Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-15, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Originally Posted by stingermck
And on the flip side I have always wanted a game like the movies.
Did you play RE 6?
Old 09-21-15, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Well I hope this means the rebooted movies will have lots of typewriters.
Old 09-21-15, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
Well I hope this means the rebooted movies will have lots of typewriters.
and the actors move like this...

Old 09-21-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kd5
I hope this is 'The Final Chapter'. I kept expecting Retribution to be the end of it (5's a good number...) but I'll be goddamned if it didn't lead into yet another chapter. Don't get me wrong, I like Resident Evil, but 6 fucking chapters? C'mon...
It's surprising not so much because I dislike the franchise (I'm pretty indifferent to it), but because I never got the impression it was a huge moneymaker. Obviously someone must like these things, maybe they do better business on video and digital or something.
Old 09-21-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

These films make a nice profit worldwide and are moderately cheap to make. Regardless if their is a reboot or a continuation to this series they will make more.
Old 10-08-15, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER / 8 OCT 2015
MILLA JOVAVICH'S STUNT DOUBLE ALMOST KILLED ON NEW RESIDENT EVIL MOVIE

Professional stuntwoman Olivia Jackson suffered a near-fatal accident on the set of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter back in September, and the extent of her injuries have just been reported.

Jackson was the stunt double of star Milla Jovovich.

Photo via Milla Jovavich.

"I sit down to write this post with a heavy heart, because a terrible accident rocked our set on Saturday the 5th of September" wrote Jovovich on her Facebook page. "My incredibly talented stunt double, Olivia Jackson, collided with a camera crane while performing a motorcycle stunt and it put her in the hospital with severe, multiple injuries."

A friend of Jackson's recently shared the list of her injuries, as reported by Jackson herself on her Facebook page. They included two weeks in a coma, brain bleed, brain swelling, crushed and degloved face, a severed main artery in her neck, broken ribs, paralyzed arm, shattered scapula, broken clavicle and humerus and amputated thumb, among others.

"I wasn’t personally there to witness it, but from the reports I got, it was awful", continued Jovovich. "None of us have experienced anything like this in our careers making action films and hope we never do again, but the production reacted very quickly to ensure she received the best care and also in reaching out to her family and making sure they were informed and looked after during this overwhelmingly difficult time. Thank God, they have been by her side through out this harrowing week."

Jackson has worked on some of the biggest blockbusters of the last five years including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Mad Max: Fury Road and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...ent-evil-movie
Old 10-09-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I read that earlier, the injuries listed is crazy.
Old 10-13-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Milla's stunt double woke up from her coma and posted her crazy laundry list of injuries on her FB page. Noticed a similar list posted above ^^

2 weeks in a coma, brain bleed, brain swelling, severed main artery in the neck, crushed & degloved face, several broken ribs, paralyzed arm, shattered scapula, broken clavicle, broken humerus, broken radius & ulna, with an open wound and a 7.5 piece of bone missing, amputated thumb, torn fingers, 5 nerves torn out of the spinal cord…. not my funnest day on set.”

She's lucky to be alive.
Old 10-13-15, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah don't google "degloved face".
Old 10-13-15, 01:50 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
Yeah don't google "degloved face".
Old 10-13-15, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I kind of knew wtf that was but... I still searched for it. Fuck.

EDIT: WTF does she look like now? She pretty much topped Jackie Chan for injuries in one movie.
Old 10-13-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Degloved face = Face off. I refuse to look up the images but I figure her faced was skinned off her skull or shredded into ribbons.
Old 10-19-15, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Korea’s Lee Joon-gi to Star in ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’
October 19, 2015 | 06:48AM PT
Sonia Kil

In-demand Korean singer-actor, Lee Joon-gi has joined the cast of “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter,” the sixth instalment and franchise finale of the “Resident Evil” series. He plays the Umbrella Corporation’s Commander Lee.

“Resident Evil” star Milla Jovovich posted an Instagram selfie with Lee (aka Lee Jun-ki) on Friday, revealing they were filming together. Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems confirmed Lee’s casting on Monday.

It is the first Hollywood role for Lee, who came to prominence in 2005 for his role in Lee Joon-ik’s hit period drama “The King and the Clown.” Lee previously starred in Korea-Japan co-production “Virgin Snow,” and recently finished shooting Chinese film “Begin Again,” which was previously known as “Under the Sicily Sun.”

Other Korean stars recently finding their way to Hollywood include Lee Byung-hun (“RED,” “G.I. Joe,” “Terminator: Genisys”), Choi Min-sik (“Lucy”), and Lee Ki-hong (“Mazerunner”) as well as Song Kang-ho “(Snowpiercer”.)

“Resident Evil 6”, produced by Jeremy Bolt, and written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, is currently shooting on location in Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa. The franchise is based on the Capcom’s popular survival horror video game series of the same title.

“Final Chapter” will be distributed in Korea by Sony Pictures Releasing Buena Vista.

Picking up immediately after the events in “Resident Evil: Retribution,” “Final Chapter” finds humanity is on its last legs and Alice (Jovovich) must return to Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is preparing for a final strike against the survivors of the apocalypse.
Old 10-19-15, 10:33 AM

Those god damn eyes on Milla
Old 12-21-15, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just read a story about the stuntwoman that was almost killed is going to lose an arm.

http://news.yahoo.com/resident-evil-...lfMQRzZWMDc2M-

"My left arm is paralysed and is going to have to be amputated," she told the The Sun newspaper (via Yahoo Movies). "My facial scarring is horrible and I wish I had my old face. But I'm truly grateful to be alive."
Old 12-21-15, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Just read a story about the stuntwoman that was almost killed is going to lose an arm.

Link?
Old 12-21-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Updated
Old 12-21-15, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

That's heartbreaking. She's been working in some big movies that we all love on here. Best of luck. I hope she keeps spirits up.

And I hope this installment is epic. Eagerly awaiting a trailer. The last installment had some great feeling moments with that score. But was relatively plotless and disappointing.

I like the RE movies. There's something about the Orwellian fantasy tech that's a lot of fun. Zombies are good. And they always find a few really good moments in each movie. Paul Anderson (and Co) has a penchant for gutwrenching violence, where you really feel the person die. And then they're littered with stuff that doesn't click for me.

And I don't know what the influence is. If it's Asian cinema or whatever. There's something about the absurd and contrived action pieces that are really fun to watch. And is it okay to call them ... original?

The way the "what if" tech and story comes together - always plays out like a fantasy.
Old 12-23-15, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

http://kotaku.com/crew-member-report...-ev-1749509384

There is, unfortunately, more grim news from the set of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, where a crew member was reportedly crushed to death earlier this month. A stuntwoman who’d been injured also recently said that her injuries will cost her an arm.

South African website IOL reports that a resident of Cape Town, South Africa named Ricardo Cornelius was crushed by a US army issue Hummer on the set of the upcoming movie—which is being filmed in South Africa. As a crew member, Cornelius was apparently responsible for rotating a small platform that held the Hummer, but on December 3rd it tilted and the vehicle landed on him. He was reportedly rushed to the hospital, but he died of his injuries hours later.There is, unfortunately, more grim news from the set of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, where a crew member was reportedly crushed to death earlier this month. A stuntwoman who’d been injured also recently said that her injuries will cost her an arm.

South African website IOL reports that a resident of Cape Town, South Africa named Ricardo Cornelius was crushed by a US army issue Hummer on the set of the upcoming movie—which is being filmed in South Africa. As a crew member, Cornelius was apparently responsible for rotating a small platform that held the Hummer, but on December 3rd it tilted and the vehicle landed on him. He was reportedly rushed to the hospital, but he died of his injuries hours later.
Sheesh.
Old 12-23-15, 07:14 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

it's too bad this one will be a POS like the others and not be able to honor the carnage proper...
Old 12-23-15, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm surprised we never hear of this happening more often. I would imagine the F&F series would have a list itself.
Old 12-24-15, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OldBoy
it's too bad this one will be a POS like the others and not be able to honor the carnage proper...

What do you mean "honor the carnage proper?" You do know it's a job, right? Whether it's a big budget "prestigious" film or a B-movie - work is work. Shit unfortunately happens and that's it.
Old 08-05-16, 06:36 PM

Old 08-05-16, 07:34 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

Originally Posted by dex14
Fury Road much...
Old 08-05-16, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017, D: Paul W.S. Anderson) S: Milla Jovovich

I can't wait for another recap to start a movie off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.