DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Decide what movie I watch tomorrow lol (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/607228-decide-what-movie-i-watch-tomorrow-lol.html)

GatorDeb 12-13-12 12:08 AM

Decide what movie I watch tomorrow lol

The Man With The Iron Fists or Looper. Looked over their IMDB info (like Crow and Willis), looked at their threads here, and it seems I'd enjoy either. I love mindless kung-fu but also stories about going back to kill people. Can't see both. Votes?

Oh, yeah, tomorrow is the day that each theater that is showing the movie that is close to my house is showing them, after that they will be too far to make it worth the gas money. I'll catch the one I don't see on the theater on DVD as I do want to watch both, just wondering which will be the best cinematic experience.

PopcornTreeCt 12-13-12 12:11 AM

Re: Decide what movie I watch tomorrow lol

Neither. But of those listed Looper.

GatorDeb 12-13-12 12:16 AM

I get one free movie a day, and I didn't plan it well enough and hadn't realized they would stop showing them that quickly (at least with TMWTIF, that hasn't been out that long).

Why So Blu? 12-13-12 12:34 AM

I'd go with TMWTIF, because looper comes out on Blu-ray in like 3 weeks anyway.

Supermallet 12-13-12 01:52 AM

Twikoff is the feel good hit of the year!

Jules Winfield 12-13-12 09:34 AM

Go see Looper. You'll be watching a better movie.

Obi-Wanma 12-13-12 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 11504484)
Oh, yeah, tomorrow is the day that each theater that is showing the movie that is close to my house is showing them.

Huh?

Anyway, Looper. No contest.

Groucho 12-13-12 10:54 AM

Downvoted due to inappropriate usage of lol.

islandclaws 12-13-12 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 11504884)
Downvoted due to usage of lol.

Fixed.

Pizza 12-13-12 11:34 AM

I heard that Star Wars is pretty good. LOL

Nick Martin 12-13-12 11:45 AM

The Man With The Iron Fist is basically The RZA's kung-fu wet dream come to life.

Take into account who he is, and what that means, and it pretty much speaks for itself.

Everything in that movie was basically RZA saying "and you know what would cool if he swings around and muthafuckin' blades come out his arms 'n shit and the bitches shoot fuckin arrows out their titties and its gonna be so fucked up!"

Like when kids sit around watching movies and get all wet in the pants about what 'would've been cool' about action movies. Only it's a rich hip-hop guy instead.

Oddly enough there's actually no titties in it despite all the prostitutes. Big tease. And Russell Crowe? Holy shit he's worse than Val Kilmer now. Totally let himself go and then some.

So if you decide to see it (I wouldn't see it again that's for sure) go into it knowing how dumb it is and it'll be fine. Confusing since it doesn't make any sense, but it's The RZA making an Asian action movie. That alone doesn't make sense.

I hear Looper's good though.

RichC2 12-13-12 11:57 AM

Looper? That movie about
Spoiler:
time traveling back from China (apparently it's time travel AND a transporter) so young you could kill old you while people move shit around with their minds? Yeah, I'm sure that one makes way more sense ;)

Nick Martin 12-13-12 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 11504986)
Looper? That movie about
Spoiler:
time traveling back so young you could kill old you while people move shit around with their minds?
Yeah, I'm sure that one makes way more sense ;)

The RZA wrote and directed a kung-fu movie.

'nuff said. :)

RichC2 12-13-12 11:59 AM

Oh hey mind spoilering that quote, forgot this was a thread asking about what to watch and not a Man with the Iron Fists thread :D

Not that there are any real spoilers in that, pretty much all of that is covered in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Anyway I say watch Looper, good flick.

TomOpus 12-13-12 12:04 PM

Several people have commented to see TMWTIF but it only had 1 vote in the poll.

Nick Martin 12-13-12 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 11504991)
Oh hey mind spoilering that quote, forgot this was a thread asking about what to watch and not a Man with the Iron Fists thread :D

Not that there are any real spoilers in that, pretty much all of that is covered in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Anyway I say watch Looper, good flick.

It's one of the two choices, so technically it's both a Looper AND a Man with the Iron Fists thread.

bunkaroo 12-13-12 12:22 PM

Man with the Iron Mask for sure - I love Leo.

Nick Martin 12-13-12 01:23 PM

No, no. The Beach. No iron masks or fists but still.

The Valeyard 12-13-12 01:38 PM

lawls

GatorDeb 12-13-12 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 11504873)
Huh?

Anyway, Looper. No contest.

One theater close to my house is showing Looper, another theater close to my house is showing TMWTIF. After today they are not showing them and I would have to drive over 30 minutes to go see either of them.

Both movies are at 10p tonight, voting closes at 9p ;)

Groucho 12-13-12 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 11505400)
Both movies are at 10p tonight, voting closes at 9p ;)

Still time for Iron Fist to make a comeback...

GatorDeb 12-13-12 05:00 PM

By the way, PST, so that's six whole hours more :)

Jules Winfield 12-13-12 05:54 PM

If twikoff wins, I have his address because I watch him daily from a neighboring tree bare naked with my binoculars.

dhmac 12-13-12 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 11504484)
just wondering which will be the best cinematic experience.

Because you said this, I voted The Man With The Iron Fists

Looper is good but I think it would play better at home.

GatorDeb 12-14-12 02:51 AM

I watched TMWTIF :(

Right before going I got the idea of watching the trailer for each because of what dhmac said and figuring out which would benefit the most from a theater screen vs. 46" LCD at home with BD, and although Looper has action it seems to be dialogue-driven. Did not think to do this before.

So I went in expecting a mindless Kung-fu movie with blood and guts whose story made no sense and it delivered :lol: Although the story made more sense than I was expecting ;)

Can't wait to watch Looper! It was the first time I went to this theater and on the way back I passed my street and did a u-turn and got stopped by a cop for not using my turn signal. No ticket, though. I was literally one block away from home. He ran my license and plates and asked me to use my turn signal in the future.