Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

McClane (Die Hard 6) (D: Wiseman) - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

McClane (Die Hard 6) (D: Wiseman) - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Die Hard 6 - News, rumors, etc.

The funny thing is, in Nothing Lasts Forever, the novel Die Hard was based upon, McClane was a broken and tired private detective who was in Los Angeles to visit his daughter. The character was the same age Willis is now.
Old 10-15-15, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
When Willis wants to make quality stuff, he does. But more often than not lately it is all about the paycheck.
He's been on a roll lately with all those straight-to-video masterpieces.
Old 10-15-15, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
The funny thing is, in Nothing Lasts Forever, the novel Die Hard was based upon, McClane was a broken and tired private detective who was in Los Angeles to visit his daughter. The character was the same age Willis is now.
Exactly, I dont need super hero McClane again.
Old 10-15-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I'd still rather see the DIE HARD 24x7 mash-up between McClane and Jack Bauer.
Old 10-15-15, 01:21 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I'd like to hear Jack yell "John, we're running out of time, dammit!" With John replying with "Stop all the goddamn yellin'! I know what I'm doing. "
Old 10-21-15, 03:32 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

News broke recently that Underworld director Len Wiseman has signed on to helm a sixth Die Hard film, tentatively titled Die Hard: Year One.

It's rumored that the film will be a prequel set long before the events of the first Die Hard, and may only feature longtime star Bruce Willis in flash-forward scenes.

ET caught up with Willis at the New York premiere of his new film Rock the Kasbah on Monday, and the 60-year-old action star said he's excited about revisiting the franchise.

"It's a very good idea, a really tricky idea, and I'm very happy about it," Willis shared. "It's a really cool idea, because it's the origin story. It's gonna happen at the beginning of this. We're going to bounce back and forth."

In 1988, Willis was the right man in the wrong place at the wrong time as the iconic hero cop John McClane, who put his life on the line to save an office building full of innocent people from murderous thieves in the original Die Hard.

McClane then found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time over and over again across a series of increasingly wild and crazy misadventures, until his most recent romp through Russia in 2013's A Good Day to Die Hard, the fifth installment in the series.

Willis and the Die Hard franchise are basically inseparable, and the Rock the Kasbah star revealed that he's "probably going to produce" the new installment.

As for who might be assuming the mantle of a young John McClane, Willis revealed nothing has been decided.

"We're not there yet," Willis said. "Hopefully he's got a hard head."

Willis' new film Rock the Kasbah, starring Bill Murray, Kate Hudson and Zooey Deschanel, hits theaters Oct. 23.

While Die Hard 6 won't be hitting the big screen for a few more years, there are a number of highly anticipated sequels coming out this year. Check out the video below to see which big budget sequels we are (and were) most excited to see in 2015.
http://www.etonline.com/movies/17439...appy_about_it/
Old 10-21-15, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Like Willis gives a fuck. Yeah, it's a great idea for his bank account.
Old 10-21-15, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
It would be physically impossible for it be any worse than the last film. Though at this point, I think all hopes for a 24 feature are probably done.
Old 10-21-15, 04:29 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Arnold sucked Terminator Genysis' dick too and look how that turned out. Fuck these has been action stars plugging bullshit abortions of their iconic movies just to line their fat wallets with a few more dollars.
Old 01-17-16, 03:07 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
re: McClane (Die Hard 6) (D: Wiseman) - News, rumors, etc.

When Len Wiseman posed a picture of the title Die Hard: Year One, early reports suggested that Bruce Willis would only appear in two bookending sequences to introduce and close out a story about younger John McClane. But when I spoke to Wiseman one-on-one, he clarified that Willis will be in more than two scenes.

Wiseman was on a Television Critics Association for the Fox show Lucifer, for which he directed the pilot and produced. I approached him after the panel to ask him about Die Hard: Year One.

“He will be more present than that,” Wiseman said. “This character of course is modern day and the origin story if you can call it that has ramifications on present day McClane. What it’s not is it’s not a cameo bookend scenario. It’s a prequel/sequel hybrid that I really haven’t seen before and is incredibly different.”

In describing the early story that informs the John McClane we’ve known since 1988’s Die Hard, Wiseman emphasized his relationship with Holly, played by Bonnie Bedelia in the first two movies and not seen since.

“I also just really wondered what was the relationship,” Wiseman said. “When did he first meet Holly? It’s actually the love story that has not been told.”

I asked Wiseman if Bedelia could appear in the present day scenes, something Die Hard fans have been hoping for since her first omission in 1995’s Die Hard With a Vengeance. That was one question Wiseman wouldn’t answer. He pointed at me as if to indicate that was a good question.

Wiseman, who directed 2007’s Live Free or Die Hard, did elaborate on the prequel aspect of Die Hard: Year One. Specifically, that nothing can make John McClane so famous that people would have heard of him in 1988 during the Nakatomi hostage situation.

“For sure, because he can’t be the superhero,” Wiseman said. “It’s a delicate balance of giving you a sense of what started McClane, because McClane when he comes into Die Hard 1 has a lot of emotional baggage, baggage in general moreso than a lot of our other action characters in the sense that he’s already divorced. He’s got an incredible chip on his shoulder. He’s bitter. His captain hates him, doesn’t want him back in New York. What caused all that? Why was he already that guy?”

Die Hard: Year One is in development at 20th Century Fox.
http://www.slashfilm.com/die-hard-ye...s/#more-334864
Old 01-17-16, 03:10 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I hate this idea immensely.
Old 01-17-16, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wiseman is such a fucking dipshit. Who cares about all this backstory?
Old 01-17-16, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

....John McClane was just a regular cop in DH1. What else could there be to him before that? He's got issues w/ Holly when we meet him in DH1. That's all you need of him for backstory.
Old 01-17-16, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The idea of some sort of weird sequel/prequel thing doesn't bother me, but putting McClane in some sort of situation where he's a bad ass prior to the events of the first Die Hard just doesn't seem right to me. And toning it down to something that wouldn't make him famous or trying to explore his relationship with Bonnie doesn't seem particularly interesting.
Old 01-17-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm glad I stopped caring about this franchise years ago.
Old 01-17-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

This sounds incredibly stupid. I wanted one more film to make up for A Good Day to Die Hard that would just end the franchise. The idea of a prequel is dumb because McClane was just a regular cop in the first film and that's the start of the character we know. There's no need for any more backstory.
Old 01-17-16, 04:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Wiseman fucks Kate Beckinsale. Like literally puts his peeps in her vagina. He's ok with me!
Old 01-17-16, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Wiseman fucks Kate Beckinsale. Like literally puts his peeps in her vagina. He's ok with me!
They're getting a divorce. He's banging a younger chick.
Old 01-17-16, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apparently...*checks google* he is. Some 24 year old model called CJ Franco.
Old 01-17-16, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Kate Beckinsale is hotter, though. Is she starting to look old or something?
Old 01-17-16, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Or redo 'The Detective' from 1968 to fit into the Diehard series as an actual ending.
Old 01-17-16, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Fuck these has been action stars plugging bullshit abortions of their iconic movies just to line their fat wallets with a few more dollars.
Old 01-17-16, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

They should just go with the idea that the guy who took out a full page ad in Variety pitched a couple of months ago. Sounds better than this Bonnie love story.
Old 01-17-16, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
....John McClane was just a regular cop in DH1. What else could there be to him before that?
According to the novel he ...

Spoiler:
... came up with the idea to put small items of merchandise in large, impossible to open blister packs to deter shoplifters.

I guess you could make a movie where the Internet finds out about it and everyone in America tries to murder him.
Old 01-17-16, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
They're getting a divorce. He's banging a younger chick.
Originally Posted by islandclaws
Wiseman is such a fucking dipshit.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.