Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Now You See Me (June 2013, Dir: Louis Leterrier) (Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Now You See Me (June 2013, Dir: Louis Leterrier) (Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Now You See Me (June 2013, Dir: Louis Leterrier) (Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo)

Fun movie, but filled with holes. Absurdly complicated plots that can be totally foiled if someone was half a heartbeat off the mark.

Spoiler:
It was weird how Michael Caine was first their benefactor and was trying to defend them against Freeman, then turns out to be the pigeon. Then AFTER he loses his fortune, he still has enough money and power to hire Freeman, who seems like he's now protecting them from the FBI only to find out that HE is the main target.

Easy to guess the twist only because EVERY heist flick now has a big twist at the end. So just think of the most unlikely scenario and there you have it.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 11-14-13 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-23-14, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Now You See Me (June 2013, Dir: Louis Leterrier) (Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo)

Question..

Spoiler:
If all was going to plan (ruffalo) why was he drinking into a stuppor, and why was he being a jerk to the female agent. (several times)

Old 03-23-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

1. He was playing the part of the disinterested FBI agent; 2. How do you know he was actually drinking himself into a stupor?; 3. The female agent was not part of the plan, she a wild card who inserted herself into the investigation and he had to deal with her.