Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Logan (Wolverine 3) (2017, D: Mangold) S: Jackman, Stewart

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Logan (Wolverine 3) (2017, D: Mangold) S: Jackman, Stewart

Old 09-03-15, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Wolverine 3 (D: Mangold) S: Jackman - News, rumors, casting, etc.

Originally Posted by rocket1312 View Post
Whether or not it's a faithful adaptation (of course it won't be), am I crazy to assume that any movie version of Old Man Logan would presumably feature Logan as an old man? I have no attachment to that story, so I don't really care what they do. I just assumed Jackman was being honest with the crowd.
I took it like that too cuz I know Jackman knows how that isn't really possible to adapt. I really do think he just meant it's a story about Logan being an old man.
Old 09-03-15, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 611 Likes on 431 Posts

Man, I'd love for them to bring Liev back. He was one of the better casting choices in the X-men franchise.
Old 09-03-15, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd love to seem him back playing the more feral Sabretooth instead of just "Victor Creed."
Old 09-03-15, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like Schreiber back too. I'd prefer more personality than Mane's Creed though.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 09-03-15 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-03-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 447 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
I'd like Scheiber back too. I'd prefer more personality than Mane's Creed though.
At least he's not a lackey like Mane's Creed. Like Hardy's Bane over the Jeep Swenson's Bane in Batman & Robin (I did not know that Jeep had died).
Old 09-24-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 447 Likes on 317 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mweeEXhPrpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-25-15, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huge Jackedman says the movie will explore the father/son dynamic between Wolverine and Professor X

Originally Posted by Huge Jackedman
"I'll be really honest with you, the actual script in its full form we're up to about Page 60," he shared. "Obviously there's a treatment, so it's not fully done yet, we're not fully there. Patrick does figure in it that's for sure. I think it's a really important relationship but I want to see signs of that quasi-father/son sort of relationship that has not been seen before, and sides of particularly Professor X that have not been seen before. So we have some really, really cool ideas."

"The ultimate plan is let's start shooting next year," he continued. "I'm starting the training, I'm starting the eating and mentally really preparing for it. It's not just me, the studio as well -- I'm trying to do something with this that's a little special, a little different. I've got a very, very strong idea of what that is. I really have known for quite a long time how I want to finish this sort of odyssey that I've been on, this amazing journey. And I won't let it fall anywhere in between. I won't fall short of it."
Old 09-25-15, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So we get to see Patrick Stewart back, sweet.
Old 01-31-16, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 704 Likes on 577 Posts

So sounds like if Singer and Kinberg have their way Wolverine isn't going to be recast in the near future. I'm a bit skeptical as unless they can get Jackman to continue on as the character I don't think I see Fox wanting to go too long without using Wolverine in future X-Men films. Jackman said that the third Wolverine film would be his last time but prior to that he had talked like he didn't necessarily want to step down so I'm curious what will happen.

http://screencrush.com/wolverine-rec...letter_4572277
Wolverine Probably Won’t Be Recast in the ‘X-Men’ Universe When Hugh Jackman Leaves
Britt Hayes

Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for over 15 years. He’s appeared on screen as the iconic X-Men character in seven films, including his uncredited cameo in X-Men: First Class, and by the time The Wolverine 2 rolls around, we can round that number up to eight (and that’s not including the potential for cameos in X-Men: Apocalypse — which he’s denied — and the Gambit movie). Fans have been wondering if Wolverine will be recast once Jackman exits the franchise, but according to Bryan Singer and producer Simon Kinberg, that’s not likely to happen.

Jackman has promised that The Wolverine 2 will mark his final time portraying the character, and while we certainly believe him, anything is possible down the line. In an interview with Digital Spy, Singer and Kinberg said they couldn’t imagine recasting Jackman’s role, though they do want to figure out how to keep the character going in the X-Men universe. Kinberg says:

I do think you would want to figure out how to tell more Wolverine stories. So either we would try to entice Hugh to come back and eat more chicken and work out for a few months, or we would have to figure out a creative way to move forward. Honestly, I can’t imagine anybody else playing the part, and there’s not too many characters I can say that for.

So basically at this point, they either have to convince Jackman to stick around past The Wolverine 2, or…that’s it. Singer and Kinberg’s options are limited. If they do recast Wolverine, it would likely be years from now, probably in a new cycle of X-Men movies with an all-new cast. Replacing Jackman so soon after his exit just isn’t happening.

The Wolverine 2 is set to hit theaters in 2017. Meanwhile, we’ll see the next installment of the X-Men franchise when X-Men: Apocalypse hits theaters on May 27.
Old 01-31-16, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 134 Likes on 96 Posts

Why does that article keep referring to the movie as Wolverine 2? I guess the writer was not a fan of Origins.
Old 01-31-16, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm guessing the upcoming film is more of an actual direct sequel to The Wolverine whereas The Wolverine didn't directly follow X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Either way though it's incorrect as its the third film.
Old 01-31-16, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 155 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Why does that article keep referring to the movie as Wolverine 2? I guess the writer was not a fan of Origins.
To be fair, not many people were IIRC.
Old 01-31-16, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,258 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
So sounds like if Singer and Kinberg have their way Wolverine isn't going to be recast in the near future. I'm a bit skeptical as unless they can get Jackman to continue on as the character I don't think I see Fox wanting to go too long without using Wolverine in future X-Men films. Jackman said that the third Wolverine film would be his last time but prior to that he had talked like he didn't necessarily want to step down so I'm curious what will happen.

http://screencrush.com/wolverine-rec...letter_4572277
Maybe they'll introduce X-23 or whatever her name is to replace Logan.

Old 01-31-16, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,258 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I'm guessing the upcoming film is more of an actual direct sequel to The Wolverine whereas The Wolverine didn't directly follow X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Either way though it's incorrect as its the third film.
Wasn't The Wolverine retconned out of existence by DOFP like all of the other X-movies (with the exception of FC)?

Though it was sort of implied that Wolverine remembered the original timeline at the end of DOFP.
Old 01-31-16, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 134 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Maybe they'll introduce X-23 or whatever her name is to replace Logan.

Is that a different character from Lady Deathstrike that was in X2?
Old 01-31-16, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Wasn't The Wolverine retconned out of existence by DOFP like all of the other X-movies (with the exception of FC)?

Though it was sort of implied that Wolverine remembered the original timeline at the end of DOFP.
True. I think Logan does remember the events as they were before the reset though. As much as I liked Days of Future Past I sort of dislike that it wiped out the timeline entirely. I mean of all the films only two are really bad and I don't dislike X-Men Origins: Wolverine as much as most people.
Old 01-31-16, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Is that a different character from Lady Deathstrike that was in X2?
Yes, X-23 is a female clone of Wolverine.
Old 01-31-16, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically marvel kept on getting hate mail from fans who felt a little bit gay after jerking off to wolverine for so long. So they created a female version of him.
Old 02-01-16, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd love to see X-23, I enjoyed her origin comics quite a bit and actually just read her as the "All New Wolverine" recently.
Old 02-01-16, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Or they could introduce Daken who is Wolverines son.
Old 02-01-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

While X-23 would be kind of cool to see I don't think she'd be a good permanent replacement for the actual character. I'd think Fox would push to recast if Jackman doesn't return whether Singer likes it or not.
Old 02-16-16, 12:00 PM

Received 2,656 Likes on 1,819 Posts

20th Century Fox revealed at Toy Fair 2016 that they would be targeting an R-rating for Hugh Jackman's final run as Wolverine next year.

This news follows the massive success of Fox's first R-rated standalone super hero movie, as Deadpool absolutely killed the box office this weekend. They previously dabbled with R-rated comic book movies earlier in 2015 with Kingsman: The Secret Service, which also turned out to be a surprise hit, though not as big a success as the world's new favorite merc.

The news comes from a pamphlet or catalog Fox handed out to guests at their Toy Fair presentation. The logo for Wolverine 3 is featured above the theatrical release date, home entertainment release date, and anticipated MPAA rating. See it below.

The move is an interesting one by 20th Century Fox. There was no doubt they would pursue R-rated movies in the future as they explored the Deadpool and X-Force corners of their X-Men universe but to take a character who has been established as PG-13 for over 15 years now is bold. That said, they could be banking on telling an accurate representation of the Old Man Logan story and Wolverine fans having grown past the age of R-rating admittance.

One has to wonder if these plans were made and revealed today following the success this weekend or if the R-rating was already planned prior to Deadpool's box office explosion. Let's bet on the former. In any case, what are your thoughts on an R-rated finale to Hugh Jackman's run as Wolverine?

We have reached out to FOX for comment, and will let you know as soon as we hear back.

The Wolverine sequel, which will be Hugh Jackman's last, is set for release March 3, 2017.
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/16/wolv...ting-r-rating/
Old 02-16-16, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 611 Likes on 431 Posts
Re: Wolverine 3 (2017, D: Mangold) S: Jackman - News, rumors, casting, etc.

That just seems dumb. It's Jackman's last turn as Wolvie, wait until they recast the character. No sense alienating younger fans this far into his run.

Also, maybe it's because I haven't seen what an R-rated Wolverine would look like, but he works fine as a PG-13 character... at least Jackman's version.
Old 02-16-16, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 655 Likes on 510 Posts

Nice.
Old 02-16-16, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Having him slash dudes chests open and not show any blood at all is stupid

Hopefully this last one is an R

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.