DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Would You Want To See Another Matrix Movie? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/609078-would-you-want-see-another-matrix-movie.html)

Osiris3657 03-02-13 11:52 PM

Would You Want To See Another Matrix Movie?

Just curious is others feel about another Matrix movie. Would you be interested in it?
Unlike seemingly most people, I didn't hate the sequels. I genuinely liked the 2nd one and the 3rd one was entertaining as well. Of course neither came close to meeting the standard set by the 1st movie.

Personally I'd love to see another Matrix movie.

Osiris3657 03-02-13 11:52 PM

Re: Would You Want To See Another Matrix Movie?

Goddamnit I meant for this to be a poll. Fuck!

inri222 03-03-13 12:01 AM

No!!!!!!

JumpCutz 03-03-13 12:10 AM

I appreciate your enthusiasm Osiris3657, but I'm not really interested in seeing another Matrix film.

The Antipodean 03-03-13 12:45 AM

I'd like two less than we got.

Drexl 03-03-13 12:54 AM

I'm not sure. If they can keep trotting out superheroes again and again, why not The Matrix? It has been nearly 10 years since the sequels. Although, I wonder if it really was a product of its time that may not work so well today, like how I feel about Ghostbusters.

It would have to be a fresh start - new cast, new story, etc. I'd even refrain from calling it The Matrix Rebooted, just to distance it from the sequel names.

wearetheborg 03-03-13 01:40 AM

Yes, I'd like to continue the franchise.

dugan 03-03-13 01:41 AM

Another Animatrix, sure.

fumanstan 03-03-13 01:49 AM

I didn't hate the 2nd and 3rd movies, so i'd see another.

fitprod 03-03-13 02:45 AM

No.

Tarantino 03-03-13 06:02 AM

Yes.

MoviePage 03-03-13 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc (Post 11599370)
I'd like two less than we got.

:up:

Ash Ketchum 03-03-13 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by dugan (Post 11599390)
Another Animatrix, sure.

Ditto.

Jason 03-03-13 07:31 AM

I'd see another one, but not a reboot.

Somewhere in the second and third movies is one kickass sequel.

Osiris3657 03-03-13 09:08 AM

Would you all be more or less interested if the Wachowskis weren't attached to a new Matrix film?

auto 03-03-13 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 11599340)
Goddamnit I meant for this to be a poll. Fuck!

You can still add the poll. Select the option from Thread Tools (top right in the OP).

RocShemp 03-03-13 10:10 AM

I'd like to see another one. As Jason said, "somewhere in the second and third movies is one kickass sequel". Besides, am I the only one that thought Cypher was right and Morpheus was wrong? The planet is screwed. Living in the Matrix, ignorant of how dead the surface world really is, was far more favorable than living underground eating a "bowl of snot" every day.

Troy Stiffler 03-03-13 10:25 AM

no.

Osiris3657 03-03-13 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by auto (Post 11599500)
You can still add the poll. Select the option from Thread Tools (top right in the OP).

Thanks

Indy Jones Fan 03-03-13 11:44 AM

I think I'd be more interested in a prequel than a another sequel. A movie of how the Matrix came to be as a result of the war? I guess we kinda got that with the Terminator movies though so it might come off as a retread of that material.

inri222 03-03-13 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 11599497)
Would you all be more or less interested if the Wachowskis weren't attached to a new Matrix film?

No

Supermallet 03-03-13 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 11599337)
Unlike seemingly most people, I didn't hate the sequels. I genuinely liked the 2nd one and the 3rd one was entertaining as well. Of course neither came close to meeting the standard set by the 1st movie.

I just had to watch the sequels for work, and it's amazing how much useless crap is shoved in there. There's no reason that those needed to be two movies. They could have cut them down into one (still bad) movie.

The original was a cool idea, and the Animatrix had some good entries, but the whole thing was better as a one and done.

Rob V 03-03-13 04:45 PM

Yup... I'd be all in.

Hokeyboy 03-03-13 04:59 PM

The first Matrix, for all of its high-falutin special effects and whackadoo philosophical concepts, was still a lean-and-mean action/scifi thriller. That's because the Wachowskis were answerable to the studio to deliver, especially given that they were basically unproven talents.

The sequels, as much as I enjoyed them, were admittedly bloated and uneven. They had carte blanche and it showed.

Similar to Two Towers and Return of the King. When you get the Keys to the Kingdom, you end up wallowing in your own self-indulgence. Although Jackson's results were better than the Wachowskis, but still flawed.

That said, I'd love to see another movie. Why not?

foofighters7 03-03-13 05:43 PM

As long as the raves are longer and sweatier with more glow sticks, I'm there!