DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Clerks III (2022, D: Kevin Smith) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/607092-clerks-iii-2022-d-kevin-smith.html)

Michael Corvin 03-12-15 09:41 PM

Re: Clerks III (Smith, Sometime this Decade)

Originally Posted by resinrats (Post 12421673)
Mallrats 2 I'm guessing. Wasn't that his biggest flop? Why another of those?

Insert joke about Jeremy London needing a paycheck.

However checking imdb, dude has been in a shit ton of flicks the past few years.

fumanstan 03-12-15 10:52 PM

Mallrats 2 has gained a pretty big cult following. I don't really mind Smith pandering to his audience.

Why So Blu? 03-12-15 11:23 PM

My favorite KS film is Mallrats.

Hazel Motes 03-13-15 01:40 AM

Yoga Hosers, Clerks 3, Hit Somebody, Mallrats 2.

I'm down for all 4. I'm glad Smith didn't retire from filmmaking like he said he was gonna.

Shannon Nutt 03-13-15 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by resinrats (Post 12421673)
Mallrats 2 I'm guessing. Wasn't that his biggest flop? Why another of those?

That's the kind of movie you SHOULD want to take a shot at again. Why try to top something that was really good? :)

DJLinus 03-13-15 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12421759)
My favorite KS film is Mallrats.

Same here. I've matured past Kevin Smith's humor*, but the prospect of another Mallrats is something I'm really interested in. It would be great to have Jason Lee back in his greatest role. As a recovering KS fanboy I have the Mallrats book, Brodie inaction figure, and his t-shirt. (I dressed up as Brodie one Halloween.)

*After months and months of SModcast episodes piling up, I admitted to myself that I'm never going to listen to them and dropped the podcast. Also I've yet to see Tusk and Red State. I meant to check out the latter, but it disappeared from Netflix before I mustered up the initiative to watch it.

sauce07 03-13-15 08:35 AM

What's next, Dogma 2? This time he makes fun of Muslims and gets killed for it.

DJLinus 03-13-15 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by sauce07 (Post 12421937)

No, that aspect will just be on the making of doc for the movie and only available as part of the special features of an unrelated DVD. :)

Shannon Nutt 03-13-15 02:37 PM

I would guess "Re-Chasing Amy" comes after Mallrats 2. :)

mnementh 03-13-15 02:44 PM

Just tell him that if he makes the movie, he'll get stoned.

dex14 08-04-19 08:33 PM

re: Clerks III (2022, D: Kevin Smith)

Smith is in Jersey this weekend doing live readings of his original Clerks 3 script for a benefit.

He recently said:

When I wrote Clerks 3, I wrote it during a weirder, darker point in my life, and it's kind of like the King Lear of our movies. I love it, it's one of my favorite scripts, but it's dark. It's bleak, and it's not what Dante and Randal deserve. We're never going to make that version of Clerks 3, but I'm going to write a different Clerks 3 and we're going to make that fucking film, I promise. And in a world where we got to bring Ben [Affleck] back, I'll be able to bring Jeff back. They gave me this much, I owe them one last thing.
https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/07...-jeff-anderso/

andicus 08-04-19 11:53 PM

Well, that sounds like good news, to me!

whotony 08-04-19 11:54 PM

I never knew Smith and Affleck had a falling out.

Dan 08-05-19 12:21 AM

Many years ago, I went to one of Smith's speaking tour shows... He told a pretty crazy story involving Jennifer Lopez, his bathroom, and a missing magazine.

I haven't seen that story posted online, but I also haven't really dug deep to find it.

incomjoe 08-05-19 10:28 AM

I must admit I didn't particularly enjoy the second one, just some parts...but I think I would give the third a try....

melasnus 08-05-19 12:19 PM

A rental, at best.

Cellar Door 08-05-19 03:26 PM

^A rental for me, too, though to be fair that's how I watch the majority of new movies these days. I am more interested in this than in "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot". I thought "Strike Back" sucked and the only thing about the reboot that interests me is Affleck's scene.

I haven't seen Smith's last few movies, but it looks like he's putting his daughter in everything now?

melasnus 08-05-19 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 13589272)
it looks like he's putting his daughter in everything now?

Why not?
She works cheap...:rimshot:

incomjoe 08-06-19 10:26 AM

rotfl

PatD 08-06-19 06:36 PM

Why does there need to be a Clerks III? Clerks II ended on such a happy, satisfying note. Let Dante and Randall be happy.

melasnus 08-07-19 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by PatD (Post 13590069)
Why does there need to be a Clerks III?

$$$$$$$$$$$

Shannon Nutt 08-07-19 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by melasnus (Post 13590248)
$$$$$$$$$$$

This is Kevin Smith. More like just $. :lol:

james2025a 08-07-19 06:54 AM

Growing up i tended to like most Kevin Smith movies with Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob being my favorites. Revisiting them years later and i really wonder what i ever saw in them. Jason Lee is a charismatic guy, but everyone else in his movies tends to be annoying as shit. His scripts really are so childish in their mentality, and the dialogue is just embarrassing. The fact he likes to put his own family in the movies just adds to the pain. I watched the trailer for the Jay and Silent Bob reboot and could not believe that a figure as recognized as Kevin Smith has grown so little since his first feature. He gets a lot of flack for his terrible fashion sense, but his movies are a reflection of him as a whole. A guy who never grew up and still thinks the pinnacle of artist success revolve around fart and weed jokes. Tarantino says he will quit after 10 movies (god i hope so) and with any luck he will take Smith with him. He will still probably continue to pump out Youtube Watch videos for Marvel and Star Wars product where he basically jerks off into his own tears, so the nerds will love that at least.

melasnus 08-07-19 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 13590267)
This is Kevin Smith. More like just $. :lol:

You're right. rotfl

Originally Posted by james2025a (Post 13590275)
Growing up i tended to like most Kevin Smith movies with Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob being my favorites. Revisiting them years later and i really wonder what i ever saw in them. Jason Lee is a charismatic guy, but everyone else in his movies tends to be annoying as shit. His scripts really are so childish in their mentality, and the dialogue is just embarrassing. The fact he likes to put his own family in the movies just adds to the pain. I watched the trailer for the Jay and Silent Bob reboot and could not believe that a figure as recognized as Kevin Smith has grown so little since his first feature. He gets a lot of flack for his terrible fashion sense, but his movies are a reflection of him as a whole. A guy who never grew up and still thinks the pinnacle of artist success revolve around fart and weed jokes. Tarantino says he will quit after 10 movies (god i hope so) and with any luck he will take Smith with him. He will stick probably continue to pump out Youtube Watch videos for Marvel and Star Wars product where he basically jerks off into his own tears, so the nerds will love that at least.

Well said.

Smith has his shtick with the clothes and whatnot, and I think "whatever, dude."
But his movies haven't evolved one iota.
Too bad he doesn't recognize this.
Or if he does, he doesn't have the talent to do anything about it.

Another guy who is in the same boat is Mike Myers.
After his shagadelic films, he has fallen to the bottom of the Hollywood barrel.
The Love Guru is the most godawful waste of filmstock of all time.
It's so bad, it made me angry to have been subjected to such a turd.

Someone needs to give these guys an intervention.

d2cheer 08-07-19 12:07 PM

Mike Myers doesn't have to give a shit what anyone thinks. Shrek made sure of that.