Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What Is This Movie ?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What Is This Movie ?

Old 07-16-13, 07:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Is This Movie ?

Years ago, I remember watching a movie, but I can't remember what the title was or who was in it. The movie was about this guy that had an evil twin. At the end of the movie, the good guy and the bad guy fight and, presumably, the good guy kills the bad guy. The wife of the good guy, and the guy that was still alive are hugging. The wife mentions something about that she's glad he's still alive (or something like that.) Then, the guy who is still alive does a certain gesture that the bad guy was known for (or that the good guy had never or couldn't do) revealing himself to be the bad guy and that it was actually the good guy that had been killed.

I'm pretty sure that this was a tv movie. Any ideas of what it is ?
Old 07-16-13, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: What Is This Movie ?

That sounds very familiar and unfortunately I can't remember the title, but I am sure that Cary Elwes was in it.
Old 07-16-13, 10:59 PM
Banned

Way to go being a troll. How about instead of acting like a child and failing at insulting someone, you just don't say anything at all ? Nobody wants to hear your tiny brained comments that only you think are witty. How about actually contributing something to the world ? It would be a nice change from how you've lived your life thus far. Can you guess what I've just done ?
Old 07-16-13, 11:21 PM

Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Spottededfeather,

There was nothing about GreenVulture's post that warranted such a reaction. However, if a particular poster is bothering you to such a great extent, I suggest you familiarize yourself with this forum's "Ignore" feature.
Old 07-16-13, 11:28 PM
Banned

There was nothing that warranted such a reaction ? I don't think it's right to bring up something from another thread that has nothing to do with this one and try to insult someone. In the interest of not getting banned, it is taking everything I have not to speak the truth right now. If Greenvulture didn't know the movie I'm asking about, he didn't have to be snarky and try to use another thread to insult me about it. He should have just not said anything....like I would have. If I don't have something to add to a thread, I just don't comment in it. Oh, I've added him to the ignore list. I find it odd that I get in trouble for things that pretty much everybody else here doesn't even get talked to for. After being a member of this site for 8 years, I really don't want to delete my account......but it's getting to that point. It seems that no matter what thread I post in and no matter what topic I create myself, I am insulted, teased, and personally attacked. I just don't get it. If people don't like what I have to say, just don't say anything about it and move on. People keep telling ME to do that, but won't do it themselves....

Last edited by Spottedfeather; 07-17-13 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-16-13, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moderators shouldn't make me laugh.

Let's impeach this Groucho bastard right now!
Old 07-16-13, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Spottededfeather,

There was nothing about GreenVulture's post that warranted such a reaction. However, if a particular poster is bothering you to such a great extent, I suggest you familiarize yourself with this forum's "Ignore" feature.
Groucho, I just want to say that you're really coming along as a mod.
Old 07-17-13, 12:45 AM

Instead of an "evil twin", could it have been a "trading places" premise?

Face/Off had an alternate ending which suggested that the two antagonists
had not reverted to their proper identities.

XChange had a similar premise, but no such ambiguity in its ending.
Old 07-17-13, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 883 Likes on 612 Posts

I'm going laugh if the movie you're looking for does, in fact, star Cary Elwes.
Old 07-17-13, 01:13 AM
Former Member

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I spit out my drink reading this thread. Completely out of left field.
Old 07-17-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 07-17-13, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Could it be The Assignment with Aidan Quinn? I think at the end of this the guy does something with a cigarette that gives away that he isnt who we thought he was.
Old 07-17-13, 01:48 AM

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Maybe dis:

In the Fox TV movie Dark Reflection (aka, Natural Selection), C. Thomas Howell plays a dual role. In one, he is a successful computer programmer named Ben with a great house and an awesome sports car but is neglectful of his wife and son. In the other role, he is Adam, a clone of Ben who has been running around the country killing his other clones and taking over their lives. (There were seven clones all together). Well, Ben is last on the list. So, Adam gets a job at Ben's company, charms the wife and kid, and infiltrates Ben's life to learn all the little details he will need to accomplish his evil pan. Along the way, Adam kills a private detective who has figured it all out and Ben's mother who is the only one who know that Ben has a clone. He also has sex with Ben's wife, who can't tell the difference. In the climax, Ben and Adam fight on the roof and one kills the other. At the end, we find out that evil Adam survived and that he's a better father to Ben's son and wife, neither of whom know they're now living with a murderous clone who has killed.
Old 07-17-13, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts

I actually know this movie (really, I do), but I choose not to reveal the answer.
Old 07-17-13, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-17-13, 04:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Dark Half?
Old 07-17-13, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Spottedfeather, you really need to learn to take a fucking joke and quit acting like a big baby. Seriously. And that's not even attacking, that's being as constructive as I can possibly be. Lighten the fuck up.
Old 07-17-13, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

There was a movie called The Other that was like this.
Old 07-17-13, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

I seriously considered quoting The Infidel's last post and saying "This!" but I won't.

Also, I like turtles.
Old 07-17-13, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees View Post
Maybe dis:

In the Fox TV movie Dark Reflection (aka, Natural Selection), C. Thomas Howell plays a dual role. In one, he is a successful computer programmer named Ben with a great house and an awesome sports car but is neglectful of his wife and son. In the other role, he is Adam, a clone of Ben who has been running around the country killing his other clones and taking over their lives. (There were seven clones all together). Well, Ben is last on the list. So, Adam gets a job at Ben's company, charms the wife and kid, and infiltrates Ben's life to learn all the little details he will need to accomplish his evil pan. Along the way, Adam kills a private detective who has figured it all out and Ben's mother who is the only one who know that Ben has a clone. He also has sex with Ben's wife, who can't tell the difference. In the climax, Ben and Adam fight on the roof and one kills the other. At the end, we find out that evil Adam survived and that he's a better father to Ben's son and wife, neither of whom know they're now living with a murderous clone who has killed.
Out of all the suggestions, this sounds the closest. I'll have to check it out sometime to be sure. The others do sound like a lot of fun, too.
Old 07-17-13, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Way to go being a troll. How about instead of acting like a child and failing at insulting someone, you just don't say anything at all ? Nobody wants to hear your tiny brained comments that only you think are witty. How about actually contributing something to the world ? It would be a nice change from how you've lived your life thus far. Can you guess what I've just done ?
Why would you ask this question when you've already retroactively blocked his answer?
Old 07-17-13, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys are Elwes picking on Spottedfeather.
Old 07-17-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 189 Likes on 131 Posts

Cary on my wayward son...
Old 07-17-13, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't that scene happen in every single evil twin movie or tv show ever?
Old 07-17-13, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Years ago, I remember watching a movie, but I can't remember what the title was or who was in it. The movie was about this guy that had an evil twin. At the end of the movie, the good guy and the bad guy fight and, presumably, the good guy kills the bad guy. The wife of the good guy, and the guy that was still alive are hugging. The wife mentions something about that she's glad he's still alive (or something like that.) Then, the guy who is still alive does a certain gesture that the bad guy was known for (or that the good guy had never or couldn't do) revealing himself to be the bad guy and that it was actually the good guy that had been killed.

I'm pretty sure that this was a tv movie. Any ideas of what it is ?
THE BLACK ROOM (1935) with Boris Karloff:

http://trailersfromhell.com/the-black-room/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.