Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Originally Posted by coli
The theory about Luke is getting alot of traction on the internet, as even the Wall Street Journal speculated:

Spoiler:
He turned to the Dark Side and is Kylo Ren in the trailers.

I think its utter bullshit, but if its true this maybe the plot point that ruins the movie and maybe even the trilogy.
Kylo Ren is played by Adam Driver. His voice, inflections and body language are quite evident in the trailer. Seems quite odd some people are ignoring all that in favor of some weird convoluted theory. We've known from Day One Adam Driver is playing a villain, then it was revealed what he looked like, then it was revealed his name is Kylo Ren, and then we saw him in the trailers, now we've heard his voice. Mark Hamill, who is a lot more chubby than Driver, and does not have long black wavy hair (unlike Kylo Ren in the trailer) is playing Luke, who oddly enough, is a completely different character, who we see with R2 in the trailer.
Old 10-27-15, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015, Abrams) S: Hamill, Ford, Fisher

Chubby Kylo Ren is wavy longhaired black Luke. I knew it!
Old 10-27-15, 01:27 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No see, Adam Driver is playing Luke Skywalker, who has turned into Kylo Ren. Mark Hamill is playing Luuke, the clone from Heir to the Empire made from Luke's chopped off hand in TESB. And Harrison Ford is playing Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew is playing Princess Leia, and Anthony Daniels is playing all of them in the radio adaptation.
Old 10-27-15, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I get no blasters, but no lightsabers is a joke.
Seriously. Lightsabers don't kill people, people kill people.
Old 10-27-15, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Biker
Kylo Ren is played by Adam Driver. His voice, inflections and body language are quite evident in the trailer. Seems quite odd some people are ignoring all that in favor of some weird convoluted theory. We've known from Day One Adam Driver is playing a villain, then it was revealed what he looked like, then it was revealed his name is Kylo Ren, and then we saw him in the trailers, now we've heard his voice. Mark Hamill, who is a lot more chubby than Driver, and does not have long black wavy hair (unlike Kylo Ren in the trailer) is playing Luke, who oddly enough, is a completely different character, who we see with R2 in the trailer.
"Ren" is a group... perhaps Luke is a Ren as well and Kylo is a disciple?
Old 10-27-15, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

The AMC that I went to had someone out front sending people with lighsabers back to their cars during the midnight screening of Episode III. The same theater allowed people to have duels at the front of the theater before Episode II.
Old 10-27-15, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet
No see, Adam Driver is playing Luke Skywalker, who has turned into Kylo Ren. Mark Hamill is playing Luuke, the clone from Heir to the Empire made from Luke's chopped off hand in TESB. And Harrison Ford is playing Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew is playing Princess Leia, and Anthony Daniels is playing all of them in the radio adaptation.
That's actually the plot for David Lynch's Return of the Jedi, except back then they were going to have Warrick Davis play Luke, and all his dialogue would be backwards.
Old 10-27-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

So Cinemark is encouraging cosplay, but no masks, face paint or weapons. So basically you can dress up as Han, Leia, Luke, Poe, Finn, or Rey without accessories, and that's pretty much it.

Disney needs to step in and tell these theaters to knock it off. I remember tons of lightsabers and people fighting in the aisles before The Phantom Menace.
Old 10-27-15, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
So Cinemark is encouraging cosplay, but no masks, face paint or weapons. So basically you can dress up as Han, Leia, Luke, Poe, Finn, or Rey without accessories, and that's pretty much it.

Disney needs to step in and tell these theaters to knock it off. I remember tons of lightsabers and people fighting in the aisles before The Phantom Menace.
I personally don't care for people to do that cuz they annoy me. So it kind of makes me more pleased to not have it. But there's nothing... technically wrong w/ it. And that's fine and dandy.

But we are in a post theater shooting world. So it is covering asses before they get blamed.
Old 10-27-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't dress up like a character in a movie and bring weapon-like props. Boo hoo. Woe is me.

I have to actually watch the movie instead of fighting other people with fake swords. Wahhhh

Theatres are acting in a responsible manner to protect their patrons. Lame!
Old 10-27-15, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Admittingly... it really really is annoying when people do that and it just leads to people being dumb fucks. It's all the better w/o people dressing up anyway.
Old 10-27-15, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,197 Likes on 2,064 Posts

No shit! Save your costume for Comic-con. Sit in the theater like a damn normal person.

Although I do still chuckle when I remember watching the first Hobbit movie sitting next to a guy dressed as Bilbo and reeking of pot.
Old 10-27-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
No shit! Save your costume for Comic-con. Sit in the theater like a damn normal person.

Although I do still chuckle when I remember watching the first Hobbit movie sitting next to a guy dressed as Bilbo and reeking of Halflings' Leaf.
Fixed for accuracy.
Old 10-27-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The AMC that I went to had someone out front sending people with lighsabers back to their cars during the midnight screening of Episode III. The same theater allowed people to have duels at the front of the theater before Episode II.
My guess would be they either had an incident during EII or new management.
Old 10-27-15, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

Although I do still chuckle when I remember watching the first Hobbit movie sitting next to a guy dressed as Bilbo and reeking of pot.
You want to talk about an uncomfortable experience? When I went to see The Passion of the Christ a very large group of elderly nuns sat directly next to me.
Old 10-27-15, 02:54 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
You want to talk about an uncomfortable experience? When I went to see The Passion of the Christ a very large group of elderly nuns sat directly next to me.
That must have made it very difficult to finish jerking off.
Old 10-27-15, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

Did they like your Judas Cosplay?
Old 10-27-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Did they like your Judas Cosplay?
It's pronounced "Land-Oh."
Old 10-27-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
It's pronounced "Land-Oh."
Old 10-27-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet
That must have made it very difficult to finish jerking off.
No No No ... you have the wrong movie.
Old 10-27-15, 06:15 PM
Banned by request

No No No ... you have the wrong movie.
You're right, the level of gore in Passion of the Christ would make it easy for anyone to jerk it, regardless of who was sitting next to them!
Old 10-27-15, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14
Oh, only simulated weapons aren't allowed? In that case, my Glock 17 will be the perfect complement to my Obi-Wan Kenobi costume!
Old 10-27-15, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Yeah, just takes one asshole.

Old 10-27-15, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

You know that right now, some maniac asshole is sitting somewhere planning another mass shooting for this. I hope it doesnt happen but I have a bad feeling about this.
Old 10-27-15, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I would have started singing "Always look on the briiiiiight side of life" while JC was hanging on the cross.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.