Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Didn't Disney/Lucasfilm say there were working on a CGI animated Indiana Jones TV series a while back? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. It seems like we'd be hearing something about it soon since I'm assuming it would run on Disney+. Maybe it was just a rumor as I can't find anything about it.
Old 05-02-19, 01:08 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023, D: Mangold) S: Ford - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by windom
Didn't Disney/Lucasfilm say there were working on a CGI animated Indiana Jones TV series a while back? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. It seems like we'd be hearing something about it soon since I'm assuming it would run on Disney+.
I don't believe so. But maybe you saw this being reported on a few years ago...

<iframe width="682" height="384" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iE8v5WDbbC4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-02-19, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I would love to see Ford play Indy one last time. He could play the Dad to his son. Kind of like of the Sean Connery role in The Last Crusade. If anything else, to wash the memory of Shia LaBeouf out of our minds.
Didn't he somewhat do that in the Crystal Skull movie?
Old 05-02-19, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Indiana Jones was a homage to those film serials and men's adventure magazines of the 40s and 50s where the square-jawed, rugged white hero ventures into the exotic mystery of Arab lands, the Orient, and Sub-Saharan Africa. You can't really do that anymore in 2019 because most people are going to find it offensive and condescending. They were lucky to get away with it in the 1980s.

Probably why the last two had Indy return to fighting white fascists: Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

Solo: A Star Wars Story was an okay film, but honestly, I could have done without it. The vague backstory for Han Solo I had imagined in my head was more interesting than the Disney film.
Same goes for Indiana Jones. The third one was fun because of Sean Connery but all the revelations from the scar to the dog's name was a letdown.
Old 05-02-19, 04:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14

<iframe width="682" height="384" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iE8v5WDbbC4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wow... I'm glad that never took off.
Old 05-02-19, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He could play the Dad to his son. Kind of like of the Sean Connery role in The Last Crusade. If anything else, to wash the memory of Shia LaBeouf out of our minds.
IMO, only the first 2 movies are fit for consumption.
The latter 2 left the taste of floor wax in my mouth.
Old 05-02-19, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14

Originally Posted by E Unit
Actually ... I disagree E Unit ... I’d be down with that!
Old 05-02-19, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

I would love to see Ford play Indy one last time. He could play the Dad to his son. Kind of like of the Sean Connery role in The Last Crusade. If anything else, to wash the memory of Shia LaBeouf out of our minds.
Originally Posted by movieguru

Ummm .... that’s EXACTLY what KotCS was.
Old 05-02-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Wow, I can't believe they haven't gone this route. That was awesome. They should absolutely go this route. They could set it in the 40s again and get Ford to voice it. I mean this is Disney now, they have the resources.

Much better idea than old Indy romping around in the late 50's.
Old 05-02-19, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

So is the new one going to start with a dissolve transition from the Paramount mountain? Unlikely. So it's already not going to feel right.
Old 05-02-19, 09:47 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by rennervision
So is the new one going to start with a dissolve transition from the Paramount mountain? Unlikely. So it's already not going to feel right.
Unlikely? No. Absolutely not.
Old 05-03-19, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by rennervision
Disney hasn't been putting their logo on Lucasfilm movies, but if they wanted to, they could dissolve the Disney castle into a real-life one.
Old 05-03-19, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

I thought Paramount still had distribution rights to it? Maybe I'm imagining that. I probably am or they wouldn't be working on a 5th installment.
Old 05-03-19, 09:40 AM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts

Eh, go for it. I'm not worried that new movies that aren't as good as the originals tarnish the originals. They still exist. I've been watching Indiana Jones since I was 3 years old. Bring it on.
Old 05-03-19, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
It's been awhile since I watched the Crystal Skull, but to me, he was the same ole Indy and not a cranky, "get off my lawn" guy like Connery played in TLC. Sure, he was a lot slower, but he was as still as adventurous as ever.
Old 05-28-19, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Harrison Ford has firmly rejected the idea of a future "Indiana Jones" reboot, as he believes no other actor could play the role. During an appearance on the "Today" show, Ford said that he is Indiana Jones and that the character should die when he does.

"Today" host Craig Melvin asked Ford who he'd like to see take on the iconic hat and whip once he's done with the role, to which Ford simply replied: nobody. "Nobody is going to be Indiana Jones, don't you get it?" he said. "I'm Indiana Jones. When I'm gone, he's gone. It's easy."
Go to 4:00 mark. He mentions Chris Pine but i think he meant Chris Pratt.

Last edited by TomOpus; 05-28-19 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-28-19, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Go to 4:00 mark. He mentions Chris Pine but i think he meant Chris Pratt.
Not exactly a popular opinion but I'm ready for Chris Pratt to take a break, so I hope he meant Pine.
Old 05-28-19, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

Chris Pine already played Fake Captain Kirk so he might as well play Fake Indiana Jones.
Old 05-28-19, 04:22 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I'd love to see a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead take on these movies. Another archeologist, Dakota Dave or something, who keeps coming up a day late, or a dollar short, or crossing paths peripherally with Indiana Jones in Raiders and then Temple of Doom.
Old 05-28-19, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Chris Pine already played Fake Captain Kirk so he might as well play Fake Indiana Jones.
Better than Pratt.
Old 05-28-19, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

People that want to see an Indiana Jones 5:

What type of story and setting would you like for the film?
Old 05-28-19, 05:35 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie
People that want to see an Indiana Jones 5:

What type of story and setting would you like for the film?
I'd like to see them use the deaging technology to not only keep Indy's age somewhat plausible to be running around and doing some action stunts, but to keep the era away from more contemporary times.

Maybe Belloq's son or daughrer with an axe to grind. Something involving The Antikythera Mechanism. Indy's other son with Willie in the mix, played by somebody with some action chops who wasn't a douche.
Old 05-28-19, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
Not exactly a popular opinion but I'm ready for Chris Pratt to take a break, so I hope he meant Pine.
He meant Pratt, because he's the one who has been linked to the part, not Pine. He wasn't naming a successor, he was addressing those rumors. He was basically saying sorry to him, but he's Indy and that's it.
Old 05-28-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TGM
I'd like to see them use the deaging technology to not only keep Indy's age somewhat plausible to be running around and doing some action stunts, but to keep the era away from more contemporary times.

Maybe Belloq's son or daughrer with an axe to grind. Something involving The Antikythera Mechanism. Indy's other son with Willie in the mix, played by somebody with some action chops who wasn't a douche.
I'm reading up on the Antikyrhera Mechanism right now.
What about the setting? What are some of the places it should take place?
Old 05-28-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
He meant Pratt, because he's the one who has been linked to the part, not Pine. He wasn't naming a successor, he was addressing those rumors. He was basically saying sorry to him, but he's Indy and that's it.

Ah, got it. Probably should've watched the video maybe.

I'll take down my change.org petition now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.