Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bringing Up Nick (Web series showing classics to a movie-illiterate)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-04-13, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7Wh_92dj_9s?list=UUQXR8pItAoKDAJSbphFxbrg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really liked the first episode. I can't believe how many great movies he hasn't seen. Makes me feel old

<iframe src="http://revision3.com/html5player-v25701?external=true&width=640&height=360" width="640" height="360" allowFullScreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-05-13, 01:30 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bringing Up Nick (Web series showing classics to a movie-illiterate)

This is something I have worried about when my daughter gets old enough to start watching some of these movies (she's almost six now).

She's seen most of the Pixar movies already (and seen them a lot) so stuff like Toy Story (Buzz, I AM your father!) and the Incredibles really play on past movies that I really enjoyed growing up. I'm worried she'll have the same reaction I have to a lot of the movies I see now a days that just seem like retreads of older movies or stories.

I'm really looking forward to watching these with her, but will she be bored or have the same reaction that Nick had of "been there, done that, have the t-shirt"?
Old 10-05-13, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts

That was fun to watch. Good disscusion between the two. That's a great idea at the beginning of the video to have Nick summeorize the movie based on what he's absorbed through pop culture, sort of like this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FJTCYdZTj2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I look forward to more of these.
Old 10-07-13, 07:24 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Interesting. I'll subcribe to this thread.
Old 10-14-13, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Raiders

<iframe src="http://revision3.com/html5player-v25920?external=true&width=640&height=360" width="640" height="360" allowFullScreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-14-13, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not surprised he liked this. Raiders is almost the perfect action adventure movie.
Old 10-27-13, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Die Hard

<iframe src="http://revision3.com/html5player-v26243?external=true&width=640&height=360" width="640" height="360" allowFullScreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Videodrone

<iframe src="http://revision3.com/html5player-v26455?external=true&width=640&height=360" width="640" height="360" allowFullScreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>