Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there an accurate site that has movie release dates for a given year, by month?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Is there an accurate site that has movie release dates for a given year, by month?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

So for example I want to look at films released in 1983. Easy enough, but I also want that list chronologically by release date.

Wikipedia has it the way I'm asking for recent years, but once you go farther back, they just have an alphabetical list. Is there a source out there that has chronological lists, to the day/month for, say the last 40 years or so? (I know release patterns varied widely for a lot of movies before that, with slow expansion, so for those I guess we can go by premiere/wide dates)

Basically I want to get a sense of when things came out in relation to other movies, week to week, month to month, maybe watch some movies in that order to get a sense of certain summers, or time periods.

Last edited by bluetoast; 06-25-13 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-26-13, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Is there an accurate site that has movie release dates for a given year, by month

Box Office Mojo will do that. On the left side of the screen under *box office* then *yearly*, 1983 as your example, then on the far right of the screen click on *open* which will chronologically list the movies starting from December back to January.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/...er=DESC&p=.htm