Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Old 05-28-22, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 364 Likes on 287 Posts
re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Eh, I like time travel movies.
Old 05-28-22, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 242 Likes on 159 Posts
re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Unless it involves sending a terminator back in time to stop Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull from taking place leave the time travel out of Indiana Jones.
Old 05-28-22, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

Well, I know I'll watch it. Probably not in theaters but will watch it. We'll see how the story develops.
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (05-29-22)
Old 06-23-22, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 942 Likes on 589 Posts

Might be Williams' finale score:

John Williams, 90, steps away from film, but not music | AP News

Old 06-23-22, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,730 Posts

That would be fitting. That is a nice article.
Old 06-23-22, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 275 Likes on 214 Posts

Wondered if the article would mention the Boston Pops and it does. Would love to see one last PBS special with him leading the band. Always enjoyed that series, especially when they'd do programs of film music, of course (his and others).

From 2019:

Last edited by Brian T; 06-23-22 at 11:47 AM.
Inhumans99 (06-23-22)
Old 06-23-22, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,423 Posts

I love John Williams and will miss his scores a lot. I knew he was getting older but didnít realize he was 90.

More surprising from that article was outing Harrison Ford as retiring after this movie too.
Old 06-23-22, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,730 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post

More surprising from that article was outing Harrison Ford as retiring after this movie too.
He's doing that Yellowstone TV show with Helen Mirren after this.
GoldenJCJ (06-23-22)
Old 06-23-22, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 635 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Wondered if the article would mention the Boston Pops and it does. Would love to see one last PBS special with him leading the band. Always enjoyed that series, especially when they'd do programs of film music, of course (his and others).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujwxVfYfme8

From 2019:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7pCf38yLak
It's probably been 25+ years, but I went to one of those Williams and the Boston Pops film nights at Tanglewood. The atmosphere was almost like seeing a rock concert, complete with standing ovations and encores and the whole deal (like in the video above). I think there were multiple encores, but the first was definitely the Imperial March, which is probably the most rock star piece in his oeuvre.
Old 06-24-22, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Eh, I like time travel movies.
So do I, but not with Indy.
Old 09-10-22, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by Perkinsun Dzees:
bunkaroo (09-11-22), Cellar Door (09-10-22), John Pannozzi (09-10-22), story (09-10-22)
Old 09-10-22, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,001 Likes on 725 Posts

Never would've thought I'd see that happen.
Old 09-10-22, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,423 Posts

That picture made my day!
Old 09-10-22, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,240 Posts

They dropped a trailer at D23 behind closed doors today, but not online.

I don't even think shitty phone recordings of it have shown up.

Old 09-11-22, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 130 Posts

Imagine if this film could be next year's Maverick.... that would be so awesome! A long overdue sequel that overdelivers. As big a fan as we all are of Spielberg, I think a new director like Mangold is the key.
JeremyM (09-11-22)
Old 09-11-22, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If the rumors I'm hearing about the movie turn out to be true, it definitely won't be the next Maverick...

Audiences are going to be leaving the theaters pissed. The exhibitors would be wise confiscate cigarette lighters from people before they go in so they don't set piles of trash on fire or burn the theaters down.

Honestly, the rumors about the story I've heard are so outlandish I have trouble believing them, but with Disney and Lucasfilm, you never know...
Old 09-11-22, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
If the rumors I'm hearing about the movie turn out to be true, it definitely won't be the next Maverick...

Audiences are going to be leaving the theaters pissed. The exhibitors would be wise confiscate cigarette lighters from people before they go in so they don't set piles of trash on fire or burn the theaters down.

Honestly, the rumors about the story I've heard are so outlandish I have trouble believing them, but with Disney and Lucasfilm, you never know...
So what exactly are these rumors you mention?
Old 09-11-22, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
So what exactly are these rumors you mention?
I really, really have trouble believing it's true, but what I've been hearing is that

Spoiler:

Think twice before going further... if this pans out it's a colossal spoiler...
Spoiler:

Upthread it's mentioned that there will be time travel in the movie.

Apparently, there is some kind of time travel, which will cause Indiana Jones to be killed in the past or have something else happen to him that will completely erase his existence from history, and he will be replaced in the past by the character Phoebe Waller-Bridge is playing.

Which sounds like some kind of horrible, horrible fanfic, but since the time travel element seems to have more or less been confirmed, I fear this is the direction they may take to do some kind of in-continuity hard reboot so they shit out a few more movies with Phoebe Waller-Bridge in the lead.

Old 09-11-22, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I really, really have trouble believing it's true, but what I've been hearing is that

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Apparently, there is some kind of time travel, which will cause Indiana Jones to be killed in the past or have something else happen to him that will completely erase his existence from history, and he will be replaced in the past by the character Phoebe Waller-Bridge is playing.

Which sounds like some kind of horrible, horrible fanfic, but since the time travel element seems to have more or less been confirmed, I fear this is the direction they may take to do some kind of in-continuity hard reboot so they shit out a few more movies with Phoebe Waller-Bridge in the lead.

I don't mind the first bit since it seems like it'd be weird enough to fit in Indy's wheelhouse. However, the latter would be a bad idea. Not because of the actor but because of the event, if true.
John Pannozzi (09-11-22)
Old 09-11-22, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 141 Likes on 108 Posts

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I read those close to a year ago and I would like to think they've re-worked the idea with all of these delays and reshoots. I personally hope those rumors aren't true as it pretty sh&ts all over the fans and what they want, and it doesn't sound like something Ford would agree to before appearing in the movie. I know, there was the case with Han Solo, but that wasn't a character Ford loved liked Indy.
John Pannozzi (09-11-22)
Old 09-11-22, 12:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like something Disney would do. Disney has pulled so much shit, that any crazy rumor sounds true.
Old 09-11-22, 12:59 PM

Received 621 Likes on 422 Posts

I can’t believe that’s true. And here I thought there was no way this could be worse than Crystal Skull.
Old 09-11-22, 02:30 PM

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If that's true, Kathleen Kennedy is just trolling the majority of Lucasfilm's fan base. It sounds like some kind of twisted revenge against all the people who wouldn't accept Waller-Bridge's awful feminist droid character in the Solo movie.

Last edited by joe_b; 09-11-22 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-11-22, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,689 Posts

So these rumors based off those alleged leak set photos that came out over a year ago when they were still in production? Or someone is spending way too much time on reddit from fake "Lucasfilm Insiders"
Old 09-11-22, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 686 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees View Post
Just rewatched Temple of Doom with my family over the Labor Day weekend. Yeah, there is some cringey, racist stuff in it which I won't defend--and it's hokey as hell in general--but I loved this movie as a kid and I still think it's a lot of fun--particularly the opening sequence in the night club, the mine carts, and the bridge showdown. And as a kid I loved the relationship between Short Round and Indy. Very cool to see the actors together in that pic!
The following 2 users liked this post by Cellar Door:
bunkaroo (09-12-22), John Pannozzi (09-11-22)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.