DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   In space no one can hear you baaa: Horror Movie Sheep (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/609051-space-no-one-can-hear-you-baaa-horror-movie-sheep.html)

ruddiger_718 03-06-13 04:04 PM

Re: In space no one can hear you baaa: Horror Movie Sheep

I am genuinely sad this is over, congrats to Tarantino ad thank you to Brainee and everyone participating. Now that I understand the game, I'll be looking foreword to future versions. I just with I had the patience to run one.

brainee 03-06-13 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by ruddiger_718 (Post 11604437)
I am genuinely sad this is over, congrats to Tarantino ad thank you to Brainee and everyone participating. Now that I understand the game, I'll be looking foreword to future versions. I just with I had the patience to run one.

Your answers were good. The only thing that separated you from the players in the top half of the standings was how you played the slams: not getting any on the best scoring questions (highest bodycount, best decade, best music, favorite zombie movie, scariest movie).

JasonF 03-06-13 04:25 PM

Man, did I suck. But despite pretyt much throwing away all my slam ducks (seriously, people -- nobody else said the Shining for that last one!?) and despite not being much of a fan of horror, I still managed to come in not last! I will take that as a moral victory.

WTG Tarantino, and thanks brainee for all your hard work running the game.

RagingBull80 03-06-13 04:28 PM

Excellent game! Thanks Brainee!

I'm psyched I came in in fifth place. :banana:

SterlingBen and I were right there together the last half of the game.

RagingBull80 03-06-13 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF (Post 11604471)
(seriously, people -- nobody else said the Shining for that last one!?)

I almost went with The Shining on that one. I switched to The Exorcist at the last minute.

cnicholls44 03-06-13 04:42 PM

thanks for running the game brainee and congrats to Tarantino.

I think I used my slams very well. I just sucked at everything else.

brainee 03-06-13 04:44 PM

Just out of curiousity, I tabulated the scores if there were no slams. So for those of you completely opposed to them, meet the "real" winner ...

Spoiler:
Tarantino -133
Kal Varnsen -131
rocket1312 -129
Todd B. -123
Imprint -121
orangecrush -118
Rockmjd23 -118
bunkaroo -117
Boba Fett -115
Jules Winfield -111
ivelostr2 -110
RagingBull80 -110
Crocker Jarmen -107
wishbone -106
SterlingBen -104
cruzness -102
Fist of Doom -98
Howie2000 -98
dhmac -95
Obi-Wan Jabroni -90
TBC -85
devilshalo -80
cardsfan111 -79
ruddiger_718 -77
Groucho -74
hasslein -64
cnicholls44 -61
Mountain Biker -60
J. Farley -59
JasonF -50
Damfino -30

Rockmjd23 03-06-13 04:51 PM

Wow, Tarantino got robbed!

Damfino 03-06-13 05:06 PM

Congrats to Tarantino!

And thanks to brainee, these were good questions, so it's not your fault most people got the answers wrong.

Next game I must try to be wronger, but at least I closed the gap on JasonF!

Jules Winfield 03-06-13 05:16 PM

Congrats, Tarantino! Also thanks to brainee!

This was really fun and it certainly helped that my first sheep was about a topic that I fucking love. Many of the answers made me want to bust them off my blu-ray/DVD shelf and watch them right away. And for the record even though I chose some of the answers I did, the best horror score is Suspiria, my favorite Vincent Price is The Abominable Dr. Phibes, the best foreign horror is Let the Right One In and the scariest movie of all time is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. And the best ghost movie is Casper.

P.S.-I beat Damfino!

TheBang 03-06-13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 11604406)
trying to spruce up the revealing of results. Not to mention keeping track of scores.

I thought you did really well with that. You got me with the Exorcist/Psycho one.

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 11604406)
I do think limiting slams helped out (no one played them perfectly, even Tarantino).

I did like this aspect. It means the game didn't come down to simply trying to find the single sheepiest answer.

Thanks for running the game, and congrats to Tarantino!

Rockmjd23 03-06-13 06:47 PM

Politics and World Events Sheep posted!

Fist of Doom 03-06-13 07:49 PM

Great job, brainee, and congrats to Tarantino.

hasslein 03-06-13 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 11604075)
Omega Man isn't even a zombie movie :hscratch: Though I guess people are getting broader with what constitutes a zombie movie these days, with things like 28 Days Later.

Oh yeah, they're just sick, huh? I don't like zombie movies & not a big horror fan, maybe that would help explain my terrible score. Thanks for a great game!

Kal Varnsen 03-06-13 09:10 PM

I was so close! Thanks to brainee for running the game.

brainee 03-06-13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein (Post 11604761)
Oh yeah, they're just sick, huh? I don't like zombie movies & not a big horror fan, maybe that would help explain my terrible score. Thanks for a great game!

Actually I rewatched Omega Man pretty recently (through Amazon Prime streaming). It's certainly a different take on "I Am Legend". While the Vincent Price and Will Smith versions have the infected be very much like vampires/zombies, Omega Man is much less "monstrous". They turn albino, psychotic ... but still capable of rational actions at times.

I'm feeling sheeped-out at the moment, so I'm passing on the next game. But I'd probably be up for the March Madness game (if that gets going).

Crocker Jarmen 03-06-13 10:33 PM

This was a lot of fun. These days I'm working a ton, so I've been stuck at the computer, so it was a real blast to have this game to follow along the last three days.

Big round of appluase for brainee!!! I'm impressed with the amount of work that went into tabulating all the scores, but I'm even more impressed by the grand sense of showmenship you display revealing the answers. You kept me on my toes with lots of great fake outs. All the clips and pictures you selected were superb.

A lot of fun. Thanks.

This was the first Sheep game I played. Is this the first one that limited the slam dunks? I could see how allowing people to play all the slam dunks on a single question could lead to a too soon victory and deflate fun from the remainder of the game. I hope other games follow this lead.

As for The Exorcist rerelease, I saw it several times during the theatrical run of THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE (my office was around the corner from a theater and I used to go there to take a break, catch a movie Don Draper style, ahh, God bless the late 90's early 2000's economy). I remember people being talky at first, trying to MST2000 the film, but at the halfway point the audience was under it's spell. The images and soundtrack are so effective in that film. It is one of my fondest theater going experiences.

The only part I excused the laughs for was the dopey "spidar walk" scene, which is too extreme and the effects are too cheesy it should have been left out. All that was missing was the Benny Hill music when they had the sped up shot of her coming down those stairs.

SterlingBen 03-07-13 12:07 AM

Will anyone do a big 50+ person Horror sheep during the OHMC?

brainee 03-07-13 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 11604980)
Will anyone do a big 50+ person Horror sheep during the OHMC?

:fart: