Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Bruce Willis Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The One and Only Bruce Willis Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-21, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,207 Likes on 2,069 Posts
re: The One and Only Bruce Willis Thread

I saw Motherless Brooklyn not too long ago and honestly don’t even remember Willis in it.
Old 09-08-21, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

https://deadline.com/2021/09/tubi-ru...es-1234828579/

Willis is now starring in TUBI original movies It’s called Corrective Measures. I’m sure TUBI just acquired the rights to this.
Old 09-08-21, 11:39 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Still not as bad as allowing for his likeness to be deepfaked in foreign commercials.

Good for Tubi for getting in the originals game though.
Old 09-08-21, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Say why you will about Nicolas Cage and John Travolta appearing in straight-to-video dreck but at least they show up and give it their all. They may not be great performances but at least they’re not completely phoned in like Willis has done over the last 10 years or so.
The following users liked this post:
Brian T (09-14-21)
Old 09-08-21, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I saw Motherless Brooklyn not too long ago and honestly don’t even remember Willis in it.
His character's fate drives the action for the movie. This wasn't a money job; it was actually Willis doing Edward Norton a favor.
Old 09-08-21, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Before Movie Pass went out of business, they signed Willis to some contract to make movies for them. Shows he was willing to take any kind of paycheck. And yes Movie pass was trying to get into the business of making low budget movies.
Old 09-08-21, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mwbmis
His character's fate drives the action for the movie. This wasn't a money job; it was actually Willis doing Edward Norton a favor.
In my defense, I don’t recall MOST of Motherless Brooklyn…Except Norton’s unusual choice to play his character with Tourette’s Syndrome.
Old 09-08-21, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

And by the way, thanks for telling me that Motherless Brooklyn sucked, it’s been airing on Cinemax and I was thinking about recording it, but I never heard one good thing about it.
Old 09-09-21, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

I liked Motherless Brooklyn, it's not a great movie, but Edward Norton gives a strong performance and the supporting cast is good as well, including Willis in his small, but important part. The movie is a bit to clean for the era it's playing in, but I just enjoy those classic detective stories, set in the 1930-50s.
The last movie I liked with Willis in the lead is Once Upon a Time in Venice. It's more on the level of his lesser films, when he used to give a fuck, which he actually didn't on this movie, if you've heard about his behind the scenes stuff.
Old 09-09-21, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
And by the way, thanks for telling me that Motherless Brooklyn sucked, it’s been airing on Cinemax and I was thinking about recording it, but I never heard one good thing about it.

Really? Motherless Brooklyn is quite awesome, IMO.
Old 09-09-21, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a mixed bag. The Tourette’s stuff kind of undermines the seriousness of the rest of the movie, and it's biggest flaw is that it's just too long (also the biggest flaw for me in Norton's "Keeping the Faith"), but I liked the noir story.
Old 09-09-21, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,467 Likes on 933 Posts

I just read the whole thread.

I didn't know Bruce Willis was still working. Has any other actor fallen further and kept working? This is like Lugosi going from big-budget Universal horror movies in the early 30s to Ed Wood movies in the 50s.
Old 10-18-21, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Guess what? Another new Bruce Willis movie

Serving a life sentence for a crime he didn't commit, ex-cop Thomas Malone is offered a chance at freedom if he can survive a deadly game of Apex. Six hunters pay for the pleasure of hunting another human on a remote island, but once Malone arrives all hell breaks loose. Laying traps and playing mind games, Malone tries to turn the tables and fight for his life and his future. The cast includes Neal McDonough, Bruce Willis, Corey Large, Alexis Fast, Nels Lennarson, Lochlyn Munro, Megan Peta Hill, and Trevor Gretzky. Edward Drake from a screenplay he also wrote with Corey Large.

Apex opens in theaters, on digital and On Demand on November 12, 2021.

Out of Death is now on Hulu for those who dare to watch it.
Old 10-18-21, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ Based on the trailer, at least that one looks like Willis spent more than a couple days filming. Of course, it’s entirely possible it’s a misleading trailer and Willis is only in it here and there while the rest of the movie is the hunters looking for him.
Old 10-19-21, 02:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From Edward Drake, director of Cosmic Sin (2021) and Breach (2020), films where Willis contributed 3 days work on average. He also has two more Willis films in the can for the coming year - a prolific collaboration!

Willing to bet Willis did no more than 3 days work on this new one as well.
Old 10-19-21, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Yeah, this is yet another one where Willis is billed second. Guarantee the movie will mostly follow the bad guys.
Old 10-19-21, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

I think it was Breach when I saw it and said, hey new Bruce Willis movie, might as well watch it. Then with Cosmic Sin, was more leary but still streamed it. They won't fool me a 3rd time!
Old 10-27-21, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Another new Bruce Willis movie. Coming in December

Old 10-27-21, 12:34 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Old 10-27-21, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My takeaway was that Patrick Muldoon still acts? I thought his career died when that smart bug ate his brain.

Looking at his IMDB, apparently he's quite busy in lots of things very few have ever heard of.
Old 10-27-21, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Yikes, that Apex trailer looks like a C grade disaster. Bruce looks utterly baffled as to what he's supposed to do and say.

I'M BACON AND EGGS ON SUNDAY MORNING!!
Old 10-28-21, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I had a free rental from Red Box and actually tortured myself watching Survive the game last night. Awful and super super low budget.

I actually timed it and Willis had about 20 minutes of screentime. The movie looked so cheap that I think they spent no more than a few weeks filming it. There's 21 people listed in the closing cast credits and pretty much the majority of the movie is filmed on some farm in Puerto Rico.

These Lionsgate/Grindstone movies are making Cannon Films look like high art. They are bottom of the barrel cheap. I think Willis spent no more than 2 days filming his scenes.

Donna D'Errico, who used to be on Baywatch, plays one of the bad guys and she's seen better days. Her facing is suffering from the remnants of her 90s plastic surgery. There is another actress on this who plays some over the top looney Harley Quinn knock off. Someone needs to do a MSTTT type commentary on these horrible Willis VOD trash.
Old 10-28-21, 01:11 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

I see this kind of movie being made and I don't understand how it makes money. There is so much content out there, so many things worth repeat viewing even, how are enough people watching this in paid methods to be worth the time, energy, and cost of doing these sorts of projects? I really feel like I'm missing something huge.
Old 10-28-21, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by story
I see this kind of movie being made and I don't understand how it makes money. There is so much content out there, so many things worth repeat viewing even, how are enough people watching this in paid methods to be worth the time, energy, and cost of doing these sorts of projects? I really feel like I'm missing something huge.
Presales to the foreign market. Just like Cannon used to do.
Old 10-28-21, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
I had a free rental from Red Box and actually tortured myself watching Survive the game last night. Awful and super super low budget.

I actually timed it and Willis had about 20 minutes of screentime. The movie looked so cheap that I think they spent no more than a few weeks filming it. There's 21 people listed in the closing cast credits and pretty much the majority of the movie is filmed on some farm in Puerto Rico.

These Lionsgate/Grindstone movies are making Cannon Films look like high art. They are bottom of the barrel cheap. I think Willis spent no more than 2 days filming his scenes.

Donna D'Errico, who used to be on Baywatch, plays one of the bad guys and she's seen better days. Her facing is suffering from the remnants of her 90s plastic surgery. There is another actress on this who plays some over the top looney Harley Quinn knock off. Someone needs to do a MSTTT type commentary on these horrible Willis VOD trash.
Wait, so Survive the Game is a different movie than Apex? Even though Apex appears to be direct ripoff of Surviving the Game which was already a ripoff of The Most Dangerous Game?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.