Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Logan (Wolverine 3) (2017, D: Mangold) S: Jackman, Stewart

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Logan (Wolverine 3) (2017, D: Mangold) S: Jackman, Stewart

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Wolverine 3 (D: Mangold) S: Jackman - News, rumors, casting, etc.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
So you're Supermallet?
We're ALL Supermallet. Just not at the same time. We work around the clock in shifts.
Old 11-06-13, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

What's the deal with you people??
Old 11-06-13, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Old 11-06-13, 05:21 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
What's the deal with you people??
Don't hate. Self-deprecate.
Old 11-06-13, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
We're ALL Supermallet. Just not at the same time. We work around the clock in shifts.
That reminds me. It's my second cousin's best friend's niece's wedding this weekend. I need to switch shifts with you so I can bang some drunk bridesmaids.
Old 03-25-14, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Fox Sets David James Kelly To Script Next ‘Wolverine’
By MIKE FLEMING JR | Friday March 21, 2014 @ 5:33pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Fox has hired David James Kelly to script the next installment of The Wolverine, the X-Men franchise spinoff that James Mangold will direct with Hugh Jackman reprising his signature role. The studio is eyeing a March 3, 2017, release. Kelly also is next set to adapt the Dark Horse graphic novel Mind Mgmt for Scott Free Productions and the original pitch Sentinel for Appian Way and Fox. Kelly is repped by WME, LBI and Hansen, Jacobson.
Old 03-25-14, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

When I read the release year for this, I was thinking about how long Hugh Jackman's tenure as Wolverine has been. If Michael Keaton had that same length of time, he would have been Batman until at least 2006. Damn.
Old 03-25-14, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluetoast
The final showdown kind of sucked, but I liked the small scale of The Wolverine, and I'm down for another.
Same here. I wish there had been more ninja killin' instead, but have reluctantly come to accept that the CGI endboss is here to stay.

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
More Yukio!!!
Not sure if serious. Every time she was on-screen, I though how proud her parents must be back on Zeta Reticuli.
Old 03-25-14, 04:43 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Quote:
Fox Sets David James Kelly To Script Next ‘Wolverine’
By MIKE FLEMING JR | Friday March 21, 2014 @ 5:33pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Fox has hired David James Kelly to script the next installment of The Wolverine, the X-Men franchise spinoff that James Mangold will direct with Hugh Jackman reprising his signature role. The studio is eyeing a March 3, 2017, release. Kelly also is next set to adapt the Dark Horse graphic novel Mind Mgmt for Scott Free Productions and the original pitch Sentinel for Appian Way and Fox. Kelly is repped by WME, LBI and Hansen, Jacobson.
i liked him in JAG!
Old 03-25-14, 04:46 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

whenever Jackman hangs up the claws, they should get Henry Cavill (although he might have a non-compete in his Superman contract).

Old 04-30-14, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
When I read the release year for this, I was thinking about how long Hugh Jackman's tenure as Wolverine has been. If Michael Keaton had that same length of time, he would have been Batman until at least 2006. Damn.
Hugh Jackman '99.9 Percent’ Sure ‘Wolverine’ Sequel Will Be His Last ‘X-Men’ Movie
Movies | By Greg Gilman on April 30, 2014 @ 2:54 pm

Hugh Jackman has portrayed Wolverine in seven “X-Men” films, but he's “99.9 percent sure” the sequel to “The Wolverine” will be the last time he pops the Marvel mutant's claws.

“I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way,” Jackman told SFX Magazine. “If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me.”

If the sequel even happens, that is.

While Jackman is not shy about working with director James Mangold to develop a sequel to last summer's blockbuster, which sent the practically immortal superhero to Japan, the actor emphasized “we're still working it out.”

“I'm excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven't signed on signed on,” Jackson said. “I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it.”

20th Century Fox announced in November that Mangold was coming back to write the treatment, but no plot details were revealed. Based on Jackman's answers in this interview, it doesn't sound like many have been decided yet.

“I'd probably move it to a different visual palette,” Jackman said. “We are looking at a lot of different storylines. No one has jumped out. You can tell from my answer that we're still working it out.”

“The Wolverine” grossed over $414.8 million worldwide last year, so a sequel seems inevitable. But Bryan Singer's “X-Men: Apocalypse” is already lined up for a May, 2016 release date. How much more “X-Men” can Jackman commit to? Apparently, not much.

“If the script is as good? Hm. I don't know if that will get me across the line, man,” Jackman said. “I think it has to be better.”
Old 04-30-14, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I like Jackman as Wolverine and can't say I won't miss him when he's done as the character, but he's had a good run playing him so I can't really blame him for stepping down if that is the case.
Old 04-30-14, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This makes me wonder if they ever go back and cast a new Wolverine more true to the comic book character's stature, if audiences will wonder why the fuck he's so short
Old 04-30-14, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Hell of a run. Assuming he's in Apocolypse and the third Wolverine, that's:

X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
The Wolverine
First Class (cameo)
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse
Wolvie 3

That's 9 flicks as the same character. That tops Connery as Bond. I wonder what other company is in with him.
Old 04-30-14, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I bet the actor and actress who played Q and Moneypenny have been in more movies as the same characters.
Old 04-30-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Hell of a run. Assuming he's in Apocolypse and the third Wolverine, that's:

X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
The Wolverine
First Class (cameo)
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse
Wolvie 3

That's 9 flicks as the same character. That tops Connery as Bond. I wonder what other company is in with him.
Once the Star Wars sequels are out, Anthony Daniels will likely match that, though some of those are likely just voice acting

I think Samuel L Jackson might have signed a 9 picture deal as Nick Fury. At this point he's played the character five times, I believe (am I forgetting any?), plus on Agents of SHIELD.

But I doubt anyone can touch Shintaro Katsura, who played Zatoichi in 25 movies and 100 episodes of a tv series.
Old 04-30-14, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

True. Main characters are tougher to come by though. How about Tobin Bell in 6 Saw movies? How crazy is that?
Old 04-30-14, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I really like Jackman as Wolverine, I'd be sad to see him go, but I like that he's being choosy. I think he understands that if we get another Wolverine: Origins the fans will eventually tune out. Hopefully Jackman and Mangold can get some creative control and make a movie even better than The Wolverine, which I really liked!
Old 04-30-14, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several of the Harry Potter actors were in all 8 movies as well.
Old 04-30-14, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

they should get dougray scott to play wolverine after jackman hangs up the claws...
Old 04-30-14, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There was that guy who played Wong Fei Hong a shit ton. Like... A lot. It was a lot more than Katsu's Ichi. Can never remember his name. Katsu though has the most interesting career as a character. The guy moved Ichi onto TV too. I'd love CC to get the TV show. Just for completion's sake. I think we're still missing an Zatoichi film from Katsu too.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 05-01-14 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
14 to be precise.
Old 05-01-14, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
There was that guy who Wong Fei Hong a shit ton. Like... A lot. It was a lot more than Katsu's Ichi. Can never remember his name. Katsu though has the most interesting career as a character. The guy moved Ichi onto TV too. I'd love CC to get the TV show. Just for completion's sake. I think we're still missing an Zatoichi film from Katsu too.
Kwan Tak-Hing?
Old 05-01-14, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by taffer
Forgot all about Harry Potter. Good one.
Old 02-22-15, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: X-Men: Apocalypse (D: Singer; May 27th, 2016)

I couldn't find the thread for the next Wolverine movie, but it looks like Jackman has had a change of heart and said he doesn't want to give up the role anytime soon: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/359...-until-he-dies

ne of the big questions many "X-Men" fans have had is how much longer will Hugh Jackman play his most iconic role - that of Wolverine.

Jackman was 31 when he filmed the first "X-Men," but as he turns 47 this year the question of how long he can physically sustain the role's demands are understandably being asked. Jackman himself indicated last year he may hang up the claws soon.

This month though, it sounds like the actor has changed his mind. Jackman tells Cigar Aficionado (via E! Online) that watching Oscar favorite "Birdman" had an impact on him and now he'll stick with the role until he can physically no longer do it anymore:

"I said to my wife, 'The moral is that I should never stop playing Wolverine. I've got to find a way to keep playing him until I die.' I know that someday they'll recast the role with another actor…I'd be happy if the role was eventually recast. It would mean that it had become iconic."

Don't expect Wolverine to tone down his muscles either, Jackman says he still plans to push himself more and more each time:

"I always want to be in better shape than I was for the last one. I don't believe in stagnation. People say they try to maintain the status quo. But I believe the natural cycle means you're either advancing and getting closer to something or you're receding…Every time I play Wolverine I want to go further, physically and emotionally."

There's still no word if Jackman will reprise the role in "X-Men: Apocalypse," but he is slated to come back for a third standalone "Wolverine" film which is targeting a March 2017 release.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.