DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Killer Crow -- D: Tarantino -- News, Rumors, Casting, etc (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/607889-killer-crow-d-tarantino-news-rumors-casting-etc.html)

Osiris3657 01-11-13 10:21 PM

Killer Crow -- D: Tarantino -- News, Rumors, Casting, etc

OK, I'm sure some of you have heard about Killer Crow already, and nothing is official yet, but enough news has come out about it that a thread seems worthy.

Per MTV:

Quentin Tarantino recently revealed that he would like "Killer Crow" to be his next movie, which will be the third part of a trilogy that includes "Inglourious Basterds" and "Django Unchained." He also said that the new film would be directly connected to "Inglourious Basterds" and that some of the Basterds will likely make an appearance.

Now, during an interview for "The Last Exorcism: Part II," Eli Roth was asked if he will return as the Bear Jew in "Killer Crow." He replied: "I've known about that project for ten years, so we've definitely discussed it. Quentin knows I'm ready to pick up the bat. I'm always ready to pick up the bat for him if he needs it."

According to Tarantino, "Killer Crow" follows "a bunch of black troops. They had been fucked over by the American military and kind of go [crazy]. [The] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."

The first half of the script has already been written.

Here's a Q&A Tarantino did with a website:

http://www.theroot.com/views/taranti...django-trilogy

IIG 01-11-13 10:59 PM

Re: Killer Crow -- D: Tarantino -- News, Rumors, Casting, etc

Anything that he wants to do, I have no quarrel with. With that said, I'd love to see him get back to a crime film next.

whoopdido 01-11-13 11:07 PM

Um who wants to watch American soldiers killing other American soldiers? No thanks.

Boba Fett 01-11-13 11:11 PM

Eh.

I always thought he had this idea and it spawned into "Inglorious Basterds" and "Django Unchained."

Why So Blu? 01-11-13 11:15 PM

I'm down.

Charlie Goose 01-11-13 11:32 PM

QT is OK with me. If he were to shit in a bowl, I would eat it and say, "MMM, delicious! What a cook!"

Drexl 01-12-13 12:41 AM

I kinda figured gays would be the next group to get revenge.

Solid Snake 01-12-13 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by whoopdido (Post 11536644)
Um who wants to watch American soldiers killing other American soldiers? No thanks.

Does it matter? It doesn't matter what it's about, it's about how it's done.

I've no qualms w/ whatever makes a good story actually executed as a good story.

mhg83 01-12-13 10:37 AM

What's QT obsession with kill whitey?

islandclaws 01-12-13 11:58 AM

I've heard he's doing this right after Kill Bill 3. We have a thread for that one so it must be official, too.

Seriously, you guys have to know by now that the only time to believe QT is doing something is when he's actually doing that something. I'll bet this never gets made.

Osiris3657 01-12-13 01:07 PM

This isn't the first and won't be the last time a thread is created about a rumored movie. Don't see any forum rules stating you can't speculate on rumored movies.

JumpCutz 01-12-13 01:23 PM

Whatever you do QT, just no more Eli Roth. Ever. I Implore you. He can't act. It's as bad as casting yourself.

islandclaws 01-12-13 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 11537024)
This isn't the first and won't be the last time a thread is created about a rumored movie. Don't see any forum rules stating you can't speculate on rumored movies.

Agreed, but Tarantino is only second to GDT in announcing things he'd love to do but will likely never get around to doing.

Actually, we should have a speculation thread for both of them...

Why So Blu? 01-12-13 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 11537064)
Agreed, but Tarantino is only second to GDT in announcing things he'd love to do but will likely never get around to doing.

Actually, we should have a speculation thread for both of them...

GDT is actually a bit more involved in projects that have his name that are not directed by him. QT does have a few that he has also just produced. His are few and far between, though.

Troy Stiffler 01-12-13 04:00 PM

Yea. I remember thinking it was cool that he's interested in doing a Friday the 13th and Bond movie.

Didn't chatter about Basterds start out in 2002-or-so?

Troy Stiffler 01-12-13 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 11536918)
What's QT obsession with kill whitey?

It's provocative and can be fund. It's an easy target for a revenge film. And he seems to have blaxploitation and other 70's revenge movies embedded in his conscious.

Why So Blu? 01-12-13 04:08 PM

White people = The Devil.

Geofferson 01-12-13 05:07 PM

I thought a gangster-era flick was next on QT's agenda.

Jackskeleton 01-12-13 05:39 PM

I'll believe it's being made when it's in theaters.

Troy Stiffler 01-12-13 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 11537228)
White people = The Devil.

Well, yea. *eats Why So Blu?'s soul*

When I started to read the OP, I thought it would be cool if The Basterds came back to the USA and tried to cope with fitting back into society. Build a Tarantino crime/revenge story around that. And maybe work in pursuing escaped Nazi criminals in the USA. I could probably sit here and write something cool around that.

But whatever. It's Tarantino. I'll see it.

Osiris3657 01-12-13 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson (Post 11537327)
I thought a gangster-era flick was next on QT's agenda.

Yes, QT has said he wants to make a 1930's Gangster movie. However it doesn't have a name, plot line, and partial script like Killer Crow.

inri222 01-12-13 06:05 PM

For your next film either adapt a book or collaborate on a screenplay with Roger Avary. :)

Yeah I think his best stuff is pre-Kill Bill.

Kal Varnsen 01-12-13 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz (Post 11537045)
Whatever you do QT, just no more Eli Roth. Ever. I Implore you. He can't act. It's as bad as casting yourself.

If Donny Donowitz is in this movie, he should cast Sandler like he originally wanted to.

Hazel Motes 01-13-13 12:53 AM

Personally I'd like to see Tarantino do something different already. The whole revenge thing is wearing a little thin.

PopcornTreeCt 01-13-13 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 11536706)
I kinda figured gays would be the next group to get revenge.

I was thinking Native Americans. He keeps going further back in history, I think it makes the most sense.