Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was 5.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was 5.

Old 01-12-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was

Yeah, because Herzog is a psychopath? What.The.Fuck?
Old 01-12-13, 05:22 PM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Klaus Kinski's daughter claims he raped her multiple times starting when she was

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2006/feb/03/news2

Not content with voyaging up the Amazon or making acclaimed documentaries about grizzly men, it seems that Werner Herzog also helps out Hollywood movie stars in peril.

When Walk the Line star Joaquin Phoenix overturned his car on a winding Los Angeles sideroad last Thursday, it was the 63-year-old German director who sprang to his rescue.

Phoenix, who received a best actor Oscar nomination earlier this week, flipped his car over when the brakes failed on a road above Sunset Boulevard. As he lay, disorientated, in the wreckage, he heard a gentle tap on the passenger window.

"There was this German voice saying 'Just relax'," the 31-year-old actor recalled, adding that Herzog then helped him from the vehicle. "There's something so calming and beautiful about Werner Herzog's voice," Phoenix said. "I felt completely fine and safe." Herzog has a home near where the accident occurred.

But like all do-gooding superheroes, Herzog refused to stick around and take the glory. "I got out of the car and I said thank you," Phoenix said. "And he was gone."
What a psychopath!
Old 01-12-13, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only thing I can think of was his casual reaction to being shot while doing an interview.
Old 01-12-13, 05:23 PM
Banned by request

That's just being kickass.

After all, it wasn't a significant bullet.
Old 01-12-13, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Herzog hasn't done anything. purplechoe is just being holier than thou.
That's what I figured based on the "anyone who likes them is also a psychopath" line. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some horrifying revelation about his personal life ("Herzog the serial killer" or something.)
Old 01-12-13, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
The value in such a memoir for the third party reader is to gain a better understanding of how the victim processed the abuse. Even if he were alive to be prosecuted and convicted, she'd still be left to make sense of what she endured - and whatever insight she has to offer from that is what matters here.
Interesting. As a victim myself when I was five, it gave me pause when I wondered why it took her 55 years to come out about it when it took me less than an hour. Then you add on the fact that it took her over 2 decades beyond his death to come out about it.

Was I more courageous than her at 5? was I less gullible? Was I more vindictive? Did she have nobody in her life that she trusted? The answer to the "trust" question seems to be "no", and that saddens me. I couldn't imagine not being able to trust anyone at that age.

As far as my "that made me chuckle" comment. When I did the search, the picture that came up in the middle of the 3rd row was a picture of him wearing a crown of leaves on his head. I chuckled at that. The nude picture of him and the child wasn't in the third row.

Currently, the nude pic is in the fourth row and the one I originally saw is on the 14th.
Old 01-12-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley View Post
Interesting. As a victim myself when I was five, it gave me pause when I wondered why it took her 55 years to come out about it when it took me less than an hour. Then you add on the fact that it took her over 2 decades beyond his death to come out about it.

Was I more courageous than her at 5? was I less gullible? Was I more vindictive? Did she have nobody in her life that she trusted? The answer to the "trust" question seems to be "no", and that saddens me. I couldn't imagine not being able to trust anyone at that age.
I don't think it's necessarily helpful or healthy to compare coping. Your circumstances and hers would have been different in myriad ways. I'm certainly not qualified to say what meaning there may be for you in her insights into her experience, or whether there's any meaning at all for you to be found there.

Even those who feel comfortable speaking out early are then at the mercy of whether anyone believes them or acts on their report. A child who speaks out and then sees nothing come of it can lose trust in a very different, yet no less powerful a way as one who never feels comfortable speaking up in the first place.

In any event, kudos to you for processing your experience as well as you have. The fact you're comfortable speaking about it at all, even online from the anonymity of a screen name, is genuinely encouraging.
Old 01-12-13, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
The victim does not want that to happen.
That is all well and known...I still think Polanski should be punished. I don't give a fuck if she doesn't want anything to happen now or not. He raped a kid. That's a crime. He should be punished for it.
Old 01-12-13, 06:04 PM
Banned

I don't think it's necessarily helpful or healthy to compare coping. Your circumstances and hers would have been different in myriad ways. I'm certainly not qualified to say what meaning there may be for you in her insights into her experience, or whether there's any meaning at all for you to be found there.

Even those who feel comfortable speaking out early are then at the mercy of whether anyone believes them or acts on their report. A child who speaks out and then sees nothing come of it can lose trust in a very different, yet no less powerful a way as one who never feels comfortable speaking up in the first place.

In any event, kudos to you for processing your experience as well as you have. The fact you're comfortable speaking about it at all, even online from the anonymity of a screen name, is genuinely encouraging.
My point wasn't to say I am stronger than her, etc. Had a ton of questions flow through my brain when I first read about this. I think it is interesting how people cope with things differently. I think that is a valid issue.

The way you described trust is a more eloquent than the way I did. But I can still, as a victim myself, understand how others would question her timing. Did she finally overcome her fear of ridicule or is it for monetary gain. I believe some questioning it have a valid point. Now, the tone they use in questioning it may ruffle some feathers, but that is a different issue.
Old 01-12-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by foofighters7 View Post
I wasn't going to go there but since you said this....

I know someone VERY close to me who was sexually abused and I know this for a 100% fact. It doesn't affect me trying to be objective.

Your statement is ridiculous because you pretend to act like you know anything at all about people being abused.

Guess what, I actually do know a thing or two so don't give me your PC judgmental crap.

Don't act as if, because someone isn't going off their rocker trying to label and bash Klaus, it makes them unable to comprehend sexual abuse.

Just because a few of us are not running with this rumor doesn't mean we don't understand and find it to be terrible. We are simply sane enough to look past ourselves and what happened to us or people we know. (at least I try to do that)
Doesn't affect you trying to be objective but you dump on and insult EVERYONE here who takes Kinski's daughter's side. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's not about PC judgmental crap its about knowing when to keep your fingers off the keyboard and use your common sense, but because you prefer to act like an insensitive, insulting fuckwad who thinks rape is funny, people are taking issue with it.

In the end, knowing someone who was a victim while saying everything you've said here in this thread just makes you come off as an even bigger piece of dog shit.

Is that PC enough for you?

Supermallet, suspend and ban away. You aren't the most objective moderator around that's for sure. Swearing at someone crosses the line but laughing at and insulting others who find rape to be a bad thing are par for the course.

Gotta love DVDTalk.

It's been real entertaining, folks.
Old 01-12-13, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley View Post
My point wasn't to say I am stronger than her, etc. Had a ton of questions flow through my brain when I first read about this. I think it is interesting how people cope with things differently. I think that is a valid issue.
Oh, I didn't read your remarks that way. I understood that you were more "thinking aloud" about it. I was just trying to suggest that you may not benefit much from thinking too much about the comparison between you and her, or between you and any other survivor of abuse.

The way you described trust is a more eloquent than the way I did. But I can still, as a victim myself, understand how others would question her timing. Did she finally overcome her fear of ridicule or is it for monetary gain. I believe some questioning it have a valid point. Now, the tone they use in questioning it may ruffle some feathers, but that is a different issue.
It could be any number of reasons. Maybe it took her this long to feel comfortable speaking out. Maybe she's been fine for years but she was prompted to speak out because she felt it was an issue where her memoirs might be helpful to other abuse survivors. We could speculate all day long of perfectly reasonable explanations - to say nothing of far more cynical ones, like she's become a bingo junkie is behind on her rent.

In general, I'm a fan of "Trust but verify" as a rule but in a situation like this we're really left with either taking what we're told at face value or not. Knowing how many victims never report abuse at all versus the handful of wrongful accusations, I'm inclined to take her at face.

Again, though, my perspective on this is not about whether or not (or how) to retroactively "punish" her father, but on what good may come from her story being told. There's no inherent downside in that context to taking it on faith that she's telling the truth.
Old 01-12-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This thread is fucking ridiculous. So much self-righteous wanking going on.

Originally Posted by purplechoe View Post
Psychopaths are usually attracted to others psychopaths, just saying. I guess that kind of explains Kinski and Herzog being good friends. Having learned this now, I can see why I disliked both of these creeps and their movies. I see the people who admire both of these psychopaths in the same light.

I hope that gives you something to think about...
Originally Posted by Burnt Thru View Post
Totally agree. Some people revealing their unpleasant true nature in this thread.
Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Some of you got called out on your Bullshit on this topic. Maybe you should look inside so you can see where you stand in your Humanity.

Just Sayin'...
To all of this I must say .
Old 01-12-13, 06:30 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Nick Martin View Post
Doesn't affect you trying to be objective but you dump on and insult EVERYONE here who takes Kinski's daughter's side. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's not about PC judgmental crap its about knowing when to keep your fingers off the keyboard and use your common sense, but because you prefer to act like an insensitive, insulting fuckwad who thinks rape is funny, people are taking issue with it.

In the end, knowing someone who was a victim while saying everything you've said here in this thread just makes you come off as an even bigger piece of dog shit.

Is that PC enough for you?

Supermallet, suspend and ban away. You aren't the most objective moderator around that's for sure. Swearing at someone crosses the line but laughing at and insulting others who find rape to be a bad thing are par for the course.

Gotta love DVDTalk.

It's been real entertaining, folks.
Mod Note: Well, you knew you were breaking the rules when you made the post, so expect your suspension shortly.

If you have issues with DVD Talk's TOS (which is what we base our moderation on, regardless of whether you think it's objective or not), then you can open a discussion about it in the Feedback forum.
Old 01-12-13, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mod Note: Well, you knew you were breaking the rules when you made the post, so expect your suspension shortly.

If you have issues with DVD Talk's TOS (which is what we base our moderation on, regardless of whether you think it's objective or not), then you can open a discussion about it in the Feedback forum.
Nick Martin's post hardly seems like the only one in this thread in violation of the TOS. He's just the only poster to be frustrated enough to acknowledge it.
Old 01-12-13, 06:44 PM
Banned by request

Look, I try to be a lenient moderator. I'd rather have open conversations, even if some feathers get ruffled sometimes, then try and crack down on every conversation that might be upsetting to people.

If you have an issue with a particular post, hit the report button. There's more than one moderator for each forum, so you can get a different set of eyes on it.
Old 01-12-13, 06:47 PM

Nick Martin's post hardly seems like the only one in this thread in violation of the TOS. He's just the only poster to be frustrated enough to acknowledge it.
Look Supermallet is a Moderator. That's what he does. That's all he does. He can't be reasoned with, he can't be bargained with. He doesn't feel pitty or remorse and he absolutely will not stop until you are BANNED!

Old 01-12-13, 06:49 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by RagingBull80 View Post
Look Supermallet is a Moderator. That's what he does. That's all he does. He can't be reasoned with, he can't be bargained with. He doesn't feel pitty or remorse and he absolutely will not stop until you are BANNED!

I am the law.
Old 01-12-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Look, I try to be a lenient moderator. I'd rather have open conversations, even if some feathers get ruffled sometimes, then try and crack down on every conversation that might be upsetting to people.

If you have an issue with a particular post, hit the report button. There's more than one moderator for each forum, so you can get a different set of eyes on it.
I'm just saying I find it conspicuous that Nick Martin would be the one to get a suspension given what's been thrown around in this thread already, particularly when his frustration was with a poster whose baiting remarks probably violated the TOS in the first place.

I don't get a vote or anything and I know that, but if I did, I'd cast in favor of letting Nick's remark pass without suspension and probably just locking this thread.
Old 01-12-13, 06:54 PM

...just locking this thread.
That's probably best. I can see this thread going nowhere good.
Old 01-12-13, 07:03 PM
Banned by request

Alright, closing this thread. But let me point out one thing: A lot of the abuse in this thread was aimed at me. I was called a psychopath, a creep, told that I was devoid of humanity, etc. I didn't suspend any of those people. So I'd appreciate it if people took those sort of things into consideration when they rush to say that I'm not a good moderator. I really loathe to suspend people if I don't have to. I'd prefer that people work out their differences or learn to ignore people who bother them.