07-14, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Captain America to form new Avengers Squad heading into Phase 3..with perhaps Captain Marvel?
Surprised they're moving so fast with bringing in new characters (rather than introducing them in Avengers 3, solo films in phase 4, etc) but I suppose they don't want phase 4 to feel like a huge change (downgrade?) in lesser known characters and actors.
Old 09-07-14, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

I don't get actors wanting to do other stuff. RDJ can do a stupid IM movie or Avengers movie every 3 years or so, make $30 million and have his pick of other projects to do. Screw artistic integrity. Ride the franchise into the ground, making every penny you can in the process.
Old 09-07-14, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,186 Likes on 923 Posts

I dunno I guess I can see both sides though. On the one hand we as fans want him in the role as long as possible, but he'll have done it six times if everything goes as planned. That's a lot of times to play the same character so maybe he wants to just move on before it gets stale (either he's tired of it or the films go down in quality). The way Marvel is moving to me feels smart because they're introducing new characters and keeping their universe fresh rather than just rehashing the same characters over and over. I ultimately think that will add to their longevity and success if they keep going the way they are.
Old 09-07-14, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RDJ doesn't say he will never do another Iron Man movie, just that there are no plans for it in the foreseeable future. That pretty much means no Iron Man movie in phase 3, but that's all it means. I seriously doubt they have started planning phase 4 yet, so we could see Iron Man 4 then.

I don't think anyone was expecting Iron Man 4 in phase 3 anyway. We already have four of the phase 3 movies confirmed:

Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Cap 3
GOTG 2

There will likely be a Thor 3 as well. And that will probably be it for phase 3.
Old 09-07-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

All he has to say is "I Dunno" and see what kind of payday Marvel offers him again. I can see he loves that character though. He is always posting Iron Man stuff online.
Old 09-07-14, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
All he has to say is "I Dunno" and see what kind of payday Marvel offers him again. I can see he loves that character though. He is always posting Iron Man stuff online.
Next to Jackman as Wolverine, he was the perfect casting choice for a comic book character. I'd like to see him in the MCU until its over.
Old 09-08-14, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Next to Jackman as Wolverine, he was the perfect casting choice for a comic book character. I'd like to see him in the MCU until its over.
JK Simmons was also the perfect J Jonah Jameson. The ASM movies would be improved tenfold if they would have gotten him back.
Old 09-08-14, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 160 Posts

Wouldn't be surprised to see an Iron Man 4 eventually, esp if any kind of decline starts to happen in phase 4, 5... An older Tony Stark storyline would be cool.
Old 09-08-14, 06:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deftones
I don't get actors wanting to do other stuff. RDJ can do a stupid IM movie or Avengers movie every 3 years or so, make $30 million and have his pick of other projects to do. Screw artistic integrity. Ride the franchise into the ground, making every penny you can in the process.
That's a foolish comment to make.

RDJr seems like the type of guy that has to like what he does. Crap or not. People, not only actors, can get stale doing the same thing a lot. If he wanted out cuz he just didn't want to do it. That's his thing. He's a very bold character of a man that has made Stark his character as much as he is himself. Which is great and also and unexpected outcome of him having the role, on our part.

Maybe some do mind when they hit their own personal goals of quality? Whatever that may be.
Old 09-08-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
That's a foolish comment to make.

RDJr seems like the type of guy that has to like what he does. Crap or not. People, not only actors, can get stale doing the same thing a lot. If he wanted out cuz he just didn't want to do it. That's his thing. He's a very bold character of a man that has made Stark his character as much as he is himself. Which is great and also and unexpected outcome of him having the role, on our part.

Maybe some do mind when they hit their own personal goals of quality? Whatever that may be.
why is it foolish? being an actor isn't hard work, despite what some actors say. why not milk the shit out of something until it is dead? it is fine for people to move on from things. i have no problem with it. but i do question why move on when a company is still willing to pay wheelbarrows full of cash to continue the role.
Old 09-08-14, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I think this is very smart by Marvel. Instead of running characters into the ground and people getting bored of them, they are mixing up the Avengers and giving Iron Man a break. I expect an Iron Man 4 will come through, but not until something like a Phase 4 gets going. People will appreciate seeing him in the Avengers movies, but will only see a limited amount of screen time for the character over the coming years. After Cap 3 and Thor 3 i expect those characters to also be put on the back burner and maybe only small cameos from them in subsequent Phase 4, 5 etc onwards. Of course they may also kill Cap off.....
Old 09-08-14, 08:26 AM

Received 4,754 Likes on 3,220 Posts

Yup. Id much rather each of this big characters get their respected trilogies, plus Avengers appearances, and then make way for new characters. I'd be fine with no IM4.
Old 09-08-14, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently Jessica Chastain wanted to be Black Widow:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/31...uperhero-movie

And she dropped out of the role of Maya Hansen, because:
A couple of times Iíve gotten really close. The problem is, if I do a superhero movie, I donít want to be the girlfriend. I donít want to be the daughter. I want to wear a f***ing cool costume with a scar on my face, with fight scenes. Thatís what Iíd love
Uhh...Captain Marvel? Angela?
Old 09-08-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 224 Likes on 173 Posts

If it weren't for so many saying she's too old, I would have thought Chastain a good choice for Scarlet Witch. Isn't Captain Marvel a black woman?
Old 09-08-14, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

Strong and proud.
Old 09-08-14, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
If it weren't for so many saying she's too old, I would have thought Chastain a good choice for Scarlet Witch. Isn't Captain Marvel a black woman?
The title has been used by different people. Male and female.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.