Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 05-01-14, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - Rumors, casting, et

But isn't RDJr fighting the Marvel money men on how actors get paid? Has that had any move forward.
Old 05-01-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 830 Likes on 390 Posts
Re: Future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - Rumors, casting, et

Nobody gets a merch cut, not even RDJ.
Old 05-02-14, 10:28 AM

Received 4,800 Likes on 3,247 Posts

Lou Ferrigno continues to say there will be a solo Hulk movie after Avengers 2.

Speaking of Hulk and the proposed sequels that seemingly fell off the slate once they recast the character for a third time, Lou Ferrigno told a local radio station in Minnesota that Marvel is- indeed- planning another solo film. After talking about how Ruffalo's Hulk was the "star of the movie" in the first Avengers, claiming he "saved the day," the actor said, "Now because he saved the day they're making another solo Hulk movie after the second Avengers comes out."

Many have wondered if Marvel would revisit the Hulk as a solo franchise after the raucous reception to his appearance in The Avengers. It's also been a mystery if they'd pick up where Ed Norton's film ended, or if they'd start fresh (again). But with Norton's version being officially part of the MCU's canon, with Robert Downey Jr appearing at the end of it, and Ruffalo referring to that film's climax in Avengers, it's going to be interesting to see how they continue the story. Will Liv Tyler be brought back? William Hurt? With Tim Blake Nelson joining Fantastic Four that seemingly rules out his Leader being used. With Marvel teasing Iron Man's "Hulkbuster" suit last month, could a trip to Planet Hulk be on the way?
http://www.latino-review.com/news/ti...our-hulk-movie
Old 05-02-14, 11:05 AM
Banned

Planet Hulk makes no sense so far in the MCU. Don't know why people would want that anyway. This Hulk has nowhere near the history to where that would be easy to pull off.
Old 05-02-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 375 Likes on 269 Posts

Why would they pick up where Incredible Hulk ended, rather than where Avengers ended? Whoever is speculating that must be a clueless writer for Latino Review.
Old 05-02-14, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 830 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Why would they pick up where Incredible Hulk ended, rather than where Avengers ended? Whoever is speculating that must be a clueless writer for Latino Review.
I think the questions about the supporting cast are warranted, supporting cast members disappeared in Avengers (except for Pepper), and re-appeared in subsequent solo sequels. You would probably expect Betty to be in any solo Hulk movie, and might be weird to see Ruffalo with Liv Tyler. But yeah, as far as picking up where TIH left off, we've moved past that.
Old 05-02-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Planet Hulk makes no sense so far in the MCU. Don't know why people would want that anyway. This Hulk has nowhere near the history to where that would be easy to pull off.
I don't think there needs to be, other then Hulk can't be controlled and causes too much destruction

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I think it meant more along the lines of the cast like Obi-Wan mentioned or a 'soft' reboot, not so much continuing where the actual plot of the movie left off. That's why there's the (again) in parenthesis.
Old 05-22-14, 09:28 AM

Eden Sher, star of ABC's The Middle, took part in a meeting with Marvel Studios yesterday, and it sounds like it went well. How do we know this? Twitter, of course. Both Eden Sher and Marvel tweeted they had a meeting, and although Marvel does say it was to talk about The Middle season finale (but if that's the case why did it end up being 3 hours long?), one of Sher's tweets is directed at Sana Amanat, a Marvel editor and one of the creators of Kamala Khan, the newest Ms. Marvel.

@edensher
Went to marvel offices at noon for a "15 minute meeting." 3 hrs and 80 lbs of issues later, here I am paralyzed from excitement.

@Marvel
Actress @edensher visited Marvel today to pick up some comics, talk tonight's season finale of @TheMiddle_ABC & more!

@edensher
@MiniB622 literally mad that walking is keeping me from starting Ms. Marvel rn. TYVM 4 the issues. Promise next time I see you I won't cry.

sana amanat @MiniB622
@edensher you are so my new favorite person.

Many think the meeting was about Eden Sher possibly playing Ms. Marvel, however Marvel might also be eyeing her to play Jessica Jones in their new Netflix series. But just because Sher has had a meeting with Marvel doesn't mean she will definitely be appearing in something for the studio, and some also believe the actress was just there to promote her television series.
See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-....8pEYtlkk.dpuf
Old 05-22-14, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that is not Ms Marvel, or if it is, It won't be on the big screen. Jessica Jones on Netflix makes much more sense.
Old 05-22-14, 01:56 PM
Banned

Never heard of the actress or the show. Either of them good?

Btw... Is Kamala Khan a good character? She seemed neat. And I like that she's ethnically different. Always kind of neat when Marvel adds a character, that turns out good, of a different race to the 616. I still need to catch up on carol Danvers adventures. Really like that character.
Old 05-22-14, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 889 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Yeah that is not Ms Marvel, or if it is, It won't be on the big screen. Jessica Jones on Netflix makes much more sense.
That is what I think as well, she's no Ms. Marvel.
Old 05-22-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 715 Likes on 439 Posts

Not much to look at, but I've never seen her acting so I don't know what kind of chops/presence she brings. Can anyone elucidate?
Old 05-22-14, 02:49 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eden Sher? The Middle?? Da fuq???
Old 05-22-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Eden Sher? The Middle?? Da fuq???
The lead young people on Agents of SHIELD have barely been in anything and that show seemed to have a lot of money behind it; this is probably for a Netflix show. Also there is a resemblance.
Old 05-22-14, 03:16 PM

Definite resemblance.
Old 05-22-14, 03:27 PM
Banned by request

Yeah, but she's an awful actress.
Old 05-22-14, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 584 Posts

Well, she plays such an awful character. It's really hard to determine what kind of acting chops she has.
Old 06-07-14, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

9 Marvel Trademarks:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/05/...ne-ups-1459989

Age Of Ultron, Alpha Flight, Black Panther, Guardians Of The Galaxy, New Warriors, Rocket Raccoon, Strikeforce Morituri, Journey Into Mystery, Irredeemable Ant Man
Old 06-07-14, 01:47 AM
Banned by request

Alpha Flight? Huh.
Old 06-07-14, 02:01 AM
Banned

I seriously thought that was with Fox.
Old 06-07-14, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,395 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Yeah, but she's an awful actress.
she's only awful because that's the character she's playing, who is annoying as fuck. i think that makes her a good actress. and if you look at her all made up without looking like sue heck, she's actually a pretty good looking girl.
Old 06-07-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I seriously thought that was with Fox.
They are attributing that to big hero six which is coming from marvel, and big hero six is an off shoot of alpha flight
Old 06-07-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not that familiar with Alpha Flight other then they are Canada's superhero team. They are run by the govt so more Avengers then X-Men. Are they mutants? If they are, I figure Marvel won't use the 'M' word.
Old 06-07-14, 12:09 PM
Banned

Have had a soft spot for Alpha Flight.

I always liked Vindicator's look. Sasquatch would be awesome to see. Not sure how Puck would look cuz well... He's built much more differently than the midget that could portray him.

It would be interesting and neat to see the reaction of the world were we to get the gay member of the team in a film.Saying that, I never really cared for him and his sister. Always made me chuckle that he had a fuck with Hercules. Hercules, that man loves to fuck.
Old 06-08-14, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess that explains the return of Strikeforce: Morituri in recent issues of X-Force.

As for Alpha Flight, I was surprised when they made mention of Department H in Agents of SHIELD, since Guardian and Vindicator were already (very loosely) adapted by Fox in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the classic Alpha Flight characters are shared characters like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.