Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Old 03-03-14, 11:18 AM

Received 4,474 Likes on 3,035 Posts
Re: Future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - Rumors, casting, et

Though James Spader will play The Avengers: Age of Ultron's titular villain, Thomas Kretschmann joined the cast in January as the sequel's “initial” threat, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Talking with B.Z. Berlin last week, the German actor commented on his role and confirmed it to span multiple films. “That's great of course,” he said. “I have a multi-picture deal which means I will not only appear in the 2nd part, but they're planning with me for a longer period of time. But I don't know details yet, they're keeping their cards close to their chest - top secret!” The King Kong actor was asked if the big-budget film made him nervous. “Oh yes, I was nervous,” he admits. “I was overprepared; then on the set I went up to Joss Whedon, who passes for a genius, and said 'this is my first day, this is huge, please have patience with me, I'm a bit nervous.'”

Principal photography on Age of Ultron doesn't start until later this month, so it's intriguing that Kretschmann may have already filmed some scenes as Baron von Strucker and under Whedon's direction. Considering the actor is contracted to play the Captain America foe in multiple films, and next month's The Winter Soldier is said to set up The Avengers sequel, perhaps we'll see Strucker sooner than we think… (and maybe even in the all-but-confirmed Captain America 3). Regardless, in addition to being the initial villain of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Baron von Strucker is also said to be responsible for bringing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into contact with our mightiest heroes.
Old 03-03-14, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects discussion thread - Rumors, casting, et

Nice. Cap 3 maybe? Cuz they've a history in the comics. Also Hail Hydra!
Old 04-03-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Studio plan mapped out until 2028
Old 04-03-14, 10:31 AM

Received 4,474 Likes on 3,035 Posts

Whoa....
Old 04-03-14, 10:53 AM
Banned

Jesus Christ.
Old 04-03-14, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow.
Old 04-03-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Jesus.

it does mention that Feige doesn’t expect to ever recover the rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men (currently held by Sony and Fox, respectively)
Something needs to be done about this though. Something involving Disney's checkbook.
Old 04-03-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 183 Likes on 127 Posts

It's because Mike86 keeps supporting the Marc Webb Spider-Man movies.
Old 04-03-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

That's impressive, although obviously 1 or 2 bombs could change those plans pretty easily. I love that Marvel is planning ahead like that.

Makes me wonder if WB/DC even has plans for 2014 yet.
Old 04-03-14, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stingermck
Jesus.

Something needs to be done about this though. Something involving Disney's checkbook.
Soooo Feige is optimistic about getting the F4?
Old 04-03-14, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Soooo Feige is optimistic about getting the F4?
Maybe he didn't mention it because Spider-Man/X-men are the ones most often brought up?
Old 04-03-14, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 183 Likes on 127 Posts

Because Feige knows that the Fantastic Four are in good hands over at Fox.
Old 04-03-14, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Because Feige knows that the Fantastic Four are in good hands over at Fox.
You're a sick bastard.
Old 04-03-14, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Makes me wonder if WB/DC even has plans for 2014 yet.
Of course they do. Their plans are MOAR BATMAN!
Old 04-03-14, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
Of course they do. Their plans are MOAR BATMAN!
And darker. That's what was wrong with the last movies. Not dark enough.
Old 04-03-14, 03:53 PM
Banned

Seriously though, "more Batman" basically is DC's plan for this year. It's Batman's 75th anniversary. There is a brand new weekly Batman comic this year as well as two animated Batman movies coming out this year. Also the new Arkham Knight video game which will definitely sell some PS4/X1 consoles.
Old 04-04-14, 11:50 AM
Suspended

I still think The Punisher would work as a Dexter type of TV show better than a movie. 12 episodes of Castle taking down gangsters one by one.

Maybe Freddie Prinze, Jr. could play Jigsaw if his audition was as good as they say it was.
Old 04-04-14, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
I still think The Punisher would work as a Dexter type of TV show better than a movie. 12 episodes of Castle taking down gangsters one by one.
A show based on Punisher Max on HBO or Showtime would be awesome.
Old 04-04-14, 04:35 PM
Banned

As long as it took great inspiration from Ennis' work... It'd be awesome.
Old 04-04-14, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,126 Likes on 887 Posts

It's one thing to have a general layout for what they want to do film wise but honestly mapping out films until 2028 seems pretty excessive to me. I have to think that between then and now a lot of factors could possibly change their plans. Who knows if comic book movies will still be big by that point.

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
It's because Mike86 keeps supporting the Marc Webb Spider-Man movies.
Old 04-08-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I'm going to spoiler this because it kind of delves into spoiler territory from future about Captain America in the comics.

So is the thought that once Evans is done with his Captain run (6 movies. so 2 more Avengers, 1 more Captain movie)..that..

Spoiler:
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier is going to take on the role of the new Captain for Phase 3/4 - New Avengers? Apparently Stan is signed up for 9 movies. I also know that Bucky takes on the role of Captain America later.

How would people feel about that?
Old 04-08-14, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
So I'm going to spoiler this because it kind of delves into spoiler territory from future about Captain America in the comics.

So is the thought that once Evans is done with his Captain run (6 movies. so 2 more Avengers, 1 more Captain movie)..that..

Spoiler:
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier is going to take on the role of the new Captain for Phase 3/4 - New Avengers? Apparently Stan is signed up for 9 movies. I also know that Bucky takes on the role of Captain America later.

Spoiler:
I definitely think phase 4 will be "New Avengers." Many of the current actors aren't likely to renew their contracts after Avengers 3, and instead of recasting them, I think Marvel/Disney will just use different characters. We're already seeing the beginning of that with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange in phase 3.

If Thanos is the big bad in Avengers 3, I can definitely see some of the heroes not making it out alive.
Old 04-08-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,171 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe

Spoiler:

Makes perfect sense.
Spoiler:
I wondered the same thing about his 9 picture deal and as to how that would play out.
Old 04-08-14, 11:03 AM
Banned

Yeah. Evans' picture deal... We're in Winter Soldier territory now... Stan's picture deal... And Buck did become Cap.

I actually prefer Rogers as Cap but Barnes internal struggle into living up to him and his own style was very interesting. Brubaker, man. The motherfucker brought back Bucky AND made DD badass again. Also had done good X-Men stuff.
Old 04-08-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah. Evans' picture deal... We're in Winter Soldier territory now... Stan's picture deal... And Buck did become Cap.

I actually prefer Rogers as Cap but Barnes internal struggle into living up to him and his own style was very interesting. Brubaker, man. The motherfucker brought back Bucky AND made DD badass again. Also had done good X-Men stuff.
I'm not sure how much of Brubaker's CAP you read, but after
Spoiler:
Cap died
there were like 9-10 issues with Falcon and Agent 13 that, for me, were some of the best of the run.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.