Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dirt (2019, D: Jeff Tremaine) -- Motley Crue biopic -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...-dirt-20131104
This was posted on Nikki Sixx's facebook page, but it looks like The Dirt is finally going to be made into a movie. I have read its been rumored for years, but filming is supposed to start sometime next year. A straight adaption of the book would be an NC-17, so this better be a hard R or it will suck.
Old 11-11-13, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Jackass director to helm Motley Crue biopic `The Dirt'

Hard R and an UNRATED Blu-ray release. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-11-13, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Let's cast it:

Vince - Tom Hardy
Nikki - Jared Leto
Mick - Russell Brand
Tommy - Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Old 11-11-13, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Jackass director to helm Motley Crue biopic `The Dirt'
For consistency and accuracy, they could just called "Jackasses".
Old 11-11-13, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Let's cast it:

Vince - Tom Hardy
Nikki - Jared Leto
Mick - Russell Brand
Brand would be better suited to be T-Bone than JRM.
Old 11-11-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Let's cast it:

Vince - Unknown actor
Nikki - Unknown actor
Mick - Unknown actor
Tommy -Unknown actor
Old 11-11-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts

^ Spottedchadm ?
Old 11-11-13, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's cast it:

Vince - Tom Hardy
Nikki - Jared Leto
Mick - Russell Brand

I don't think any of those guys would come anywhere near this.

I'm calling it now. This will be terrible, not unlike the band.

I'm just interested in who they'll cast as Razzle Dingley. Probably just a cameo.
Old 11-12-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...-dirt-20131104
This was posted on Nikki Sixx's facebook page, but it looks like The Dirt is finally going to be made into a movie. I have read its been rumored for years, but filming is supposed to start sometime next year. A straight adaption of the book would be an NC-17, so this better be a hard R or it will suck.
There is no way this won't suck...I can't even begin to see how this will work for a movie.
Old 11-12-13, 12:51 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I'd much prefer if this was a Motley Crue documentary, with our heroes following in the footsteps of some of our beloved rock icons like Kurt Cobain, Ian Curtis, and GG Allin.

Or Adrian Borland. If you don't know who he is, Google him and you will agree that this would be a good going away party for Vince.
Old 11-12-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Go out with a bang, overdose on Krokodil.
Old 11-12-13, 01:02 PM
RIP

I'm sure Tommy Lee's dick has already rotted off.
Old 11-12-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't say that its going to suck already, but I am wondering how its going to be made into a narrative story from the 80s to 2001. I hope they go the route of casting unknown actors. That Rolling Stone Article says one of the writers from Californication is working on the script, there may be some funny parts of the movie, but I expect it will probably be more of a drama.
Old 11-12-13, 02:38 PM
RIP

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I wouldn't say that its going to suck already, but I am wondering how its going to be made into a narrative story from the 80s to 2001. I hope they go the route of casting unknown actors. That Rolling Stone Article says one of the writers from Californication is working on the script, there may be some funny parts of the movie, but I expect it will probably be more of a drama.
Dude. Dude. Don't live in denial. It's gonna suck.
Old 01-16-15, 06:17 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Focus Features is reviving Motley Crue biopic “The Dirt,” which was set up nearly a decade ago at Paramount.

Jeff Tremaine will direct from a screenplay written by Rich Wilkes and Tom Kapinos based on the 2001 autobiography “The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band” by band members Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Mick Mars, and Nikki Sixx, along with author Neil Strauss.

Producers are Julie Yorn, Erik Olsen and Allen Kovac. Chris Nilsson, Steven Kline and Rick Yorn will exec produce, and the band members will co-produce.

Tremaine has directed all of the “Jackass” films. Josh McLaughlin will oversee the production for Focus.

Larry Charles was attached to direct “The Dirt” for Paramount Classics in 2006 with MTV Films.

The band is currently on its “final tour” with the slogan “All Bad Things Must Come to an End.”
Old 03-24-17, 12:24 PM

re: The Dirt (2019, D: Jeff Tremaine) -- Motley Crue biopic -- Netflix

Looks like Netflix will put this out:

Mötley Crüe biopic The Dirt is kickstarting its heart.

The long-gestating project, which at one point called Paramount and Focus Features home sweet home, is in negotiations to land at Netflix, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Jeff Tremaine, the helmer of the Jackass movies, is attached to direct the project, which has a script by Rich Wilkes and Tom Kapinos.

The project is based on The New York Times bestselling autobiography The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band, which was written by Mötley Crüe members Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx, as well as author Neil Strauss.

The book was a no-holds-barred account of the iconic 1980s band's rise to top of the hair metal and rock scene, all while experiencing a guitar case's worth of drug overdoses, sex with slinky babes, run-ins with the police and in-fighting.

The project was last at Focus, which picked it up in January 2015. Before that it was at Paramount where directors such as David Fincher and Larry Charles were sweet on it.

Julie Yorn, Erik Olsen, and Allen Kovac remain on board as producers. Chris Nilsson, Steven Kline, and Rick Yorn are executive-producing.

The band members are co-producers on the film. Amanda Adelson is also a co-producer.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ebook_20170324
Old 01-19-18, 05:38 AM

Colson Baker, known by his stage name Machine Gun Kelly, has been tapped to play Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee in Netflix’s adaptation of the band’s biography “The Dirt.”

Jeff Tremaine, who helmed the “Jackass” movies, is directing the film from a script by Rich Wilkes and Tom Kapinos. Julie Yorn, Erik Olsen, and Allen Kovac are producing, while Chris Nilsson, Steve Kline, and Rick Yorn are exec producing. Members of Motley Crue are co-producing.

Based on the 2001 autobiography “The Dirt: Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band,” the movie follows the group’s rise during the ’80s “hair band” rock scene on the Sunset Strip and pulls no punches as it dives into the band’s highs and lows along the way. Motley Crue played its final concert on New Year’s Eve in 2015 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The band was formed in L.A. and released its first album, “Too Fast for Love,” in 1981. Motley Crue combined hard rock, heavy metal, and glam rock, going on to sell more than 100 million albums worldwide.

This is the closest the film has come to moving toward production after years of jumping from studio to studio. It landed at Paramount Pictures more than a decade ago. Larry Charles was initially attached to direct “The Dirt” for Paramount and MTV Films in 2006. Focus then came on in 2015 while the band was on its final tour. At that point, Tremaine and the current producers were on board.

Baker is repped by ICM Partners, EST 19XX, and Felker, Toczek, and Levine.
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ma...rt-1202669027/
Old 01-19-18, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I really don't care for the band or their music, but i have read the book a few times and its an enjoyable enough read. Comes off as egotistical at times, but i guess most celebrity biogs go that way. I would be interested to see the TV show. I recall the time that a rumor flew around that Walken was being tapped to play Ozzy. That was a weird one.
Old 01-22-18, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Motley Crue Biopic 'The Dirt' Finds Its Vince Neil, Mick Mars (Exclusive)
12:54 PM PST 1/22/2018 by Borys Kit

The actors will join Douglas Booth, who is on board as Nikki Sixx, and Machine Gun Kelly, who is due to play drummer Tommy Lee, in the movie that is based on the bestselling autobiography written by the band and author Neil Strauss.

As the long-gestating Motley Crue biopic The Dirt heads towards a February production start, the film is in the home sweet home stretch of firming up the leads who will play the iconic rock-and-roll hair band.

Game of Thrones actor Iwan Rheon and The Punisher actor Daniel Webber are in negotiations to star as guitarist Mick Mars and frontman Vince Neil.

If the deals go through, the actors will join Douglas Booth, who is on board as Nikki Sixx, and Machine Gun Kelly, who is due to play drummer Tommy Lee, in the movie that is based on the bestselling autobiography written by the band and author Neil Strauss.

Jeff Tremaine, the helmer of the Jackass movies, is attached to direct the pic, which has a script by Rich Wilkes, Tom Kapinos, and Amanda Adelson.

The book was a no-holds-barred account of the iconic 1980s band's rise to top of the hair metal and rock scene, chronicling their rise from the streets of Hollywood to the heights of international fame while conquering drug addiction and personal demons on their way toward redemption.

A movie adaptation of the book has been in the works since 2003 and Dirt was previously set up at Paramount and Focus Features before landing at Netflix in 2017.

Julie Yorn, Erik Olsen, and Allen Kovac are producing. Chris Nilsson, Steven Kline and Rick Yorn are executive producing.

The bandmembers are co-producers on the film.

Rheon gained a following for his role as the vicious and brutal Ramsay Bolton in HBO’s Thrones. He was most recently seen playing Maximus in the Marvel show The Inhumans. He is repped by UTA

Webber did scene-stealing work as a PTSD-suffering soldier in Netflix’s Punisher. He is repped by WME.
Old 01-22-18, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Douglas Booth was great in The Limehouse Golem.
Old 01-23-18, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Daniel Webber he was the worst part of the Punisher. I could not stand him in the series. Won't matter.
Old 02-28-18, 01:26 PM

Tony Cavalero To Play Ozzy Osbourne In Netflix’s Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
http://deadline.com/2018/02/tony-cav...rt-1202305751/
Old 02-28-18, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 02-28-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm more curious as to what this movie will cover at this point. Only The band's formation in the early 80s to 2001 when the book came out?
Old 02-18-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Dirt (2019, D: Jeff Tremaine) -- Motley Crue biopic -- Netflix

The trailer debuts tomorrow, and the movie will be on Netflix March 22nd.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.