Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

McClane (Die Hard 6) (D: Wiseman) - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

McClane (Die Hard 6) (D: Wiseman) - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-13, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Die Hard 6: Die Hardest (S: Schwimmer, LaBeouf)

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I threw that in there. I could careless but you get a nickel for finding me out!
I love me some cakes, though. I was just foolin' about.
I was playing along.

But, seriously, do not see the appeal of the thigh gap.
Old 11-21-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I was playing along.

But, seriously, do not see the appeal of the thigh gap.
It depends on the girl. Usually the tall ones look better with that, like the Uma Thurman types, but if they're regular sized, they usually cannot have them unless they lose a lot of weight. And then they look weird.
Old 11-21-13, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

It depends on the girl. Usually the tall ones look better with that, like the Uma Thurman types, but if they're regular sized, they usually cannot have them unless they lose a lot of weight. And then they look weird.
If it's her natural body type, I get it. Not something I look for but in that case it makes sense for a girl to have it. But if you have to literally starve to get it, yuck.
Old 11-21-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp
If it's her natural body type, I get it. Not something I look for but in that case it makes sense for a girl to have it. But if you have to literally starve to get it, yuck.
Agreed,
Old 10-14-15, 08:27 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

You can't kill Die Hard.

The franchise centering on the near-immortal NYPD cop John McClane is gearing up for its sixth installment at Fox, with Live Free Or Die Hard director Len Wiseman and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura teaming to develop the project, THR has confirmed

The film is still looking to attach a screenwriter, but the story is meant to be a prequel to the action series. Set in 1979, the newest addition to the franchise will show how McClane became the rough and tumble cop that audiences know.

The plan is for Bruce Willis to reprise his role of McClane, with a different actor coming in to play the younger version of the character.

Beginning with the first film in 1988, the Die Hard franchise has grossed over $1.4 billion at the worldwide box office, not accounting for inflation.

The last film in the series, A Good Day Die Hard, lagged in North America, grossing $67.3 million. It made up ground overseas for a worldwide total of $304.7 million.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ebook_20151014
Old 10-14-15, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Die Hard 6 - News, rumors, etc.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/die-hard...el-1201582142/

Back in development.

Len Wiseman and Lorenzo di Bonaventura are overseeing it. Looking for a new screenwriter.

Supposedly they want to make this a prequel with a young McClane and also keep Willis in the mix as well.
Old 10-14-15, 08:45 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

That sounds like the worst fucking idea I've ever heard. No thanks.
Old 10-14-15, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Len Wiseman

Prequel movie

NO WAY this could be any good whatsoever.
Old 10-14-15, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,209 Likes on 2,071 Posts

I have absolutely ZERO faith in a Die Hard prequel. However, a French Connection/Serpico style 1970s film with John McClane could be cool.

Of course they'll have to re-edit part 2 so McClane says, "How can the same shit happen to the same guy three times!"
Old 10-14-15, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Not sure how a prequel would work with Willis involved. Honestly it's best to just scrap the series at this point.
Old 10-14-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If only Rob Cohen was somehow involved...
Old 10-14-15, 11:24 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I would like to believe that while John McClane was always up for the task of the events in Die Hard, he hadn't been in any situation that was that intense, so a prequel seems kind of stupid. That's unless there's a cybernetic organism sent from the future to kill John McClane.
Old 10-14-15, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
I would like to believe that while John McClane was always up for the task of the events in Die Hard, he hadn't been in any situation that was that intense, so a prequel seems kind of stupid. That's unless there's a cybernetic organism sent from the future to kill John McClane.
Yeah agreed. In the original film it's likely that McClane was never in a situation like that before so making a prequel that would presumably put him in a similar situation would be dumb. Granted the sequels kind of ruined the everyday man in an extraordinary situation idea of the first film anyways so I guess in some ways it doesn't matter.
Old 10-14-15, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe they could do one about the FBI agents in fuckin' Saigon.
Old 10-14-15, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,209 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
Maybe they could do one about the FBI agents in fuckin' Saigon.
I was in junior high, dickhead.

Maybe in the prequel we get to see Powell accidentally shoot the little kid.
Old 10-15-15, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

John McClane in his younger days = Fail
Bruce Willis really not playing McClane in the next movie = Fail
Len Wiseman Directing = Fail

If they go along with this then its gonna be a mess. The last movie was truly one of the worst movies i have seen in the last decade. I was bored to tears by it, and thats something that should never happen with a Die Hard movie. They turned an everyman into an indestructible killing machine and in doing so took away everything that made the character great in the first movie.

I think the best thing for this is to try doing something a little similar to Die Hard with A Vengeance. There they tried placing the character into a different kind of situation (it still ended up being a heist), and it made it more interesting. Forget just plunking McClane in a different city and using that as the ploy to sell the movie. How about McClane goes after a serial killer (but not something like Striking Distance....please), anything that tries to inject some life into this series.
Old 10-15-15, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I thought there was a script or idea floating around of an older, broken and tired McClane attending an anniversary of the Nakatomi incident and terrorist attack again. That is a movie I would like to see. Scale it down like the original and have 1 final film.
Old 10-15-15, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by stingermck
I thought there was a script or idea floating around of an older, broken and tired McClane attending an anniversary of the Nakatomi incident and terrorist attack again. That is a movie I would like to see. Scale it down like the original and have 1 final film.
Yea... that was the rumor. And not a bad idea. Maybe they'll still use that and parallel the two... but that is doubtful.
Old 10-15-15, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 980 Likes on 691 Posts

I get that they're going to keep pumping these things out until they stop making money, but is anyone else like me sitting around and waiting for Bruce Willis to make something great? I always thought Willis was talented enough to do really good work, but he seems to be content just doing one half-assed action movie after another. I guess I just figured at some point he would get a chance in something a little bit meatier. I thought he was really good in Moonrise Kingdom, but that's about the only thing he's done outside of generic action crap in at least a decade. He's even slumming it with the likes of John Cusack in DTV stuff. Sorry for the digression, but am I just really overrating his acting ability? Is this as good as it gets for Willis these days?
Old 10-15-15, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I get that they're going to keep pumping these things out until they stop making money, but is anyone else like me sitting around and waiting for Bruce Willis to make something great? I always thought Willis was talented enough to do really good work, but he seems to be content just doing one half-assed action movie after another. I guess I just figured at some point he would get a chance in something a little bit meatier. I thought he was really good in Moonrise Kingdom, but that's about the only thing he's done outside of generic action crap in at least a decade. He's even slumming it with the likes of John Cusack in DTV stuff. Sorry for the digression, but am I just really overrating his acting ability? Is this as good as it gets for Willis these days?
When Willis wants to make quality stuff, he does. But more often than not lately it is all about the paycheck.
Old 10-15-15, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought Die Hard 1 was McClane in his younger days?

WTF?!?!
Old 10-15-15, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by rocket1312
He seems to be able to deliver good performances even if the movies he stars in suck or are just mindless entertainment. I'd argue he did a great job with Looper, though it's not exactly award-worthy I suppose. He was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe for In Country, but that came out in 1989 (I've never seen and vaguely remember it existing). But he's fully capable of getting with the right writers, directors, etc. and do something great, but he just doesn't seem that interested in doing so. Same with Cusack for that matter.
Old 10-15-15, 10:33 AM

I thought Die Hard 1 was McClane in his younger days?

WTF?!?!
Nah, this was:

Old 10-15-15, 10:37 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

i like to think of Moonlighting as the prequel. Die Hard 1 was awesome because you had no idea bruce willis could pull off that kind of action at the time. regular detective mcclane becomes the badass throughout that movie and not anytime before.

motherfucker was even nervous about flying at the beginning!
Old 10-15-15, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by HN
i like to think of Moonlighting as the prequel. Die Hard 1 was awesome because you had no idea bruce willis could pull off that kind of action at the time. regular detective mcclane becomes the badass throughout that movie and not anytime before.

motherfucker was even nervous about flying at the beginning!
Which reminds me...why didn't they ever bring back Businessman (Robert Lesser):

I know it was just indirectly his fault for McClane never having shoes on, but it would still be funny to see Willis repeat "Make fists with your shoes...Here's your fist!" *punch* during a stressful moment in a sequel. But that should've been done in Die Hard 2 when people still had that moment from the first movie fresh in their minds.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.