Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (D: Snyder; S: Gadot)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
re: Untitled Superman & Batman Film (May 6, 2016) (D: Snyder; S: Cavill, Affleck)

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Man people take their superheroes so damn seriously Gotham High looked like great fun
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I would have given GH a shot. I like the concept artwork.
Glad I'm not alone in wishing that actually happened.
Old 11-23-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Untitled Superman & Batman Film (May 6, 2016) (D: Snyder; S: Cavill, Affleck)

People who didn't want to watch Clone High, but with Batman should be immediately disqualified from offering opinions.
Old 11-23-13, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Now that others have come forward, I can admit that I too thought it looked like it would be a good animated series. Batman's origin doesn't seem like it would work at all with the Gotham High premise, but everything else sounds like it would be fun. I really like the character designs.

I also thought Spider-man Loves Mary Jane was a better comic series than the 616 Spider-man at the time.
Old 11-23-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Gotham High looks like it could have been fun. Concept art is solid too.
Old 11-23-13, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Gotham High looks like it could have been fun. Concept art is solid too.
It would be awesome if someone over at WB or DC pushed to revive the concept and actually make it happen.
Old 11-23-13, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Man people take their superheroes so damn seriously Gotham High looked like great fun
Its not that I take superheroes too seriously. I love Giffen and DeMatteis' Justice League International and Peter David's Young Justice, both of which are comic books known for their less serious more humorous approach.

But still seeing Bruce Wayne and Joker as teenagers in high school has no appeal to me whatsoever.
Old 11-23-13, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by taffer
Its not that I take superheroes too seriously. I love Giffen and DeMatteis' Justice League International and Peter David's Young Justice, both of which are comic books known for their less serious more humorous approach.

But still seeing Bruce Wayne and Joker as teenagers in high school has no appeal to me whatsoever.
You do realize it'd be it's own thing with not intention of telling an origin story in any way, shape, or form, right? From the artwork, it's clearly not Smallville: The Animated Series.
Old 11-23-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would so watch a Superman movie or series with John Barrowman in the lead.

Old 11-23-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I remember back in '03, people were shitting all over the upcoming Teen Titans animated show. That it was too aimed at children, too anime inspired, too childish looking, etc. Then people actually saw the thing and it was not only extremely well-received, it introduced a whole bunch of DC characters to a brand new generation of kids. Success all around.

True it wasn't for everyone. Very, very few things are. But yesterday's Teen Titans fans are today's Angel Love fans. Or whatever. Anyone remember Angel Love? I just remember the promos. COCAINE??? Anyway Gotham High could have really taken advantage of that kid market really well. Alas we never got to see the results.

COCAINE???
Old 11-23-13, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I never heard of Angel Love until today.

I too was turned off by the ads of Teen Titans but gave it a shot and loved it. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Teen Titans Go! That should have remained in the realm of shorts and not an actual series.
Old 11-23-13, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah but who gives a shit if it doesn't appeal to you? Looks like it was trying to do something unique and different with the property, that's interesting at the very least. Could have been good or could have been bad but it wouldve been worth a shot. Concept art looks solid. I would have been interested in this for the style alone.

Really like the way Bane looks.

Saying that the last DC cartoon series I liked was probably TT. That brave and The Bold series from what little I've seen looks good too. Hell, they even had Bats one punch Gardner.

Never really paid attention to The Batman, didn't really grab me.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-23-13 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah but who gives a shit if it doesn't appeal to you?
Nice, real nice. I was just explaining that I don't always prefer the darker more serious stories since I like stuff like Justice League International and Young Justice. So me not caring for Gotham High has nothing to do with only liking serious stories.

Yeah but who gives a shit if it doesn't grab you?
Old 11-23-13, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah but who gives a shit if it doesn't appeal to you? Looks like it was trying to do something unique and different with the property, that's interesting at the very least. Could have been good or could have been bad but it wouldve been worth a shot. Concept art looks solid. I would have been interested in this for the style alone.

Really like the way Bane looks.

Saying that the last DC cartoon series I liked was probably TT. That brave and The Bold series from what little I've seen looks good too. Hell, they even had Bats one punch Gardner.

Nice, real nice. I was just explaining that I don't always prefer the darker more serious stories since I like stuff like Justice League International and Young Justice. So me not caring for Gotham High has nothing to do with only liking serious stories.

Yeah but who gives a shit if it doesn't grab you?
I really hate it when couples fight.
Old 11-23-13, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I really hate it when couples fight.

Old 11-23-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Will Batmanuel and Supertaffer ever get back together?
Old 11-23-13, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I would so watch a Superman movie or series with John Barrowman in the lead.

I'd take that costume any day of the week over what we got in MOS. They've really improved the look of spandex since the days of Christopher Reeve. There are some awesome, authentic Superman costumes that people have shown up in at conventions.
Old 11-23-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Somebody should let him know about the tumor growing out of his ass.
Old 11-24-13, 04:52 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ugh. Ass tumor. Can't be worse than grabbing an intestine through an ass.
Old 11-26-13, 05:03 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P1Cl5FzEIjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-04-13, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Interview with Ben

PLAYBOY: When Warner Bros. named you Batman, the internet exploded with hostility. After climbing back from career adversity to win the best picture Oscar for Argo, was your initial reaction more “Not Again” or “Screw You”?

AFFLECK: It wasn’t either, really. I expected that reaction. Warner Bros. told me, “You should know what you’re getting into.” They showed me the reactions to other folks who had been cast in these roles. They said this is how it tends to play out initially.

PLAYBOY: What convinced you?

AFFLECK: When they asked if I would be Batman, I told them I don’t see myself in the role and I was going to have to beg off. They said I’d fit well into how they were going to approach the character and asked me to look at what the writer-director, Zack Snyder, was doing. The stuff was incredible.

PLAYBOY: Why?

AFFLECK: It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially.

And now Fleming asks Affleck the money question…

PLAYBOY: How will your Batman differ from the others, particularly the one played by Christian Bale?

AFFLECK: I don’t want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn’t compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists within the Batman canon. It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill’s Superman character.

In terms of the backlash, Affleck had this to say…

PLAYBOY: How much did the hostile fan reaction bother you?

AFFLECK: I understand I’m at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I’d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn’t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it?

Speaking of Daredevil, Affleck had this to say about Community Board 4′s caped crusader…

PLAYBOY: George Clooney kept a photo of himself as Batman on his office wall as a reminder of what can happen when you take a role for money and fame. If you had such a photo in your office, which movie would you go with?

AFFLECK: I’d probably have two or three. [laughs] It’d be tough to choose. The only movie I actually regret is Daredevil. It just kills me. I love that story, that character, and the fact that it got fucked up the way it did stays with me. Maybe that’s part of the motivation to do Batman.
Old 12-04-13, 11:44 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ga...an-1200918310/
Old 12-04-13, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

And Google Images search for Gal causes the site to implode
Old 12-04-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

So they're just rushing right into the Justice League stuff then.
Old 12-04-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

I like her, she can handle herself as seen in F&F, but a little thin for me.
Old 12-04-13, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
So they're just rushing right into the Justice League stuff then.

Yeah. It looks like it. Disappointing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.