Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Woman goes nowhere near kitchen to name Cloud Atlas and John Carter worst of 2012

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Woman goes nowhere near kitchen to name Cloud Atlas and John Carter worst of 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-12, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Woman goes nowhere near kitchen to name Cloud Atlas and John Carter worst of 2012

Originally Posted by Artman
Wow, sorry to hear that. I'd rather stick to films I think I'm going to like, vs watching nearly everything and only liking 1 out of 3. There's just not enough time for that. Is saying no thank-you or suggesting something else not an option?
What am I going to do instead? Play video games instead at home?

Again, some films surprised me. Fun Size, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Rise of the Guardians are three recent ones that come that I was genuinely caught off guard by... and Perks is easily one of the year's best.
Old 12-06-12, 12:47 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts
Re: Woman goes nowhere near kitchen to name Cloud Atlas and John Carter worst of 2012

Based on Time Magazine's list, I've seen two: What to Expect When You're Expecting, and The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Both were pretty terrible.

Of course, I also saw:
For a Good Time, Call...: This was worse than both of the above films.
Safe: Bad, even for a Jason Statham flick.
Cosmopolis: Cronenberg's worst since... ever... and I also consider myself a fan.
Man on a Ledge: Too many coincidences.
Ted: A shitty romantic comedy.
Savages: Quite possibly Stone's worst flick ever. Even WTC and W. were more tolerable. U-Turn haters can shut up.
Old 12-06-12, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
Of course, I also saw:
For a Good Time, Call...: This was worse than both of the above films.
Safe: Bad, even for a Jason Statham flick.
Ted: A shitty romantic comedy.
For a Good Time, Call... was a severe disappointment, however, Bachelorette was the superior female-based sex comedy this year. It's a lot more raunchier and the first two acts almost could rival Seven Psychopaths in regards to dark comedy.

Safe was mediocre.

I actually thought Ted was one of the better comedies to be released.
Old 12-06-12, 02:11 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The best comedy of the year was 21 Jump Street, IMO. Seven Psychopaths was excellent but a little more than just a comedy. A Fantastic Fear of Everything was a really stellar dark comedy.
Old 12-06-12, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet
The best comedy of the year was 21 Jump Street, IMO. Seven Psychopaths was excellent but a little more than just a comedy. A Fantastic Fear of Everything was a really stellar dark comedy.
Yeah, I'd agree with that. I feel that Seeking a Friend for the World, Jeff, Who Lives at Home, and Safety Not Guaranteed were better films, but like Seven Psychopaths, they were more than just a comedy.
Old 12-06-12, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My worst of the year is easily The Master
Old 12-06-12, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YhkNLHictW8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-06-12, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The worst movie of 2012 is Don''t Go in the Woods. I hope none of you subject yourselves to it as I did.
Old 12-06-12, 04:29 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I know how the Cloud Atlas fans feel.
Old 12-06-12, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts

My top two worst are "Seeking Justice" and "The Expendables 2"
Old 12-06-12, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me clarify, I don't see terrible movies, at least not intentionally. So, I'm sure someone could list two dozen shitty horror movies that came out this year that were worse than The Master and I'd probably agree. We should throw those out anyway because they never aspire to be great works of art anyway. However, The Master did set out to be a great movie but in my eyes, failed miserably.
Old 12-06-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

How Rock of Ages is NOT on that list is a motherfucking conundrum, man...
Old 12-06-12, 11:02 AM
Suspended

I kind of had hope for Hyde Park on the Hudson.
Old 12-06-12, 11:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
I kind of had hope for Hyde Park on the Hudson.
it's been getting very mixed reviews - swaying to the negative.
Old 12-06-12, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
How Rock of Ages is NOT on that list is a motherfucking conundrum, man...
I think it's more of a slap to the fans of the stage musical, than say a bad movie - but I agree, 'Rock' sucked ... hard.
Old 12-06-12, 11:13 AM

Let me clarify, I don't see terrible movies, at least not intentionally. So, I'm sure someone could list two dozen shitty horror movies that came out this year that were worse than The Master and I'd probably agree. We should throw those out anyway because they never aspire to be great works of art anyway. However, The Master did set out to be a great movie but in my eyes, failed miserably.
I left the theater with a big 'what the fuck did I just watch' expression on my face - vastly overrated. I don't think I could rewatch that film ever again. Pointless beyond belief, and unemotional.
Old 12-06-12, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
What am I going to do instead? Play video games instead at home?

Again, some films surprised me. Fun Size, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Rise of the Guardians are three recent ones that come that I was genuinely caught off guard by... and Perks is easily one of the year's best.
thanks for the recommendation, I think there's still a theater playing this, that I'll check out next week.