Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Fast and Furious 6?
It was awesome. Bring on Part 7!
61.04%
It was good, not great. Still entertained.
25.97%
It was just okay
5.19%
Didn't like it. But will continue watching the series
2.60%
Hated it. I'm done with the series. Screw Part 7, 8, 9
1.30%
I'm in this thread because I'm bored and I read every single thread in Movie Talk
2.60%
I'm lazy and will wait until it's released on BD this Fall
1.30%
I want to see this movie, but can't because of my damn kids.
0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Threa

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Just got back. Ridiculous fun. I just wish so much of it wasn't spoiled in the trailers. How awesome would that plane scene have been if you didn't know about it before hand?
I'll tell you -- I was amazingly awesome. On a lark, I stopped watching trailers for movies I anticipate with The Dark Knight. I don't know what exactly pushed me over the edge, but the trend of trailers giving away EVERYTHING just got to a point of ridiculousness for me. If I know I'm going to see a movie, I don't watch trailers. When I go to the theater, I will close my eyes when a trailer comes on (and even though I look like an idiot I plug my ears up sometimes too). If a commercial comes on when I'm watching TV live I will turn the channel. Doing this has increased my enjoyment of the movies I'm anticipating in the greatest of ways. What I like to do is watch the trailers for movies after I see them, and I'm just baffled at what is shown to get your ass in the seat.
Old 05-29-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Threa

Dom traded down by not picking Elena... she is a small hottie
Old 05-29-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOOOOO true. I thought I saw Miss Rodriguez sporting a lady stache a few times. Also, I thought we were gonna get a flash of Elena tit for a minute there.

BTW, isn't it funny that the one street racing scene slowed down the film for a few minutes? I turned to wifey and said those mutharfuckers (dom/letty) look to damn old to be there.
Old 05-29-13, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

btw, i have been to a few street races in my time and the girls that dress like the ones at the street race are sooooo true... honestly, they want the fucking attention... sooo weird...like whore central
Old 05-29-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got back. Ridiculous fun. I just wish so much of it wasn't spoiled in the trailers. How awesome would that plane scene have been if you didn't know about it before hand?
Yeah, well, lets be honest, this isn't the kind of film you and go and see for the plot .

So Fast 5, Furious 6. Cool. I think the action and racing in 6 was more fun, but the characters and humor was better in 5. Everyone had a role in 5 where as this one felt like people were forced in. Han and Gisele don't have much to do, and Tej and Roman felt underused as well.
I repeat: Gina Carano should've had a fight scene with Joe Taslim. You have a martial arts pairing like that, use it!! Although as with any ensemble piece, you're going to be struggling to find stuff for everybody to do.

The Statham reveal was huge and went over well with the crowd.
Yeah, my 10:00 showing went batshit, and rightfully so, it's about damn time they got him into this franchise, he'll make a cool villain.

I don't think the next one needs Hobbes.
The Rock has been one of the best things about this "new" FF franchise, I say keep him on.

Lastly, I thought the series was in need of some pruning in the cast. It was just getting too bloated, but damn they got rid of two of the hottest chicks in the series. Well, two if Elena doesn't return since Hobbes won't be back.
Yeah, they were probably wise to streamline things a bit. I wish they'd kept Carano around though, since she can actually fight, it'd have been easy to find something for her to do in the future. I'm assuming they got rid of her to get Elena back next to Hobbes. Apparently her and Dom's love affair was purely one of convenience, she leaves him like nothing happened .
Old 05-29-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

If they want to replace the Carano character with someone else who is known for something other than movies, they could do it with the racing aspect. While her acting would probably suck, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Danica Patrick to be a female driver in a future installment. They could pitch the idea that she did all of her own driving, like there's any way to prove that aspect.
Old 05-29-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Like I said in another thread, Kate Beckinsale belongs in this franchise. Get her behind a set of wheels.
Old 05-29-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Listen up, Expendables. Now this is how you do a ensemble action flick and I disagree to the one poster who keeps insisting that Taslim and Carano should've been throwin' elbows. Too predictable. I like what we got, two vicious girl fights and Taslim beating down Tyrese and Han easily. Probably the best scenes in this flick. Leave the MMA fighting in the Octagon.

Danica Patrick. Hmmmm, interesting.
Old 05-29-13, 12:19 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Was it over the top and ridiculous in many aspects? U bet but does anyone remember our favorite action films from the glorified 80's?? They were much the same over the top, ridiculousness, unrealistic but damn were they fun to watch.

Statham is a very worthy addition to the cast and him being the villain I think is great. I would prefer him to be the baddie. Also The Rock needs to continue his role. It can be more limited is fine but he should continue. I think it needs to be Dom asking for his help this time and should probably be limited to the "finale" part of the movie (i.e. bring in your heavy hitters to finally bring the guy down).

I also think they need to have Lucas Black come back for at least a small portion of the movie. While I am not a fan of his or his heavy accent I think it would tie things together well. Might want to even have DK show up for some of it (i.e. in cohoots with Statham's character perhaps).

Should be a fun part 7 so long as they don't blow the story too bad since they are rushing to get this one out there so fast.
Old 05-29-13, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BTW, has Vin Diesel lost the ability to talk? He was a little better in this than the last but damn if they don't need to caption his mumblin' ass.
Old 05-29-13, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
BTW, has Vin Diesel lost the ability to talk? He was a little better in this than the last but damn if they don't need to caption his mumblin' ass.
IDK, I didn't have any particular problems understanding him.
Old 05-29-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Was wondering when Black would work his way back into the fold, seems like this next one would be a good time.
Old 05-30-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Saw this one today. Loved it. I actually had a much better time at this one than I did at Hangover Part III yesterday. Joe Taslim and Gina Carano were great additions. Their fight scenes were big highlights. I'm not gonna lie...I geeked out BIG TIME at the appearance of Jason Statham. I'm really looking forward to the next installment.
Old 05-30-13, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I personally hope Black kills Statham in 7 and I can run around the theater giving everyone who hated Tokyo Drift the middle finger.
Old 05-30-13, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I personally hope Black kills Statham in 7 and I can run around the theater giving everyone who hated Tokyo Drift the middle finger.
That won't make Tokyo Drift a better movie.
Old 05-30-13, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That won't make Tokyo Drift a better movie.
Shut your mouth. Tokyo Drift is an underrated cinematic masterpiece.

IF YOU AIN'T OUTTA CONTROL, YOU AIN'T IN CONTROL.
Old 05-30-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The movie was awesome, though they made the Rock superhuman and that bridge jump scene was ridiculous.

What color was Statham's car at the end? I was wondering if they kept it consistent with TD. (White car in TD.)
Old 05-30-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Did they reshoot that scene? I just figured they CGI'd Statham into existing footage.
Old 05-30-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Great fucking time at the movies. I've only seen 2,1 and 5 (in that order) but this probably bests them all, with 5 as a second.

I love the different pairings while going for recon: Kang and Tyrese, Johnson and Ludakris, Ludakris and Tyrese, Diesel and Walker, Carrano and Godot, shit this is a Rubik's cube. They all played off each other well.

Also love the little moments like the hugs, high fives when people meet each other again, such as when Paul Walker got back from prison and greeted everyone.

Only weird part was Carrano being a bad guy, since she got shot up by her own people and then got into a fight with Michelle Rodriguez which from her perspective was not necessary if they were on the SAME TEAM.

Great action set pieces as well.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Plus, aren't both Shaw brothers international criminals?
They should be after ripping off King Kong in The Mighty Peking Man.
Old 05-30-13, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
The movie was awesome, though they made the Rock superhuman and that bridge jump scene was ridiculous.

What color was Statham's car at the end? I was wondering if they kept it consistent with TD. (White car in TD.)
The car was consistent. There's still the issue of how Lucas Black didn't see Statham walking over to drop the dog tags, but I guess they could be on opposite sides of the crash so it just looks like a normal guy looking at the scene.
Old 05-30-13, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The car was consistent. There's still the issue of how Lucas Black didn't see Statham walking over to drop the dog tags, but I guess they could be on opposite sides of the crash so it just looks like a normal guy looking at the scene.
In Drift the white car is on the opposite side of Han's car and out of Lucas' viewpoint.

I believe they used stock footage from TD with the exception of the cars hitting. I believe he got out of the white Mercedes and walked away from Lucas so storywise he probably just didn't see him as he was focusing on Han.

If you watch the scene in drift you can see someone checking to see if the driver is ok though lol. At least the windows were tinted during the crash.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zml7qQpL8Yo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-30-13, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Quick correction but it was the crucifix necklace Letty let Owen Shaw keep.
Old 05-30-13, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Where is the info about Statham being the brother and his name being Ian? I don't doubt it but I want to know since it's not mentioned in the movie or credits.
Old 05-30-13, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Quick correction but it was the crucifix necklace Letty let Owen Shaw keep.
Oops, yeah the crucifix. I was thinking back to the initial leaked spoiler where I think they called them dog tags.
Old 05-31-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Where is the info about Statham being the brother and his name being Ian? I don't doubt it but I want to know since it's not mentioned in the movie or credits.
Well, not sure where the name came from but Owen mentioned his brother during the conversation with Dominic (after his race with Letty) when they were talking about living by a code.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.