Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 08-19-14, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Never heard of Joshua Jackson.
All of us nerds hated him when he was on Dawson's Creek, then we loved him when he was on Fringe.
Old 08-19-14, 03:14 PM

Received 4,678 Likes on 3,168 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
All of us nerds hated him when he was on Dawson's Creek, then we loved him when he was on Fringe.
But loved him when he was a Mighty Duck!
Old 08-19-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know this is mostly TV news but Adrianne Palicki has been cast Mockingbird. Definitely someone that could transition to future movies down the road (+ her ties to Hawkeye)
Old 08-19-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 745 Likes on 545 Posts

I look forward to the West Coast Avengers movie...
Old 08-19-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Well you pretty much have all the people lined up (Scarlet Witch, Vision etc etc)
Old 08-19-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Who's missing? Tigra and Wonder Man? I loved how Rom always appears as a possibility when the Avenger's books were including a new member.
Old 08-19-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who's missing? Tigra and Wonder Man? I loved how Rom always appears as a possibility when the Avenger's books were including a new member.

Well lots of Cross over potential with future GOTG/Inhumans (Medusa/Mantis)

Original lineup was Hawk Eye (renner), War Machine (Cheadle), Mockingbird (Palicki), Tigra, Wonder Man.

Then you could add Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Moon Knight, Quiksilver, Spider-Woman
Old 08-19-14, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

God. If they could include WM and make it work? They can have all my money. That's worth it alone. Cheesy WM is awesome. Badass Purple WM is awesome too. Damn right intimidating at times.
Old 08-19-14, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Isn't ROM tied up in some bizarre rights issue by someone who thinks it's a far more valuable property than it actually is?
Old 08-19-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Isn't ROM tied up in some bizarre rights issue by someone who thinks it's a far more valuable property than it actually is?
Yeah, ROM is owned by Hasbro. They created the character's look, then had Marvel flesh it out. So Marvel owns the character's back story and all his villains and supporting cast, Hasbro owns the look and name.
Old 08-19-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess Marvel can always do a Spaceknight movie and not mention Rom as everything created from the comic other than Rom is their's to use? I don't know what Parker Bros is doing with the license.
Old 08-19-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Man, i've never even heard of Rom.
Old 08-19-14, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Exactly, he's been excised from the Marvel universe.
Old 08-19-14, 05:45 PM
Banned

I actually only know him from comic covers.
Old 08-19-14, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had issues 1 - 52. Never bought the toy. And the Dire Wraiths would occasionally be the foil in other Marvel titles.
Old 08-19-14, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is my ultimate MCU picture, that and Fantastic Four were always my favorite books.
Old 08-19-14, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 704 Likes on 434 Posts

WCA was a great book

I'd love to see a live action Emperor Doom... too bad that can't happen (for now).
Old 08-19-14, 09:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great Lakes Avengers or no kishka!
Old 08-20-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
It was a space toy that was the wrong size to interact with Star Wars figures and a comic book I bought when I could have been spending my money on Frank Miller's Daredevil run.
Old 08-20-14, 05:32 PM
Banned

Damn. That sucks.
Old 08-20-14, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It was a space toy that was the wrong size to interact with Star Wars figures and a comic book I bought when I could have been spending my money on Frank Miller's Daredevil run.
Oh, now that sounds familiar.
Old 08-20-14, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 704 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Great Lakes Avengers or no kishka!
Shows what you know. I got an abandoned toilet FILLED with gribenes!
Old 08-22-14, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Neil Marshall would love to direct A Black Widow Solo film (Game of Thrones Spoilers as well so be careful if you are not caught up):

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...ones-interview

Since you mention Scarlett Johansson and no superpowers, what about a Black Widow movie?

I would love to do a Black Widow movie. Thatís perfect, I would love to do that. That character is really interesting, she doesnít have any superpowers, she just has extraordinary skills, and the world that she comes from, being this ex-K.G.B. assassin, I find that really fascinating, yeah.
Old 08-24-14, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Daniel Radcliffe recently talked to Marvel, General Chatter? Or could he play a role? Not sure which:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/24...ked-to-marvel/
Old 08-24-14, 06:26 AM
Banned

Neil Marshall would love to direct A Black Widow Solo film (Game of Thrones Spoilers as well so be careful if you are not caught up):

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...ones-interview
He's a cool genre guy. Dunno if he'd fit but it would be interesting.

Daniel Radcliffe recently talked to Marvel, General Chatter? Or could he play a role? Not sure which:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/24...ked-to-marvel/
That'd be interesting. He's a solid actor from what I've seen of him out of the potter films. Glad to see that his talent was able to overcome his massive world recognition as Harry Potter. Watson too. What's the Ron guy been up to?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.